Sign in to follow this  
TiGGa

RTS - Farm Wars

i tried to do a first tutorial for farma:

j7Vmi1Gq-p8

i have to rework it for sure sooner or later but hope u still have some fun with it. ends with earning some money at the base...

also shows some more of the actual gameplay...

lol FArmA, right on. After watching the videos I have to say I have no idea what is going on, but I am looking forward to playing this. Also would this mod be compatable with English versions of AA2?

@crazyace: its a real time strategy mission for ArmA2, so of course compatible with all versions. its a bit like crcti: you build a base, conquer towns and try to destroy enemy. the difference is the money part.

while in crcti you get money for holding towns (simple) ... in farma you have to have a pasture for the cows to grow up - transport them to your base in the meat factory - meatgrind them there - and sell the meat then again to towns, which will pay you for your services (complicated ;) ).

@eagle911: tiggas camp is an example how creative u can be with the command-interface building menu ;)

@s!fkaiac: yeah one of the nicest parts flying besides the cows :)

Hell yeah, I sooo am looking forward to this. I'll bet it will make the Mod of the Year 2009 for ArmA 2.

Hang in there, public beta will be available SOON. Still some JIP issues, but quite playable.

YES!!! YES!!!! YES!!!

This is the sort of thing I like. Something wild, something wacky, some crazy shit!!

Right, if you are planning to send the cows into battle against other cows, I will help write your scripts if you want, this is the crazy esoteric shit that I like!!

Battle chickens, battle cows, I'm on it!!!

haha this is a brilliant concept. can't wait to give it a go!

i love a bit of humour in a tactical game..

Download link in the first thread.

Download link in the first thread.

*insert expletives here*

I havent got the game yet! :(

I'm jealous now :(

Roll on friday...!

So far not bad, uhh I have no idea what I'm doing. I was able to pick a spot to jump from the plane, build an HQ and draged some cows into a pasture... Thats as far as I got... What else should I do?

Read the manual in the briefing. You should try to conquer a town where you can sell the meat. You can buy some AI tractors to do that for you. Have a look at the semi automatic cow transport function. You can tell your AI tractor to collect a cow from your cow shed and bring it to the factory. Then you can tell it to sell the meat at a specific town, if you have conquered it already. Only conquered towns are in the drop down list.

Haven't attempted to play online with others yet until I'm happy that I know what I'm doing !

Looks and plays GREAT so far.

I'm currently doing bufixes and adding more contents for you guys (as in more defense structure templates). One bug is annyong me greatly. In some occasions, your cow will vanish when you try to grab the best cow. I think it is a timing problem, because it works well, when I'm playing in the editor. On the dedicated server, the whole attaching/detaching process is taking much longer and sometime it will make my script either delete the cow or detach the cow even before the cow is properly attached to my soldier. Working on it right now, as this bug can break the game. It doesn't happen in every game though.

Oh btw, if you want to play with me, I'm on the eutf server every evening (8 or 9pm CET) and testing the newest versions. I won't post every new version here in the forums, so if you really want to test the latest one, join me on the server.

Hopefully this missions gets some level of popularity so some addonsmaker are willing to do some fArma specific addons... like proper cow transporters, cool animated buildings, nice defensive canons like in the strategy games. I'd love to do n addons version.

Edited by TiGGa

Is there a way to rotate buildings? I read the manual, but it doesn't get into the finer game play details.

Hold down Ctrl and the right mouse button, then move the mouse left or right.

Man this is so good, I just wish more server hosted it. :(

I can only play this on LAN, my internet connection speed is very slow and connecting to a European server just breaks the game for me with pings running at around 600. While playing on LAN the AI Tractor doesn’t seem to finish his job, he’ll pick up a cow and then drive to the meat factory, but then the cow disappears and the tractor doesn’t do anything else afterwards.

I just hope that if you do update this with more addons TiGGa that you post it up for us non MP gamers to get.

Now I don't speak Croatian (I assume that’s the language being used by the AI), is there an option to change to get them to speak English?

I've found a bug: the drop down menu stopped working, I don't know why, I wasn't the commander at the time.

Also a request from that commander: Can you make the cattle breeding a little faster? (I actually don't think it needs to be any faster, but yeah.)

Edited by Tureis