Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ARMA II & OA available from Sprocket, also BAF and PMC DLCs!

I'm not sure what was wrong with it, but I tried to install it to a different directory and it worked...

well as long as it's good now I guess I'm good.

Not sure its totally good to go, as dont you need to install to original game folder to use the original content with OA?

Ok, found the problem with sprocket install "CRC check Error"

Installer is looking for "ARMA2Patch_1_07.exe" in the original ArmA2 directory!

This patch does not exist in the original folder(as its part of the actual download) so comes up with the CRC failed error.

I installed OA to another folder, then moved "ARMA2Patch_1_07.exe" to original ArmA2 folder then just started the install again to original game folder.

Then obviously deleting the extra install thats not needed anymore.

Bit of a pain, but got there in the end

I'm currently downloading from Sprocket.

When it's done, will I have to apply the patches (1.0 -> 1.05 -> 1.07) again or does it 1.07 come with the Sprocket version or does it use my ARMA 2's patch?

The downloader sprocket.exe refuses to run for me, I presume because I have XP x64, seems a bit lame as kernel-wise it is Server 2003 x64 by another name. I also presume this is the only way I could access the U.S. mirror and that the direct download is from the Czech server only as I can't get better than 8KB/s (at which I'd need a whole week to preload).

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Okay fixed this, for anybody else's interest, if sprocket.exe won't run on your XP x64 (or other 64-bit system) you may need to install the 32-bit VC++ 2008 Libraries (will be installed in SideBySide mode so won't interfere with native x64 versions).

Hello,

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

There is a quick solution to problems with the downloader like these but it "per user" solution.

Please write an email to support@idea-games.com or use "contact us" on sprocket homepage and we should be able to work it out in few moments.

//EDIT: Defunkt found out a solution to his problem but if you have any trouble with the sprocket downloader write to support and we should be able to help you.

Also regarding the patch: All versions of Arrowhead include patch for original ARMA2 (online versions include 1.07, most DVDs include 1.06)

This patch does not exist in the original folder(as its part of the actual download) so comes up with the CRC failed error.

I installed OA to another folder, then moved "ARMA2Patch_1_07.exe" to original ArmA2 folder then just started the install again to original game folder.

The installer has the patch included - it should not look for it in the ARMA2 dir or anywhere else.

I got multiple reports from people(customers not developers) who installed sprocket version without problems.

If you encounter CRC error with Patch try closing the install and then running it manually again from the directory you downloaded it to (default dir for sprocket downloader is YourDocuments/sprocket/ , file is setup.exe)

In any case thanks Wildgoose for pointing out this strange error and possible hotfix. I will have a further look into it.

Note/Request:

Please do not PM here on the forums with support requests me - use the support contacts provided above - the response time is MUCH better and it also helps to have all tickets in one place ;) Thank you

Edited by Johny

I have a question about the files you will receive via the Sprocket downloader. Are they regular data files and a setup.exe file which you can install without an external program (like sprocket downloader)? And can you backup them on dvd's (read: are the files smaller than 4.4GB or divided so that they fit on dvd's)?

I have a question about the files you will receive via the Sprocket downloader. Are they regular data files and a setup.exe file which you can install without an external program (like sprocket downloader)? And can you backup them on dvd's (read: are the files smaller than 4.4GB or divided so that they fit on dvd's)?

They're divided into 940mb files, just use PowerISO to read them (can also be used to burn to CD's).

Yes,

they can be backed up on the DVDs.

there are 8files:

filesize filename

995467605 setup01.bin

995397413 setup02.bin

994167781 setup03.bin

996031724 setup04.bin

926946906 setup05.bin

880082881 setup06.bin

670820930 setup07.bin

986112000 setup.exe

As you can see most of the file are around 1GB. You should be able to burn them on 2 DVDs . But you will need to copy them into 1directory on your HDD when you will want to install them from backup DVDs.

Or you can burn them on 1 DL DVD and then you would be able to install the game directly from the dvd.

Sprocket downloader downloads files to YourDocuments/Sprocket so you can find the install there once you download it.

Thanks for the detailed answer!

Sprocket downloader downloads files to YourDocuments/Sprocket so you can find the install there once you download it.

Is it also possible to configure a different location in the download software? Because my primary Windows drive is a (small) SSD so the MyDocuments folder doesn't have enough free space for the setup files.

The installer has the patch included - it should not look for it in the ARMA2 dir or anywhere else.

I got multiple reports from people(customers not developers) who installed sprocket version without problems.

If you encounter CRC error with Patch try closing the install and then running it manually again from the directory you downloaded it to (default dir for sprocket downloader is YourDocuments/sprocket/ , file is setup.exe)

In any case thanks Wildgoose for pointing out this strange error and possible hotfix. I will have a further look into it.

I had the same error as Wildgoose did. CRC error - something about can't find "ARMA2Patch_1_07.exe" from D:\ArmaII. What i did was that i then updated ArmAII 105 to 107 and tryed the OA setup.exe from default dir again and it worked.

Ah, good job that man. Got mine working after the CRC error.

Online activation isn't working though, serial not active yet. :)

Why the hell does Sprocket use that fake-tool, which is only quite bad working FTP-client for downloading?

And another WTF - 50 users are maximun on each FTP?

Means no more than 150 people can donwload simultaniously worldwide??

And If I guess: Those three servers are connected to the net with no more than 100 Mbit/s - that makes 2 Mbit/s max-DL speed for anyone, right?

But hey, I'm NOT reaching 2Mbit/s anyhow - there's always some slack..

So, dear SprocketiDEA:

Ever heard of such a neat thing called "BitTorrent"?

I heard, some small company called Blizzard, among some others, use that to spread their content fast and reliable.

Download speed here sucks and I don't think the download finishes until the 29th!

If I had known this before, I might have bought the game on Steam.. :confused:

Greets

Ripper

PS: Those bad warez monkeys already can pick up a well trojanized version at the specific sites :icon_rolleyes: - I hope BI at least boots their asses out of multiplayer..

Why the hell does Sprocket use that fake-tool, which is only quite bad working FTP-client for downloading?

And another WTF - 50 users are maximun on each FTP?

Means no more than 150 people can donwload simultaniously worldwide??

And If I guess: Those three servers are connected to the net with no more than 100 Mbit/s - that makes 2 Mbit/s max-DL speed for anyone, right?

But hey, I'm NOT reaching 2Mbit/s anyhow - there's always some slack..

So, dear SprocketiDEA:

Ever heard of such a neat thing called "BitTorrent"?

I heard, some small company called Blizzard, among some others, use that to spread their content fast and reliable.

Download speed here sucks and I don't think the download finishes until the 29th!

If I had known this before, I might have bought the game on Steam.. :confused:

Greets

Ripper

PS: Those bad warez monkeys already can pick up a well trojanized version at the specific sites :icon_rolleyes: - I hope BI at least boots their asses out of multiplayer..

Been downloading with 160-210 kb/s for the last 5 hours, I'm at 52% now :F

Sprocket is BIS as Idea is BIS.

For those getting slow speeds on Sprocket, you have 48 hours before you can even play it anyways so complaining about the speed seems a bit pointless right now, start it running, go to bed, see what it's doing in 12-16 hours, you can't play it anyway until the 29th.

read this

read this

Can't play multiplayer that is.

can't play anything on the sprocket version... securom doesn't take the serial keys yet as they aren't activated.

No, Sprocket users can't play the game at all until the 29th. The activation it requires you to do before the game launches won't accept any keys until then.

GossamerS was faster. :(

Edited by Zipper5
GossamerS was faster.

It does do my nut in a bit that there's already an official thread about 'impressions' of OA before its even released

It's almost enticing the big nasty untalkable about thing

Pre-order is downloading now, should coincide with the release in a few hours if i`m not mistaken.

how does mod support and official patches work? same way as the retail boxed version? i know that steam has a few issues with patch updates. what about sprocket versions?

how does mod support and official patches work? same way as the retail boxed version? i know that steam has a few issues with patch updates. what about sprocket versions?
As far as I know, the Sprocket version is the same as boxed version when it comes to patching - just download patch from BIS or other site and install. :)

jonney, you're once again asking questions that have been answered many times before. Sprocket has SecuROM DRM based on activations. Steam has the usual Steam DRM.

Couldn't find a legit answer about this. If I buy OA from Sprocket, will it integrate with my Steam version of Arma 2? Please no opinions or guesses.