Sign in to follow this  
TiGGa

RTS - Farm Wars

I think Zothen has a copy of the Beta version as he mentioned on ICQ.

Maybe he can upload to a filehoster somewhere or send it to you?

I hope we did a lot of comments to the files to describe the work as good as possible. If not just tell me the file and linenumber and i try to explain you the content :)

I would definitely like to see FarmA reach Takistan or something. I have a ton of fun on it, but even with the vegetation rendering fix in the most recent patch this mission still makes Chernarus run slowly (granted, that may have more to do with scripts than Chernarus).

Any info on the kingdoms project as that is actually what I'm interested in as it could be adapted to other maps as apposed to life stock?

Funny coincidence, that Ive just mentioned that to Schwabi, but yes, I have Kindoms + addon! Its an early beta from doing tests with Tigga, but I still have it! I think its easy to adapt to other maps, cos Tigga intended to make it a kind of "RTS-Framework".

Would be lovely to see a resurgence of these missions as they offer something completely different from the norm.

I cannot find any way to switch back to player mode, tried hitting f1 but a circle appeared around my base and was pretty useless. tred looking around for an answer but could not find.

Edited by failtolawl

Since it's not mentioned in the original post, this is for Vanilla arma?

I finally found some time and mood to continue the work here.

Here is a Testversion from what i did and tested in singleplayer:

http://ul.to/g84knaz8

I mainly changed the automatic transport functions which should work faster and more stable now. If the automatic transport still gets stuck you can try to take of the cargo which should enable the AI to continue work.

Also i introduced a speed up parameter which accelerates some parts of the game (start with some weapons and upgrades).

It would be very nice to get some feedback from a dedicated server test if everything is stable.

Edited by Schwab

You may want to edit your first post download, it gives a 404.

Please use another upload place, as uploader is pretty crap.

Cheers mate. Looking forward to trying it out.

Ya i understand, unfortunately i have no own Dedicated anymore.

I hosted the File at www.g-g-c.de:

upload.g-g-c.de/downloads/arma2oa/rts_20_farma.chernarus.pbo

Its already again slightly modified. I introduced a gps Startup parameter which should take more load from the server. Its still sometimes laggy in the end of the games.

One more problem in the version i posted was the the drop did not work all the time on the dedicated. This should be fixed now too. If NOT - please!! Send me the server and client rpt files, thanks!

Btw: The Startup Post is not by me. As soon as this version is somewhat stable and what i think the functionality should be i will create a own thread for it again.

One more edit:

It would be really nice to join your tests, if possible please post time & server here. Thanks :)

Ya i understand, unfortunately i have no own Dedicated anymore.

I hosted the File at www.g-g-c.de:

upload.g-g-c.de/downloads/arma2oa/rts_20_farma.chernarus.pbo

Its already again slightly modified. I introduced a gps Startup parameter which should take more load from the server. Its still sometimes laggy in the end of the games.

One more problem in the version i posted was the the drop did not work all the time on the dedicated. This should be fixed now too. If NOT - please!! Send me the server and client rpt files, thanks!

Btw: The Startup Post is not by me. As soon as this version is somewhat stable and what i think the functionality should be i will create a own thread for it again.

One more edit:

It would be really nice to join your tests, if possible please post time & server here. Thanks :)

I can provide you with some webspace if you want, just pm me.

Hey how do you escape the command interface to get back to normal view so I can quit and stuff??

@ryguy: There is a close button on the bottom right.

This should close the rts interface. If there is no close button, ESC works.

@GossamerSolid: thanks, i will come back to this as soon as i know the version is a final release :)

@ryguy: There is a close button on the bottom right.

This should close the rts interface. If there is no close button, ESC works.

I saw no close button on the bottom right and ESC didn't work =/

Is there any upg going?

It was very cool mission, and it would be shame if its not finished :(((

Is there any upg going?

It was very cool mission, and it would be shame if its not finished :(((

absolytely !!

potentially it can ashame DayZ, in downloading/usage/online/scale scale, properly-marketed :))

And for that spam post you need to dig up such an old thread?

§10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant", contact a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion. Digging up an old thread simply to ask "any news" is also not acceptable, PM the thread starter or mod leader to ask.

Infraction +1

And on a side note, please stop bashing/referring to Dayz in almost every post you make. It is beginning to look like spam and spam is annoying.