Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ARMA II & OA available from Sprocket, also BAF and PMC DLCs!

I got an email today from IdeaGames checking if my address was correct. So I assume they're working on it :)

about that email, do we need to answer to confirm?

Lol @ the way Sprocket makes all the email adresses visible of their mailing list, i know certain spammers would love it :/

I don't know, I did just in case.

Lol @ the way Sprocket makes all the email adresses visible of their mailing list, i know certain spammers would love it :/

???

The only emails I've had from Sprocket were only sent to me, and contained information specific to my order.

i got two emails from them. one looked dodgy:

Dear %%jobTitle%% %%lastName%%,

As you purchased %%custom2%% on www.sprocketidea.com, IÕm delighted to announce that you are eligible to receive a free printed Map of Chernarus and Takistan. Please, check your postal address below; to make sure it is correct:

%%jobTitle%% %%firstName%% %%lastName%%

%%homeAddress%%

%%homeAddress2%%

%%homeCity%%

%%homeState%%

%%homeZipCode%%

%%homeCountry%%

The other one after that looked legit. seriously the above quote is exactly how it looked LOL

I didn't get any emails from them :(

I didn't get any emails from them :(

Because you probably already have your map. :)

I did a few hours ago, like someone said above, asking if my address was correct. I replied yes... wasn't sure if I had to or not.

...sorry for the confusion...

The email is legit. It would be could if you could reply with the confirmation of the address.

As we are digital distribution and many users post incomplete addresses we wanted to make sure the data was correct before sending the maps into the world (it is sometimes difficult to distinguish that the address is incomplete and also in some countries the address format might be different from what we are used to here - so we just wanted to make sure the address is alright so that everyone got their map)

I sincerely apologize to anyone who may have been inconvenienced by the email. If the email is not answered and the address seems OK we will send the map there anyways ;) Answering will just speed things up as we will be sending maps to confirmed address first.

Have a nice weekend ;)

PS: the offer for the free map still stands. We decided to prolong it for a little bit :yay: Just buy Arrowhead or Combined Ops on SprocketIdea.com

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

i got two emails from them. one looked dodgy:

The other one after that looked legit. seriously the above quote is exactly how it looked LOL

Sorry about that - about 15 ppl got email in this format due to error in the script for mass correspondence (the variables should have obviously been filled by your info from the database :o )

I do not know what you mean by that - Each email was addressed to the recipient only.

No emails or addresses were published to anyone beyond IDEA Games employees.

I sincerely apologize to anyone who may have been inconvenienced by the email.

PS: the offer for the free map still stands. We decided to prolong it for a little bit :yay: Just buy Arrowhead or Combined Ops on SprocketIdea.com

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Each email was addressed to the recipient only.

There is no inconvenience for you taking the extra effort to make sure we get our maps to our correct address. Thanks for that!

What if I have already ordered more than one copy? I have friends who don't or can't buy online (for various unimportant reasons). I hope that I receive one for each order, so I can give them to my friends... but as long as I get mine I'm happy. :D

My email was addressed to me only.

Thanks!

I do not know what you mean by that - Each email was addressed to the recipient only.

No emails or addresses were published to anyone beyond IDEA Games employees.

I received 2 emails. The 1st contained a list of email adresses (aprox 50 orso) in the recipient field. Also that mail had the faulty content as described by johney. A short time after a second mail with a clean recipient field and normal content.

It was good to see most people use anonymous mailboxes (gmail/hotmail/etc) anyways, so no harm done :)

What if I have already ordered more than one copy? I have friends who don't or can't buy online (for various unimportant reasons). I hope that I receive one for each order, so I can give them to my friends... but as long as I get mine I'm happy. :D

You got only one email and you will get only 1 envelope but we will make sure everyone gets same number of maps as number of Arrowheads or Combined Ops he bought.

Yeah unfortunately the site's having bandwidth issues and I can't get an answer from anyone when I try to chase it up :(

I can help you get better download speeds once you've paid but I can't do anything much to help you get there in the first place :(

Direct link to OA is http://www.sprocketidea.com/joomla/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage-honza.tpl&product_id=32&category_id=2&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2&vmcchk=1&Itemid=2 it does actually seem to be working just really slow, so I can only suggest having a few beers on hand when you click the first link ;)

---------- Post added at 23:20 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

Bandwidth upgrades kicked in so all should be up working and quick now (sprocket site and also other websites/forums).

Placebo,

I'm currently using the direct link to download, and it is really really slow, took me around 4 days now and i still haven't finish downloading ARMA 2 : OA. Do you have any solutions to get me a faster download?

On the direct link, it looks like my speed is always capped at 20Kbs. where as my download bandwidth is 1.5MBs. I've emailed to customer support, but they haven't provide any solution for me. They only said that their server speed is 1Gbs, and that's it.

PM sent, you should have let me know sooner so you didn't have to wait :(

Been almost a month and I havn't gotten my Takistan map yet, what the hell?

How has it been a month? Emails were sent out July 9th to confirm people's postal addresses........

How has it been a month? Emails were sent out July 9th to confirm people's postal addresses........

They are correct, I just checked the email :/

Although "Herfølge" shows up as "Herf??lge", may this be why?

Our mail server hates your foreign sounding letters ;)

So I chased up my harassed colleague yesterday, we'll call him "Jan" for the sake of this information, we were hoping to send the maps out this week but unfortunately the hapless minion slave fool colleague who was tasked with doing it is out sick this week, so finger's crossed for next week :)

Good to hear this. Can't wait to get my hands on that map :P

your foreign sounding letters ;)

Says the Scotsman who gives his location as Sweden. :D

How dare you! I'm English :)

Oh. I was misinformed. My apologies. :)

It's ok, could be worse, could be a Scotsman you thought was English ;)