Sign in to follow this  
TiGGa

RTS - Farm Wars

Main Problem is that i have lot of work in reallife too, so i cant spend that many time on this nice project as TiGGa did.

I will do the main fixes, beginning with the Tractor replacement, and also with some script cleanup as soon as i understand everything in the files ;)

Ok, so to make it not too confusing i took the Version Index to 0.3 for my first version.

Following things are changed:

-URAL_CDF and URAL_INS instead of Tractors (causes gps problem, will be fixed with a changed addon file later, with a new "Farma Ural" Class

-AI Tractor Automode edited, so selling meat is highest priority now. Also fixed a repeating code and removed the nessecary of a local supermarket to sell to towns automatically

-saving cam height in Command interface

-added shortcuts for Command Interface: H - Move to HQ

-added shortcuts for Command Interface: M - Move to MHQ

-Price adjusted for BRDM

-All Planes are going to 400 meters after getting a move order to find easier ways to the target

+some more small bugfixes

My main TODO is to rescript the AI Auto and Semimode to make it also possible to change cows between shed and pastures and to make a kind of joblist for the tractors so they cant get looped with 1 type of work.

More Feedback on Version 0.3 is very much appreciated, i will try my best to implement all good suggestions asap.

Download Link:

http://farma.eutf.org/ArmA/farm_wars_03a.Chernarus.pbo

Hello Schwab and thanks for taking over, I'd hate to see Farma die a premature death. Will check out the changes tonight (any one wanna run a server for a few hours?).

Be watching you TiGGa and what your next project is :)

I unlocked the server again.

I was working today on the semi-auto feature to transport cows from shed to pasture and think i got it in the end ;) Will release a 0.3b tomorrow evening when i find some time.

Next step will be to randomize and increase the town defense. Then i also want to make some dialog improvments for version 0.3c...

The JIP Bug seems to be very hard to solve. Its the last very big step to final version but i cant see a solution so far.

The JIP Bug seems to be very hard to solve. Its the last very big step to final version but i cant see a solution so far.

I can only think of one solution; auto kill every AI belonging to that player when the player quits. I noticed (at least with the last version 0.2i) that once a player left, like a CEO, I took that spot and upon restarting #11 AI would not stfu. I then killed it and restarted as the CEO. That fixed my problem with the never-ending loop JIP bug if that is what we’re talking about here?

Yes, that's the problem. I made a script that was trying to do that, but seems like it is not working at all.

Happens, when the server is creating a unit and joins it to the player's group. The unit indexes will be messed up after a reconnect. That is, everyone is unit number 2 and so forth. Creating the unit directly in the player's group would solve that, but then I have troubles with moving crew members into the vehicles (locality problem). If I keep the unit creation solely on the client machine, then I will have troubles with managing the waiting queue. Either way, this requires a major rewrite, which I'm doing now. A completly foolproof unit creation method.

Yeah the JIP thingy is quiet annoying. You cant do anything about it, but when u remember where your units where before u left the server you can select them in the command interface and press delete to kill them all.

If not - well take another slot may be a solution ;)

I uploaded the 0.3b to the farma server:

http://farma.eutf.org/ArmA/farm_wars_03b.Chernarus.pbo

There is now a semiautomatic feature available to send cows from one pasture to another or from the shed to a pasture.

I created a 2nd dropdown for that, choose the start in the upper dropdown and the target in the lower dropdown.

I also adjusted the supermarket values. The cities have now values: 6000-9000-12000 (was 6000-10000-20000) to make the balancing on the Island better.

The town values can now also be quick recognized on the map with the size of the markers (big markers - 12k meat, smallest markers - 6k meat).

Next step to 0.3c will be the some dialog improvments, first of all i want to make a default spawn to location for the vehicle factory and the HQ so units dont just run to the CEOs position but to a defined first WP.

I also think of spawning the AI in the towns with a trigger to make a increasing town defense with longer game time, but i am not totally sure about that.

Will do some test session tonight on the eutf server. Maybe we meet us there ;) CU

Edited by Schwab

You mean "semiautomatic", not semipublic".

I also think of spawning the AI in the towns with a trigger to make a increasing town defense with longer game time, but i am not totally sure about that.

Yes, I think the towns could use a bit support! Nice idea! Maybe optional?

Great work, really well done :)

One recurring problem which I keep coming across is that when you order a jet to land, shortly after landing the pilot always disembarks, and it's impossible to order him back into the jet.

Yes, I think the towns could use a bit support! Nice idea!

Automatic placed stationary defenses around towns? Might be kind of hard to script, if at all. I wouldn’t mind seeing new stationary defenses (templates) added to the build menu.

One recurring problem which I keep coming across is that when you order a jet to land, shortly after landing the pilot always disembarks, and it's impossible to order him back into the jet.

Yeap same here, I just avoid getting planes due to this reason and the fact that they are useless, I still have yet to see a plane do some damage expect for crashing into my base, like my HQ and the factory.

The pilot has to disembark, because you cannot stop a plane otherwise. A manned plane will always have the urge to take off immediately. And about manning the plane, have you done a ctrl+rightclick?

And about manning the plane, have you done a ctrl+rightclick?

Oh, just like what the ingame instructions say :)

I'm sorry to say this Schwab, but the tractor worked better in 0.2i... At the start of the game the Ural did move to the cow shed and loaded a cow on, but didn't do anything after that... Shot him, then the cow... and well the Ural was still alive :confused: Acted like it was still in action, but not doing anything with a dead driver and a dead cow.

I have tried that and it doesn't seem to want to work, though admittedly it did work once ;)

Maybe I need to be clicking on an exact part of the plane, I'll keep trying.

I also came across the same problem as crazyace with the urals :(

Yep had that Truckbug yesterday too in the full-auto mode.

I had to add a fourth variable to the script and did not pass it with the full-auto mode (as there is no useful value for it).

I changed it for the Version 0.3c already but wondered why others did not see that error :)

I hope that the bug u described did not happen in the semi auto mode, because i did not had this error before.

If so please try to tell me exact from where to where you try to send the cow/meat, maybe theres a typ0 with the pastures ?

As a fix for that you can use the 0.3c - its not fully tested but should solve that problem as i also only recognized the error yesterday night.

http://farma.eutf.org/ArmA/farm_wars_03c.Chernarus.pbo

Tested it and it worked for me now too in the Full Auto mode.

1 minor "bug": When you semiauto transport a cow to a full shed or pasture, the truck will drop the cow and the truck will be idle after it. It detaches the cow, but it does not move it to a new position and the cow is shown as "0 meat" when transporting by hand. The cow will be dropped from the truck when he moves away, and the cow ill have a value again after being registered somewhere.

Fixed nr 2 :P cow delivery automatic wasnt working. Download updated.

Edited by Schwab

Thanx Schawb, I'll take look here in a few. Besides bug squashing do you have any other plans to add to this?

Yeah. But i need more time...

I think i got a real solution for the JIP thing now, will script it tonight and test it then too.

First of all i want to add more flexible town guards as already mentioned.

When this is done i want to add some dialog features - like choosing default waypoints from buildings.

When all this is done i was annoying TiGGa with my idea of butchers in the towns in the nowhere to make them interesting too. I think of butchers as a quick way to meatgrind some cow, but not with a 1:1 ratio but with maybe 1:0,5.

I can't see right now when i find more time for the scripting issues - i try my best to do something in the evenings after the office but most of the time i am so tired that i produce more script errors than removing some :)

Well it is something else :P

It needs an extrea Thread i think :D

Looks nice so far, waiting for the thread and pics !

Man the 1.03 patch totally made this as with… well nearly every MP mission unplayable. Within the first few minutes of playing I am getting the “stutter bug†(4 second continually pause lag) that is being heavily reported across the forums after the release of the new patch. The only solution to test that I can think of is to rebuild this mission in 1.03.

Man the 1.03 patch totally made this as with… well nearly every MP mission unplayable. Within the first few minutes of playing I am getting the “stutter bug†(4 second continually pause lag) that is being heavily reported across the forums after the release of the new patch. The only solution to test that I can think of is to rebuild this mission in 1.03.

Did you try to defrag your computer. I had this exact same problem with v1.01 or v1.02, can't remember which. Somebody told me I should defrag the computer and once the game worked better then ever.

Sure did bud, just wasted my time. What I did was updated the CBA addon, defragged according to MRCashs defrag advice first and then defragged with Windows Vista (boo) and auslogics last... Nothing seems to work yet.

I'm going to eliminate the CBA addon (don’t even need it except for the EVH pbos) and see if that improves things.

:edit:

Not a darn thing, just the same ol stutter... Well then I guess I'm just going to uninstall the game and reinstall 1.02 until BI fixes the 1.03 patch.

:edit2:

Schwab I hope you didn't update to 1.03 yet and if ya did, I wonder if this mission will be unplayable to 1.02 users?

Edited by CrazyAce