Sign in to follow this  
TiGGa

RTS - Farm Wars

In 0.2C the AT tower and the MG Tower comes up for me as <null> when I double click on them in the construction menu, which prevents me from purchasing and placing them.

:edit:

Why doubleclick? Singleclick and place on map ??

Stupid request I have is another means of moving the map around, I use 2 monitors and when I move the mouse to the left edge of the screen to move the overhead view around, I tend to go to the other screen. I was just wondering if its possible to add the numpad to move the screen around?

I told that TiGGa all the time :P

Scrolling works better if u scroll below the Sidebar, there is a range which works.

@Crazy: Can't reproduce it. But if I doubleclick the ATTower button, it doesn't delete the preview building in time. You shoudln't doubleclick in construction mode anyways. :D

I will see what I can do about the scrolling. The keyboard scrolling was conflicting with the mouse scrolling so I had remove it.

@Master: Be more specific, please!!!

Would you be able to script it so that if a vehicle stops after a few seconds it switches its engines off? otherwise they just sit with the engines running and after about half an hour all of their fuel is gone.

Also could you possibly implement a fuel bar and ammo bar for a unit in the same place as the health bar in RTS mode? Just to make planning easier.

*EDIT* Just found out that when you order a harrier to land at an airfield (using alt + right click) he lands, and then dismebarks, and refuses to get back into the jet.

Edited by sashfield

Would you be able to script it so that if a vehicle stops after a few seconds it switches its engines off? otherwise they just sit with the engines running and after about half an hour all of their fuel is gone.

Also could you possibly implement a fuel bar and ammo bar for a unit in the same place as the health bar in RTS mode? Just to make planning easier.

That would have to be done with another mod, I remember that there was one made for ACE in ArmA 1.

@Crazy: Can't reproduce it. But if I doubleclick the ATTower button, it doesn't delete the preview building in time. You shoudln't doubleclick in construction mode anyways. :D

Oops I meant single click, the price says <null> I tried taking a screen shot to show ya, but the picture is coming in blank… Still trying to fix that issue.

Oh and I just thought of another thing, is there a way to delete buildings and structures? I place a spot light in a position that the AI can’t get to and was wondering if there was a way to undo or delete that object.

Other than these little issues, the mission is quite enjoyable and I enjoy all the work you have done thus far.

0.2d will show at least whether the unit is out of fuel (cyan glowing ball) or has no ammo left (purple glowing ball).

@Crazy: Never happened to me before. Unless you provide me with reprodutional steps, I can't do anything about it.

Edited by TiGGa

If you haven'T noticed, 0.2d is online. Had a nice coop game where the resistance was completely whiping us out. We have neglegted the defense so it was easy for the AI to recover the lost towns and then push forward to the base. Our base was situated near the east pasture so we were discovered early, meaning we were regularly visited by the enemy. The Ai is really giving a good challenge and I hope you will enjoy it.

Not sure if this helps you tigga, but when using the fully automatic mode for cow/crate transportation, one of the tractors became inactive while transporting a cow. I found that by shooting and killing the cow the tractor became active again. Maybe AI transporting the cows has something to do with the fully automatic bug?

No, shooting the cow will just end the script. The problem isn't the script itself. All I'm doing in hte script is giving the tractor a simple move order and then waiting until it arrived or died. Instead of killing valuable cows, it is cheaper to kill the tractor and transport the dropped cow manually. :D Maybe I need a more massive tractor which isn't stopping fo every little stone on the road... Have you tried the 0.2d? I know the 0.2c is pretty bugged in that aspect.

Edit: fixed the issue I was having. Great mod!

~Balin

Edited by cloudcaptain
corrected

last night when when we played there was a bug with the MHQ

when it was destroyed we where unable to build it anymore.

@Crazy: Never happened to me before. Unless you provide me with reprodutional steps, I can't do anything about it.

This was with 0.2c on LAN I first start by building the HQ, cow shed, meat factory and market. Then upgrade the Staff and the secretary. After a few meat sells I then build the vehicle factory and upgrade to manufacturing. I look at the last 2 items in the construction menu and it’s the AT tower and the MG tower. When I single click on them I get the message <null> at the bottom of the screen where the price should be. I can’t place them as that <null> is preventing me from doing so.

I like the tech tree; it’s pretty neat and adds to the role of the mission.:)

With 0.2d it seems to work no problem. :confused: Heh go figure. :D

:edit:

I guess the only bug I have seen thus far is the tractor stalling; wish I knew how to help fix that.

Edited by CrazyAce

last night when when we played there was a bug with the MHQ

when it was destroyed we where unable to build it anymore.

Ok, need to test that in the next multiplayer session. I had the MHQ in the list yesterday. But I wsn't the commander so I didn't try to buy. Works when I'm testing it in thr editor though. Must be one of the weird bugs, which only happens in a very specific and rare situation. :D

I see what is going on here with the AI tractor in LAN games. If I suspend the game it auto saves (by BIS default standard), when I reload the save the AI tractor that was in action goes inactive, sometimes it will move a little bit, but then just stalls again. I have to buy another one to get the function working again. Then I just destroy the old tractor and let the new one work.

I have found the problem where you cannot buy the MHQ. Should be fixed in the next version.

great mod! i am trying to get this working on my rented dedicated server, i have the command line set to: -port=2316 -name= -config=server.cfg -cfg=Arma2.cfg -profiles=server -mod=@farmwars

and the server.cfg to:

class Missions

{

class FarmWars

{

template = farm_wars_02.Chernarus;

};

};

and i believe everything is in the right folders addon in: @farmwars/addons/*

and map in mpmissions.

i load the server it and when i join it sits at waiting for host! also is there a way to set the AI module and victory condition in the config?

I absolutely don't know about server configurations. Sorry.

To another topic: Ever wondered why you cannot grab those supercool random weapons in the resistance vehicles? Get in as driver for a sec and you then you may take those weapons and register them at the MHQ. Wohoo!

Edit: Upcoming new feature:

unitsave.jpg

Edited by TiGGa

i have the server working, its a really fun mod. one question tho, are you supposed to spend your bbp all at once? because if i spend just a few and sign the contract then i am unable to open the imports window.

New version available in the first post.

@joopie: Read the contract. I've written that you have to choose carefully because you cannot change the contract afterwards.

Hey TiGGa good work on this mod :)

One bug I found was when you put static defense in and the ai is killed manning it, you cannot use it again even if you repair/rearm it. Means you have to continually place new mg's ect.

Also I think this is to do with Arma's AI logic but I find it very hard to get my squads to go where i want (especially tank squads). I set a way point and they seem to get distracted :0

Other than that awesome work :D

Depends on which version have tested it. In the newer versions, I have silently made those static defenses invincible, because it is already to easy to kill the gunner. It was impossible to repair a destroyed gun/vehicle again, because it was still marked as not alive. Thus you shouldn't need to repair it and you should be able to tell the gunner to get in with the regular ArmA command menu. Won't work in the RTS Interface right now, because I'm checking, whether there is a free gunner's position, which is occupied by a dead body.

I have silently made those static defenses invincible, because it is already to easy to kill the gunner.

Maybe a metal plate with a slit to protect the gunner at least against small arms fire? There were some addons for ArmA 1.

The addon link does not work so cant play it...

Edited by Darvo

fixed. sry for that was cleaning up a little there ;)

I have found the problem where you cannot buy the MHQ. Should be fixed in the next version.

thx TiGGa. RTS - Farm Wars is the only thing i am playing now lol

Hehe, glad that you like it. I'm totaly dissatisfied with the result. I can't solve the where are you sound bug and the pathfinding is sometimes ruining the gaming experience. Farm wars is based on my old bugged code from wine wars, just like Arma2 is based on the bugged ofp engine. :D So Same bugs, no solution and I'm really thinking about rewriting everything. New concept, new script architecture (which will solve the where are you bug) and written to be easily modified by the community. Just a thought, but I might do that eventualy.