Sign in to follow this  
TiGGa

RTS - Farm Wars

I will post a 1.03 fix very soon.

The workaround for the Where are you bug is working now (at least for 1 reconnect :D )

I also tried to add the UPS script, but you will need a very powerful machine.

Link will come as soon as i finished playing tonight (so later).

The UPS Version, including 2 new "towns" in the north - alot of more town defense, which needs powerful CPU to work good.

http://farma.eutf.org/ArmA/farm_wars_03_ups.Chernarus.pbo

Tested and worked also for some reconnects without the where-are-u bug - i just deleted the units now. Next step for Version "e" will be to make this better and dont delete the units, and just move them to the server instead so you can find them in the command menu in a special group.

Here is the non-UPS Version, based on the UPS Version above, but it also does NOT include the 2 towns in the north, and so i am not 100% sure if all works ok. The not-UPS Version is not tested, if you experience problems with it please report and i will try to fix as fast as possible.

http://farma.eutf.org/ArmA/farm_wars_03.Chernarus.pbo

Have fun :)

Edited by Schwab

I also tried to add the UPS script, but you will need a very powerful machine.

Ah, so you finally brought the other computer into the basement? :p

Found that the Player slots controled by the AI are stuck on the Respawn fix island, Any way to get them back into the action?

Theres ALWAYS someone who is a MASTER at a certain game when it come's to modding, from what ive seen this guy is one of them, keep up the good work man, this mod looks VERY promising.

Found that the Player slots controled by the AI are stuck on the Respawn fix island, Any way to get them back into the action?

On the Respawn fix Island is a priest at the marker. Go to him and ask him to heal you and you can respawn as usual.

I'm running the mission on a local Ded server for the first time today and found these issues.

On the Respawn fix Island is a priest at the marker. Go to him and ask him to heal you and you can respawn as usual.

Thanks, however I still lack a way of getting Player Slots controlled by AI to do that. If I could get to there action menu via the Command interface, I might be able to tell them to heal at the priest. However the action menu is empty when I access it.

Then I've seen that the trucks take a rather long time to get going, found that they do eventually do what they intend to do, but this takes some time.

Also have not seen a counter attack from the Resistance side with Joint Coop mode. Not sure if I should just wait longer, but in the old versions it took them about 10 min to show up.

Some errors from the Server Error Report file:

Error in expression <KRON_TRGFlag=>

Error position: <=>

Error Generic error in expression

Target acqusition slow and inaccurate (may even select friendly) <- Repeated allot, but might be since I'm Hosting and playing on the same machine.

Server: Object 3:3 not found (message 121)

to

Server: Object 3:73 not found (message 121)

Magazine 75Rnd_545x39_RPK (75 ammo left) not found

Magazine PG7VL (1 ammo left) not found

Error R 2-1-M:2: Invalid path - length 1

Error R 2-1-M:2: Invalid path from [3813.24, 311.05, 8943.49] to [3735.00, 310.94, 8985.00].

Error R 2-1-M:2: Invalid path - length 1

Error R 2-1-M:2: Invalid path from [3813.24, 311.05, 8943.49] to [3705.00, 310.99, 8925.00].

Client Error Report:

Error in expression <s select _index2) select 0;

if (!isNull _unit) then

{

[_unit] join _group;

};

};>

Error position: <_unit) then

{

[_unit] join _group;

};

};>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit

File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\dialogs\transferUnit.sqf, line 26 <- Happend when I had no AI left to transfer but clicked the "Transfer unit" button.

User menu description 'BIS_MENU_GroupCommunication' not defined.

1:05:38.496 (3519.2) [x\cba\addons\events\XEH_preClientInit.sqf:16] Player spawn detected!

User menu description 'HC_Custom_0' not defined.

Unknown action Surrender

Unknown action GetOver

Client: Object 2:2755 (type Type_88) not found.

Client: Object 2:2754 (type Type_96) not found.

Client: Object 2:2754 (type Type_95) not found.

Thats all I have for you atm, But I'm really enjoying this mission and system you have made, Keep up the good work.

Edited by FunkD00BiesT
Correction & Added Client Errors.

Thanks, however I still lack a way of getting Player Slots controlled by AI to do that. If I could get to there action menu via the Command interface, I might be able to tell them to heal at the priest. However the action menu is empty when I access it.

You can restore the high command menu bar by clicking the "Restore" button in the Command submenu.

You can restore the high command menu bar by clicking the "Restore" button in the Command submenu.

Thanks, But the problem is not that I don't have them on the command selection menu, the problem is that I don't have access to there action menu through it, like you have with the units in your squad.

Ok i did not see that behaviour before. It should only happen if the AI dies before you have built a building, after that they will respawn down there.

Will fix that in one of the next versions.

Then I've seen that the trucks take a rather long time to get going, found that they do eventually do what they intend to do, but this takes some time.

ArmA Bug, i am sorry about - but the tractors were even worse and Tanks transporting cows look pretty silly - dont u think so? :P

I can try to put the trucks in a safe mode but most of navigation problems occur then too.

Also have not seen a counter attack from the Resistance side with Joint Coop mode. Not sure if I should just wait longer, but in the old versions it took them about 10 min to show up.

Never played that before alone ^^ Usually they should search ur base and destroy it, u should try to destroy the base in the middle. But it happens sometimes that the AI hangs in some forrest or at some hill for long time....

To your .rpt logins:

There happen lot of entries when units get destroyed which are not local, they produce 1 entry when destroyed and then dissapear.

And you can produce a lot of entries when clicking not useful things :D

I wont try to make the mission dumb-safe, because this will be a life-filling job :D

But thanks a lot for your feedback! I hope you will have lot of fun with the next updates too.

Ok there was a bug in the last version which caused the AI to respawn on the Island only. Happened because of this nice new 1.03 features and a working briefing - but i dont want to annoy you with that :)

Version 0.3e is now optimized with triggers for the UPS-Patrols, they will activate when you are clsoe enough, and give you intense fighting for the towns.

Also this bug with the AI group leaders on the respawn fix island is solved i think....

For the JIP Bug i tried a solution now to create a new group when a player disconnects. The CEO can order this group with all the players units as all other groups then (in the HI-Command).

Download link is the same then last time:

(only UPS Version now, because it worked good for me, please report if you have performace issues!)

http://farma.eutf.org/ArmA/farm_wars_03_ups.Chernarus.pbo

Edited by Schwab

Don't know what you changed but I can tell you your last update fixed all my problems, exept for the missing unlimited ammo on the defense front :P

No really great I really like that the enemy vehicles have any kind of items that you might want to use later, Feel like robbin hood running into fire just to go see what goodies I can grab before it pops, LOL ITs AWSUME!

The DL-link for the addon is broken! =(

Edit: Oh, theres also a new addon for 0.4?

Edited by Zothen

Yes. But i did not publish it yet.

Please give me a day or two and i try to publish the 0.4 version with the new addon.

The Addon will include the buildings then, so they are selectable and will get attacked by the AI.

The mission itself did not change, i was just working at the command interface but the sun was so nice, and it was soo hot.... there was not much time for scripting :)

Ok here you go for the Version 0.4:

http://farma.eutf.org/ArmA/MpMission/farm_wars_04_ups.Chernarus.pbo

for which you need an updated farma Addon:

http://farma.eutf.org/ArmA/Addons/@fArma.zip

(now the Links should work too ;) )

Some details:

The Addon includes the main buildings, as supermarkets, factories and so on. This made it possible for me to make them interesting for AI to shoot at even if there are no weapons mounted on them.

There are also some (so far unused) more vehicles in it for the resistance side. The vehicles, buildings and units are all grouped in a class "fArmA" visible in the Editor when you load the addon with your ArmA.

The mission changed mostly in the RTS Interface from the last version:

-You can access the main buildings with M(MHQ), H(Head Quarter), V(Vehicle Factory), A(Air Factory), S (Cow Shed), C(Cow Factory) and T(Supermarket).

I planned to restructre the dialogs in one of the next version to make more useful dialogs bound to the buildings, so far there are the old dialogs bound to the buildings as i thought it may be useful.

-Scrolling changed from display border to right mouseclick (almost as you are used from the ArmA map). The cam bounces sometime but i did not got the reason for that yet so i could not fix. If you think you found the reason feedback is very much appreciated!

-Buildings got a blue frame when selected

-You can add units to a selection with holding Shift

-You can subtract units from a selection with holding Ctrl

-The never ending story with the JIP-Where are you bug: Version 0.4 now copies the units from a disconnecting player to a new group with his Uid before deleting them. The CEO is then able to control the units as all other units with the Hi-Command module

-Additionally i "unlocked" the transfer Unit button for more cases. The CEO

can now transfer, kill and disband almost all units on his side. This also means he can move a unit from player 2 group to player 8 group even if he is not in these groups. This enables the CEO to give the Units from a disconnected player back to him, when he reconnects to the server.

This feature is not fully stable, so i think it is sometimes possible to transfer a player to another group which will destroy the rest of the mission. Please be careful with clicking there, theres also a little sleep inside causing latency which is dangerous for "Fastclickers"....

(will be improved in next version of course).

Also there are some more minor fixes which i do not want to list up here - you will find them or not :P

Whatever happens, have fun with it and don't be too serious.

Schwabi

So we still need to have the: glt_t34_farmwars.pbo & glt_t34_farmwars.pbo.fArmA.pbo files?

Should work without them, they are in included in the new addon.

Btw: the Hotkeys (1-4) are disabled, i was planning to move them to the keyboard but did not finish that yet.

The south pasture guards got deleted by accident, i added them again, you have to redownload the version 0.4 for that.

Hi, it looks really fantastic, like some another game on it's own engine.

But I have a question, this is multiplayer ONLY, right? It is not possible to play it against AI, right?

Thanks for answer and GJ.

Of course you can play alone against the AI. But the East/West sides are not played by AI - Resistance only. But they will try to bring havoc upon you!

There is a cooperative gamemode.

it is no "real" vs AI mode as AI does not build a base like yours, but its a challenge to destroy the AI base. Just try it ;)

Btw there will be a update soon for the dialogs and RTS interface movement

(the right mouse button navigation is not really perfect :P)

So heres 0.4a, with the modified dialogs as you can see on the screenshot.

http://farma.eutf.org/ArmA/MpMission/farm_wars_04a_ups.Chernarus.pbo

Some changes:

-Cleanup Dialog and redesign

-Improved Mouse moving in RTS Interface (short right click = waypoint, long right click = move screen)

-Added WASD movement of RTS Interface

-RTS Interface rotatable (Q/E)

-Added Fog of war instead of movement limitation

arma2%202009-08-21%2023-37-14-77.jpg

The RTS Unitlist (the selected Units on the screen) are not yet fully functionable again, so you can only see what you have choosen and cant interact with them, will come sooner or later with one of the next updates.

Hope you have fun with it. Cu Schwabi

-RTS Interface rotatable (Q/E)

:bounce3: Nice, I was so hopeing to rotate that screen around. Thank you... To bad I have to work so much, I so want to re-play this mission so bad, I haven't had a chance to sit and enjoy this sence the past few updates.

:edit:

Ok I can't find my MHQ after I para drop out of the plane, I played it twice so far and in the two times the MHQ is missing. I have noticed an empty parachute and I think that has got to be it.

:edit2:

Well, the third time I decided to try something different, this time I didn't see an empty parachute, so I decided to respawn and hope that it will spawn me at the MHQ, but it only spawned my in the middle of the field where I picked to be paradroped to...

Edited by CrazyAce

huh?

Did you load the "new" Addon?

Which side you played?

Never occured for me that the MHQ was missing. Can you please tell me more game-settings, like Coop mode ? Dedicated Server or self-hosted?

Same here the ural doest spawn i will try by addin a new type of vehicule just in case. i do have lastest add-on and mission... Self hosted. tried coop and then coop+air base destruction and game didnt trigguer the end. Ill try different settings and some modification in script and ill post if it work.

Edited by jocan2003