Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ARMA II & OA available from Sprocket, also BAF and PMC DLCs!

By the way - what time the Sprocket's OA will actually become playable? 0:01 CET on 29 June?

Also - maybe some people experienced with the preload of Arma II: Any problems with bandwidth on the preload? Does Sporcket handle this well, with several GB over 2 days for - I guess - quite a few people?

I'm wondering these things too because 12:01 AM CET is the previous day over here so...

The bandwidth question is also very good, but I think the 2 day pre-load period will help.

There's been a few Sprocket related questions asked over the last couple of days so I bullied my poor over worked colleague into a mini Q&A for you guys so here's some answers to things you've asked recently in this and a couple of other threads:

• Sprocket time zone is CEST (Central European Summer Time) which is 6hrs ahead of East Coast time. (That means 11am here in Prague is 5am in New York)
  • The release date and time for Operation Arrowhead on Sprocket is 29th June 00:01AM (CEST)
  • The activation keys customers receive once the pre-load is started (on 27th June) will not work for activation of the game until the release date/time.
  • Sprocket Bandwidth should be sufficient to handle the load we are expecting especially with the 2 day pre-load. We have mirrors in Czech Republic, Denmark (EU) and in US.
  • The special bonus for all pre-orders of Arrowhead and Combined Operations is printed Double sided map of Takistan on one side and Chernarus on the other side. This map will be sent to you by regular post in July 2010.

Hope that helps :)

Well, if preload/installation/activation go well, it's going to be one hell of a night in Takistan on 29th ;)

Thanks Placebo.

YES, I get to play at 6:01PM EST on the 28th! Muhahahhahaha

CST here, I think I get to play at 5:01 (if I did my math right).

I want to know if I update ARMA2 to 1.07 now, and I'm gonna install OA together with ARMA2 in a few days, will there be a error message " You don't have proper 1.05 ArmA2"?

The 1.07 pathe's advantages are really attracting me, but I have to wait for OA......

YES, I get to play at 6:01PM EST on the 28th! Muhahahhahaha

Woot me2 8)- dd from Sprockett turning out to be a very nice thing for us NA's:yay::bounce3: Being how US is still on the tail end of things as usual when it comes to BI games, also rather pay my money directly BI :p

Here's a pic of the Takistan map you'll be getting with the Sprocket version:

20100625a2oamaptakistan.jpg

(click for higher quality larger version)

since thats an unclassified version, does that mean ther exists an clasified version aswell? :P

(so looking forward to reciving this )

So I downloaded the pre-load of Operation Arrowhead... to my surprise it's only 940mb or something around that. Then when I try to install it, it says CRC Incorrect on ArmA2105to107.exe (something similar to that).

So I downloaded the pre-load of Operation Arrowhead... to my surprise it's only 940mb or something around that. Then when I try to install it, it says CRC Incorrect on ArmA2105to107.exe (something similar to that).

You did not download complete game. Setup is made from 8 files around 1gb.

I can't download anymore, :(

my log says their servers are all full

It seems there is more of us trying to download it, than i expected :). EU and US mirror is full, CZ mirror is painfully slow :).

Yep with a speed of 60 b/s (not kb/s) it will be mine mine in about 75 days.

I will know the paper map by heart at this time.

I have been looking at the Sprocket download site and have been thinking to use it for OA as I'd save about $10 vs. Steam. While I put a lot of faith into Steam and expect it to be around for a very long time, indie sites like Sprocket make me nervous.

Question - is there any way to save and burn the install files for a game once it has been downloaded from Sprocket?

Apologize if this has been answered elsewhere :(

yes, you can burn the dl files to a dvd without problem ( if you can't burn dual layer dvd's, you'll need 2 dvd-r's though )

I have been looking at the Sprocket download site and have been thinking to use it for OA as I'd save about $10 vs. Steam. While I put a lot of faith into Steam and expect it to be around for a very long time, indie sites like Sprocket make me nervous.

Question - is there any way to save and burn the install files for a game once it has been downloaded from Sprocket?

Apologize if this has been answered elsewhere :(

sprocket is close with BIS, so there's nothing to fear

Sprocket is BIS as Idea is BIS.

For those getting slow speeds on Sprocket, you have 48 hours before you can even play it anyways so complaining about the speed seems a bit pointless right now, start it running, go to bed, see what it's doing in 12-16 hours, you can't play it anyway until the 29th.

Sorry to say this again, but can somebody help verify my files:

http://img687.imageshack.us/i/filesxf.jpg/

I'm getting the CRC error, but I'm not sure which file is the corrupt one and I'd much rather not re-download the whole thing.

Well it seems you have md5 checksums there, so you can check to make sure all the files match those. This utility will probably do the trick: http://www.toast442.org/md5/

I think you just need to run it, and drag the .md5 files into the program window (probably one at a time).

Well it seems you have md5 checksums there, so you can check to make sure all the files match those. This utility will probably do the trick: http://www.toast442.org/md5/

I think you just need to run it, and drag the .md5 files into the program window (probably one at a time).

I'm not sure what was wrong with it, but I tried to install it to a different directory and it worked...

well as long as it's good now I guess I'm good.

Sprocket is BIS as Idea is BIS.

For those getting slow speeds on Sprocket, you have 48 hours before you can even play it anyways so complaining about the speed seems a bit pointless right now, start it running, go to bed, see what it's doing in 12-16 hours, you can't play it anyway until the 29th.

Yup, that's what I did. Now I have setup.exe and all 7 bin files downloaded ready and waiting. :D