Sign in to follow this  
TiGGa

RTS - Farm Wars

farma 0.4c is uploaded: http://farma.eutf.org/ArmA/MpMission/farm_wars_04c_ups.Chernarus.pbo

Armaholic Mirror: - RTS - Farm Wars (10CDF vs 10INS) v0.4c Beta

I also installed and unlocked a forum for fArmA where you can meet with other players to play fArmA or to get a more sructred discussion about fArmA features:

http://farma.eutf.org

0.4.c Discussion:

http://farma.eutf.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2&sid=1679c7acf9d72e2eacb4e27b8cca7ba6

grmpf says: i see the moveto-locations from the HQ, Vehicle Factory and Air Factory are not working yet on the dedicated servers. They worked well for me as self-hoster. I will check this and give u an update ASAP

Ok i know now where the error comes from. But bugfix will take some while. So long i reopened the old download which has all functions except the Default waypoint for new created Units.

Edited by Schwab

I want more online rounds! If anybody beside me is looking for multiplayer rounds leave a note on the Farmwars board!

Hope to shot you!

thx

PS: Forget to play with Schwab - hes a coder! Coders suck at playing! You know why? They find a bug and immeadiatly start to fix it... :p

:D sry about that, but units not moving from the mhq would have destroyed gameplay sooner or later ;)

i am still working at that btw, i had lot of reallife work today so i start now with next round of bugfixes.

Is there a way to give the AI commanders money and actually have them buy their own troops / vehicles? This is probably my favorite mod / mission but was wondering if there is some way I can kind of automate the AI squad leaders a bit more. I know that having human players in their place is the ideal way to play but my internet is pretty weak which makes online ARMA 2 not so much fun :(

I've tried giving them money through the administration menu but so far haven't notice any of them spend it yet.

For that AI stuff i could really need help from some1 with some time for scripting.

It isnt that hard, you need some scripting experience of course but most needed is TIME - which i dont have enough defenitely.

If you think you can help please go to farma.eutf.org to the Support forum or write me a PM.

Edit:

The 0.4c is fixed NOW.

Rally points for HQ, Vehicle Factory and Airfactory are working also on dedicated servers.

Units will go to rally point which was set when unit was added to Queue!

You change rally point by selecting the building (H for HQ, F for Airfac, V for Vehicle Fac) and then rightclick somewhere. You will see a big white dot when the rally point is set.

Download here the fixed version with same filename:

http://farma.eutf.org/ArmA/MpMission/farm_wars_04c_ups.Chernarus.pbo

Edited by Schwab

possible to add nograss(which file I need to change for nograss) and viewdistance option in next version and other start weapon???

Edited by TeilX

Check http://farma.eutf.org

You will find a version for 1.04 there which includes nograss. I will publish a 0.5 Version when i am sure there are no more gamebreaking bugs in the current version.

Startweapon can be added, but did you already realize you can register the weapons from units you ordered at the HQ/MHQ ?

So if you buy a SMG for example, select him, press 6 and then choose "register new weapons" - then you will be able soon to take it urself from the weapon rack.

ah thx . i was to lazy to search at early morning^^:p

klar ist auch gute idee aber die waffe ist solalala(für mich) die am start.:D

aber dickes Dankeschön

Nice idea, but I prefer to create units in my own group, cos they are better to handle in the rts menü anyway.

So you don't use the spare AI farmers to attack other towns?

The strategy I like to do is this. First build my HQ and block it in between buildings, this way it can't get destroyed form long distances; tanks and RPG rounds are notorious HQ destroyers from distances. Then build the cow shed, factory and base supermarket in a flat open area (preferably away from conflict zones), this will allow the AI trucks to flow with ease. Then after a few minutes I set up my base defenses creating a choke hold for the enemy from getting to my HQ, then recruit soldiers for the AI farmers and send a few of them patrolling around the base, while recruiting more solders for the attacking AI farmers.

Once I get a town pretty much under control, I then move the MHQ in and set up town defenses, creating another choke hold for the AI from capturing it or disrupting my HQ from that direction.

The places I like to set up shop is at the lumber mill in the East (the only problem with that set up is the KA52s that kamikaze my HQ from the sea, or in the North West there is a town South West of Vbor and just north of the West pasture… I noticed that setting up a base in an area that is easily surrounded by other occupied towns that the base can become overwhelmed and is a good idea to have your back against the wall, this way it prevents surprises from behind.

Edited by CrazyAce

So you don't use the spare AI farmers to attack other towns?

Yes and no! Like Schwab I use the farmers to attack either the first pasture or town. After that I hardly use them, cos they cant be micromanaged through the RTS-System. After that I use them only as defensive groups - so they usually only hang around somewhere. And cos the "age of infantry" is over when the notorious BRDMs roll out of the vehicle-fac, I dont use any Inf from that moment on.

Thats why I said that your suggestion is interesting but not worth to bother much with... In my opinion, of course! ;)

Cos I usually play the 500k moneyrun I hardly bother with lots of base defense. The tactic is plain simple and straight forward: Cap a pasture and bring 2 cows in then I leave it behind. Cap the first town and sell the first meat. Then I get the BRDMs out and rush more towns. That usually keeps the enemy busy and away from my own base. At some point I recap the pasture and get the fat cows home. If i need more meat I hold it for a while (using either farmers or some of my own troops).

Usually it lasts around 2h to win the 500k race (approx 6 - 6.8k secs.) but I have to admit that Im a bit out of practice, cos I rather prefer to play at least with another person than alone.

(Thats speedrun-style is a relic from when I started to play with tigga and schwab - they tend to play for a fast time score... usually not my personal preference, hehe)

Thats why we should meet for nice online carnage and base building, right? =)

Edited by Zothen

Yeah, we’ll have to get into it one of these days.

See I like how the AI micromanages their own squad. Like take for example if an AI gets injured, they automatically move to the nearest mesh tent and heal them self’s. This allows me ample opportunity to get into the action once the defenses are set up.

However it would be nice if the AI could micromanage them self’s to auto reload a static defense emplacement. If a static defense gun is out of ammo and I tell a support BMP to move to that area, I have to manually tell the static gun emplacement to rearm. And take this issue about the vehicles running out fuel or damaged, the player has to tell the AI to rearm/heal/refuel.

I haven’t had an infantry run out of ammo yet, I wonder what they do if they do run out?

yeah right. have 2 platoons with tanks and all don't have ammo. its hard to rearm them

Rearm in the Vehicle Fac or at a Support Mi.

At Support Chopper move Vehicles close to it and press "R" will Repair, Rearm and Refuel.

I am going to implement a Upgrade for the MHQ to build forward Rearm bases before Version 1.0 but not now ;)

Download:

http://farma.eutf.org/ArmA/MpMission/farm_wars_05.Chernarus.pbo

Still needed Addon (old one):

http://farma.eutf.org/ArmA/Addons/@fArma.zip

Changelog from 0.4c -> 0.5:

-Add swip Cam with PageUp/PageDown, Reset with "End"

-Add Marker for building radius HQ/MHQ Turn On/Off with "F1" in the RTS Interface

-Add Upgrade "Support" to increase work-distance of Support BMP, Mi17 and enable the Rearm Base

-Change Startposition of Players to middle of map to avoid crashes in the mountain ;)

-Changed Import from Plane to Chopper to avoid dropping problems. The Chopper is going to land at the Heli H and will drop soldiers. Vehicles get spawned at the Vehicle Fac as soon as the chopper delivers the parts for the vehicles.

-Fixed: Cow and Meat transport Bugs

-Reduced UPS Patrols in towns

-Moved AI Spawn locations to make easier pathfinding (better performance)

-Startplane locked now

-Modified cowbirth chance

-Reduced Gamemodes: I removed 250k, 1million, East Coop, West Coop. Remaining: Joint Coop - renamed to COOP, Adversial +Air+Base Destruction renamed to Adversial Destruction, Adversial +Air+500k - renamed to Adversial 500k. Added: Free gameplay without Endtrigger.

-adjusted dialogs

-removed formations (not working)

-enabled 1.04 parameters: Terraindetail, AI Number, Start Money, MHQ Price

Edited by Schwab

there is a problem in that file it loads the mission on a endless loop. something is missing

Just for you.....

i made an Addonfree Version of fArmA ;)

There will be some negative effects with it, as i assigned points to the buildings with the addon. So without the Addon the AI is not able to target the buildings without scripting work.

But the main reason for the Addon, that the score out of enemy sided tanks was counted negative got fixed in the 1.04 patch so i thought it would be a good idea to make fArmA as Addonfree as possible and it worked i think.

Adding addons later for some subversion is of course still an option but the main view will be kept on the addonfree version as a basic mission structure.

With the 0.5c release i also added the castle walls and re-structured the construction menu - main buildings, fortifications, static guns, templates and supports now have a own list which is shown when u press the construction menu button or "H" several times.

I know the Readme has to be updated now again, and its not done yet... please be patient it will be done with the 0.6 then.

Download:

http://farma.eutf.org/ArmA/MpMission/farm_wars_05c_AddonFree.Chernarus.pbo

Armaholic Mirror: RTS - Farm Wars (10CDF vs 10INS) - Addonfree

Edited by Schwab

Nice! Thank you Schwab. :)

Whoever is running warzoneusa.com, you guys have a great server for me to game in; I’m pulling in a ping of 31.

See ya'll in the slaughter house.