Sign in to follow this  
TiGGa

RTS - Farm Wars

Hmmm. I reupload the mission in case something got screwed up there....

...same filename/path

and sure we speak of version 0.4a ? not the one on TiGGas post of first side ?

I just retried hosting it myself and the MHQ is just there, east west, coop, joint coop. whatever i do.

Edited by Schwab

Well once again i did it with a custom vehicule and nothing spawn after the parachute, like if the script were skipped, ill compare the new upload with the one i have, ill give feedback in the next 5 minute

Its still important to know which version you play... And also the Version of your engine - maybe you use a beta patch? havent encountered this bug in any version before...

Edit: Also do you start it in SP or MP mode? Just for clarification =)

The only way I was able to break the gamestart was to choose "Coop West - destruction" and join the opposite side - East in this case! If you choose the wrong side you will just spawn into the water.

Also, what did you mean by "game didnt trigguer the end"? You played a destruction mode and have destroyed the whole resistance base? Theres a set of buildings in that base that have to be destroyed to trigger the end condition.

Edited by Zothen

Alright i found the problem its either the Advance AI (VFAI) or the AI Fire dispersion add-on. Wich one does it i dont know as they are mixed in the same folder right now, give me about 10 minute and ill tell you wich one does it.

****EDIT****

After testing all my AI add-ons, its the VFAI that screw it up why and how i dont know but it screw the ural spawn, i have all my other add-on activated and it work juts fine.

Edited by jocan2003

Alright i found the problem its either the Advance AI (VFAI) or the AI Fire dispersion add-on. Wich one does it i dont know as they are mixed in the same folder right now, give me about 10 minute and ill tell you wich one does it.

****EDIT****

After testing all my AI add-ons, its the VFAI that screw it up why and how i dont know but it screw the ural spawn, i have all my other add-on activated and it work juts fine.

Ok that addon I do have and I was wondering if that could be a possibility, when I get time I'll eliminate that mod and hopefully that will fix this issue... damn shame also, I like that addon.

Oh simply deactivate it from the shurtcut when you want to play hence why its good to have separated folder, i simply copied the shortcut without the VFAI when i wanna play a farma war :).

Also i didnt try to reproduce the bug but the only construction upgrade to raise the defense option ( AT tower and such ) didnt work, only the staff up did work and increased to dksg and spg-9 static defense, ill try to reproduce it today.

Oh simply deactivate it from the shurtcut when you want to play hence why its good to have separated folder, i simply copied the shortcut without the VFAI when i wanna play a farma war :).

Also i didnt try to reproduce the bug but the only construction upgrade to raise the defense option ( AT tower and such ) didnt work, only the staff up did work and increased to dksg and spg-9 static defense, ill try to reproduce it today.

Eh i may have changed that :P

I think the bigger towers are now only available after Infrastructure upgrade.

At least i wanted to change that ;)

Give me a second i will check....

Edith says :

for [{_j=28},{_j<6+(count _fortlist)},{_j=_j+1}] do
		{
			if ((((!isNull east_hq and damage east_hq < 1) or (!isNull east_mobile and alive east_mobile)) and east_hqupgrade > 1))

Which means as much as: You need east_HQ upgrade level 2 for the Advanced Defense structures.

If you dont like that just unpbo the mission file and put it back to level 1 ;)

You find it in

dialogs\*_listboxupdate....

I am off now for at least 1 week - so no updates for that time. Have fun with version 0.4b, which is state of now:

http://farma.eutf.org/ArmA/MpMission/farm_wars_04b_ups.Chernarus.pbo

EDITH SAYS AGAIN:

There was a bug at this Code i posted here ....

Fixed it "again", now same download to 0.4b should be "bugfree".

I am sorry, some things at RL i dont want to speak about take now lot of me. I will be back when its about time. Hope its playable as it is now, if not just collect the bugs and i will fix them then.

Edited by Schwab

Yeap it was a conflicting mod, but not just the VFAI mod... I ran the mission just by its self and the MHQ showed up.

Thanx for 0.4b, so far so good.

Well maybe a mix of AI dispersion and VFAI got AI dispersion CrazyAce?

I am sorry, some things at RL i dont want to speak about take now lot of me. I will be back when its about time. Hope its playable as it is now, if not just collect the bugs and i will fix them then.
I know i dont know your mission well, but if i can ill try to fix any bug while your away and then send it to you once your back, dont forget to PM me if i have any update on bugfix.

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

As i just saw in the little code, i could ebe mistaken, but i think if the HQ isnt fully repaired some defense wont show up in build menu? Ill test that

Well maybe a mix of AI dispersion and VFAI got AI dispersion CrazyAce?

Na, the files I have are listed as such. I used karens file directory to print to text document of all the mods in my mods folder.

FILE	asr_config_camofaces.pbo
FILE	asr_config_camofaces.pbo.ASR.bisign
FILE	bb_mercs_desert.pbo
FILE	bb_mercs_desert.pbo.SchnapsdroSel.bisign
FILE	bigmikeairfix.pbo
FILE	Cher_low.pbo
FILE	cher_low.pbo.FPShelper.bisign
FILE	cheytac.pbo
FILE	cyborg11_west_lb.pbo
FILE	cyborg11_west_lb.pbo.LittleBirds.bisign
FILE	extended_eventhandlers.pbo
FILE	extended_eventhandlers.pbo.CBA_v0-1-2.bisign
FILE	extended_eventhandlers.pbo.CBA_v0-1-3.bisign
FILE	extra_units.pbo
FILE	extra_units.pbo.Mushr00m.bisign
FILE	extra_vehicles.pbo
FILE	extra_vehicles.pbo.Mushr00m.bisign
FILE	Factions.pbo
FILE	Factions.pbo.LittleBirds.bisign
FILE	farma.pbo
FILE	farma.pbo.fArmA.bisign
FILE	ffaa_armas.pbo
FILE	fullnvgoggles.pbo
FILE	gdtmod_binocular.pbo
FILE	gdtmod_binocular.pbo.gdtmod_binocular.bisign
FILE	gdtmod_sun.pbo
FILE	gdtmod_sun.pbo.gdtmod_sun.bisign
FILE	glt_f16.pbo
FILE	glt_f16.pbo.GLT_ADDONS.bisign
FILE	GLT_LHD.pbo
FILE	glt_missilebox.pbo
FILE	glt_missilebox.pbo.GLT_ADDONS.bisign
FILE	gms_k98.pbo
FILE	gms_k98.pbo.gms.bisign
FILE	gms_mp40.pbo
FILE	gms_mp40.pbo.gms.bisign
FILE	GTR_R34.pbo
FILE	IraqArmy.pbo
FILE	IraqArmy.pbo.IraqArmy.bisign
FILE	Jehzus_Product_ChDKZReskin.pbo
FILE	Jon_Editorupdate_V1.2.pbo
FILE	Jon_Editorupdate_V1.3.pbo
FILE	LittleBirds_Config.pbo
FILE	LittleBirds_Config.pbo.LittleBirds.bisign
FILE	loki_pussywagon.pbo
FILE	loki_pussywagon.pbo.loki.bisign
FILE	M113_BIS.pbo
FILE	Misc_low.pbo
FILE	misc_low.pbo.FPShelper.bisign
FILE	pmc_apache.pbo
FILE	pmc_apache.pbo.PMC.bisign
FILE	raf_chin47.pbo
FILE	rcir_cdf_specnaz.pbo
FILE	roccofaces.pbo
FILE	roccofaces.pbo.Rocco.bisign
FILE	sdp_mcannon_fix.pbo
FILE	sdp_mcannon_fix.pbo.SDP.bisign
FILE	sen_weapons.pbo
FILE	sen_weapons.pbo.sentinel.bisign
FILE	SGE_config_v0.2.pbo
FILE	smurfc_era.pbo
FILE	SOW_sounds.pbo
FILE	SOW_sounds.pbo.GOE.bisign
FILE	SOW_sounds_c.pbo
FILE	SOW_sounds_c.pbo.GOE.bisign
FILE	type64.pbo
FILE	type89.pbo
FILE	usmc_mh53e.pbo
FILE	usmc_mh53e.pbo.gachopin.bisign
FILE	Utes_low.pbo
FILE	utes_low.pbo.FPShelper.bisign
FILE	warship.pbo
FILE	warship_config.pbo
FILE	WFProton.pbo
FILE	WFProton.pbo.PRTN.bisign

Hmm i dont know if its meant to be like that, but if somone else can try to reproduce it, here is what i did and how i fixed it.

In the version im playing i love a new version of hummve so since i always start at the same place ive add the Hmmv there.

What happent is when i took some hand gunner and sent them in the jeep and then made a new group to transfer it, the restoreHC.sqf didnt kick in so it was stuck in HC: false and i didnt have control at all on these unit. Here is what i did.

In the init.sqf ive added this line.

player addAction ["Grab nearest cow","scripts\grabcow.sqf","",-10,false,true,"","count (nearestObjects [_this, [""cow""], 3]) > 0 and !carrycow and !carrycrate"];

player addAction ["Grab nearest crate","scripts\grabcrate.sqf","",-11,false,true,"","count (nearestObjects [_this, [""Fort_Crate_wood""], 3]) > 0 and !carrycow and !carrycrate"];

player addAction ["Drop cow/crate","scripts\dropcow.sqf","",-12,false,true,"","carrycow or carrycrate"];

player addAction ["Call secretary","dialogs\opencommander.sqf","",-9,false,true,"","(playerside == west and west_secretary) or (playerside == east and east_secretary)"];

Player addAction ["RestoreHC","dialogs\RestoreHC.sqf"];

Now for any reason if it doesnt update and your stuck with new group not refrshing either make the change yourself or ask me and ill send you a copy with no additional add-on ( without the stuff i use to avoid conflicts ).

*****Edit*****

The only mod i have in common with you is the CBA and the SDP_cannon fix it happen to me SOMETIME that he doesnt spawn the vehicule but i think its also due to the game choice i make i didnt test it fully i want to play too :P

*****EDIT*****

Are you fine with playing or you still have the bug?

*****EDIT****

Forgot to add the entry in the respawn.sqf

(call (compile (_unitlist2 select _index))) addAction ["Grab nearest cow","scripts\grabcow.sqf","",-10,false,true,"","count (nearestObjects [_this, [""cow""], 3]) > 0 and !carrycow and !carrycrate"];

(call (compile (_unitlist2 select _index))) addAction ["Grab nearest crate","scripts\grabcrate.sqf","",-11,false,true,"","count (nearestObjects [_this, [""Fort_Crate_wood""], 3]) > 0 and !carrycow and !carrycrate"];

(call (compile (_unitlist2 select _index))) addAction ["Drop cow/crate","scripts\dropcow.sqf","",-12,false,true,"","carrycow or carrycrate"];

(call (compile (_unitlist2 select _index))) addAction ["Call secretary","dialogs\opencommander.sqf","",-9,false,true,"","(playerside == west and west_secretary) or (playerside == east and east_secretary)"];

(call (compile (_unitlist2 select _index))) Player addAction ["RestoreHC","dialogs\RestoreHC.sqf"];

Edited by jocan2003

Anybody tested the .4b yet? Did a few runs with .4b and .4a and the vehicle upgrades did not kick in. At least it was quite funny when we got overrun without vehicles 20mins later.

Well I haven't gotten as far as Zothen, I'm still trying to figure out how to get my farmers into defensive guns with v0.4b.

Usually I just push "D" but the map interface movement took that option away. I'm not liking the uhh GUI of the solders when selected being on the left hand side of the overhead interface. I still prefer it to be on the bottom with a boarder, although I do like the new border color, much better than the default red.

Doh dudes didnt i wrote this ? :)

I hope i did. As WASD is for screen moving D and C moved to X and Y.

Edith says: Damn i didnt ;)

The Unitlist i made a little button on the top to make it just smaller, hope u saw that?

As i did not like the pics and textstrings are hard to place at the bottom i had to take one side to write the stuff down.

What is your main problem with the info on the left? Do you need a border? A background color? Is there too much info, or not enough? Do you have any suggestions for the design of it?

And @ Jocan: Is the RestoreHC now working?

Edited by Schwab

Ah well conserning the unit list on the left hand side of the screen, it actually is in the way when using the mouse to navigate the screen and it also has no back drop to indicate that it is the unitlist.

If I could take a screen shot of the UI I would provide an example back drop for the UL menu. In fact what you have for the right hand side of the screen would work for a back drop in the userlist menu.

Don't forget to also update the notes in the map screen give new users an understanding of the updated version of the mission.

Also would you happen to have any plans or templates for base structures?

What about this one:

Hided Menu (No Unit Selected):

arma2%202009-08-29%2018-16-34-08.jpg

Units selected, without Formation Menu:

arma2%202009-08-29%2018-16-43-66.jpg

All together:

arma2%202009-08-29%2018-16-53-37.jpg

To templates:

I really would appreciate your all help here and waiting for some templates. I was thinking of some big walls, but also i like the Tower/Gun Combos.

I do not like the 3D Editor that much with which TiGGa made this stuff, but the sqf output from it should be enough for me to implement more templates. If you feel not able to help me you need more patience :)

Edith says: Briefing update uuuggh ok ^^

Edited by Schwab

only ups-version available??

You'll have fun with it trust me.

@Schwab, that looks great :yay: I think we can can deal with that UnitList menu.

To templates:

I really would appreciate your all help here and waiting for some templates. I was thinking of some big walls, but also i like the Tower/Gun Combos.

I do not like the 3D Editor that much with which TiGGa made this stuff, but the sqf output from it should be enough for me to implement more templates.

Ah I see now, after looking into the templates.sqf files I was wondering how things were attached to objects. I guess I should figure out how to use this 3D editor and maybe I can help conjure something up.

Edited by CrazyAce

Schwabi, as Ive told you, you should have a look into the building repair thingy. Its a bit weird that you need the mhq to start the rep but can drive away or start to rep the next building. When it already needs to stay close to the building it might be a too large circle.

It might be interesting to discuss to imobilize the mhq while it is repairing a building... can become tough when a base is under attack from all sides...

Oh, the wasd keys move the focus in the item lists (construction, recruiting, etc.) which is damn annoying, cos usually you select a building and then place it - so often you use wasd to get to the right spot and suddenly you build a market instead of the beloved AGS! And btw. the AGS is too cheap for the mass murder weap it is! ;)

Yes Zothen, it is really annoying but i have no idea how to change it. I think i will remove the WASD movement again and enhance the right mouse button movement. The double solution was somehow only for tryout and i dont like the digital (On/Off) movement of the WASD keys compared to the right mouse button movement.

I will change this a little bit that buildmode gets only cancelled with right mouse button when u click and not with a drag.

Or anybody has an idea how to disable key selection for a ListBox....???

Only in the right hands Zothen :)

Curse you - you just had a lucky day... :p

Schwab, unfortunatly I dont even know how to setup a dialog list, hehe! But from what you said its not implemented with intend? Rather a default setting of the dialogs? In this case I would ask in the scripting forum for a way to circumvent it...

But still thumbs down for removing the digital movement - imo its the most elegant solution! :p

Or anybody has an idea how to disable key selection for a ListBox....???

Well from what I can gather in the keyboard.sqf file under functions folder, (most of the quote codes are in Dutch, I can't read dutch so I won't be much help here) Look for case ##, then switch or delete the case ## key, you have done it before as evident as it is. Or are we talking about something diffrent here?

Edited by CrazyAce

Yeah i know how to disable my own defined keys :)

But i did not define to make the listbox (for example the listbox with the construction menu) react on my keypresses (what it does now when you press WASD to move the cam).

Hm maybe i can disable the listbox for the time for a keypress,.... i will try that.... Edith says that it didnt work. Hmm well maybe i really have to ask tomorrow in the script forum.....

btw its not dutch :p its german ;)

Edited by Schwab

i love the unit list from the picture 2 really, but make sure you see the background, how many time i try giving order but i was clicking on the unit list due to the transparent background and unit were not moving, and yeah the restore HC worked out it was a quick and dirty way to fix it due to my lack of knowledge.

Maybe add the action only if your close to the mobileHQ or HQ just in case a trigguer get corrupted or like befor ein the Command window the old restore HC button i missed him when i had that bug hehe.