Sign in to follow this  
OddballWDI

Was the campain even bug tested?

I found that Razor Leader (Cooper) has been teletransported to Manhattan Base, about 2.000 mt away from LZ !

He is inside an helicopter who does not take off :confused::confused:

So, I have encountered the "teletransport" bug....

It is not a real problem for finishining the mission, because i can easily revert to an earlier point.

But it is very bizzarre !

No problem. In fact I finished the mission regularly. After having reached a "score" or about 70% of the objectives, Capt Shaftoe called me back to the base. I finished regularly the mission with 7.400 points (score).

The mission works. You have to know how to play it.Otherwise you get lost.

It's sad that users of ArmA 2 come out to debate about the bug-ridden single player campaign while the game maker remain silent on this issue. The least I expect from BIS is a promise to fix these show-stoppers asap.

Instead of calming your concerned users with assurance of a fix, leaving them frustrated in the dark while they speculating on your competency will do you more harm than good.

Guess we have to hold out for Operation Flashpoint 2, if we want something that actually works. Maybe by then ArmA2 will have the bugs sorted out. Maybe.

Considering how ambitious and big the free-roam missions are I can forgive them for not catching everything. Those missions are probably easy to break if you try.

Considering how ambitious and big the free-roam missions are I can forgive them for not catching everything.

Bzzzzt wrong answer :)

Any bug that breaks a game should therefore prevent that game from shipping, until it is fixed. PERIOD.

Operation Flashpoint came out 8yrs ago. A lot of the issues in ArmA/ArmA2 still exist from Operation Flashpoint. Those issues should have been squashed back then, let alone the new ones they've manager to create.

The co-op campaign was the only reason myself and a mate bought this game.

I admit, ARMA has some amazing features but the fact is that the co-op campaign does not work.

If a patch 1.03 were to fix these issues in the very near future then Bohemia might rescue the situation but, as it stands, I wouldn't touch any future product with a frigging huge bargepole!

They probably did bug test it, but the list was too long so decided not to implement any changes :D

They probably did bug test it, but the list was too long so decided not to implement any changes :D

Well that's poor management and the indicator of an amateur studio. Not sure what happened to BIS, as I don't recall OFP being 1/2 this buggy. It's a crying shame because most things about ArmA2 I love. I just can't play anything related to the campaign.

V1.02 patch was not very big.

The V1.03 patch will need to be BIGGG!!! to fix all of these bugs

It's sad that users of ArmA 2 come out to debate about the bug-ridden single player campaign while the game maker remain silent on this issue. The least I expect from BIS is a promise to fix these show-stoppers asap.

Instead of calming your concerned users with assurance of a fix, leaving them frustrated in the dark while they speculating on your competency will do you more harm than good.

I actually emailed Placebo with as much when he requested feedback to his BIS address in another thread...

Still nothing.

I am beginning to think the stonewalling is deliberate and they can't be bothered to deal with it. A "Let them eat cake" attitude is not really going to work here unfortunately.

Even a stickied post saying "whoops we failed, sorry, please bear with us while we patch this £(*^*&"£*&R game" would make things soooooo much better.

I for one will not buy another Bohemia product, after shelling out cold hard cash for this piece of $h1t.

When Microprose brought out GP2 (or was it 3? my memory's a bit hazy) they delayed the release by a YEAR becasue the product wasn't ready, but when it came out it was bug free - never had to patched, worked like a dream - and I was happy as Larry. Unfortunately, companies like BIS seem only to care about making money, rather than satisfying the customers whose money it is.

Think I'll revert to playing OFP again, in preparation for OFP3 in October.

Yeah,

I understand you.

Today I opened OFP 1, loaded the campaign "Too young to die" with GRAA Pack 3.0.

Wow, that is a very Tom clancy or fanta-thriller experience !

Yeah,

I understand you.

Today I opened OFP 1, loaded the campaign "Too young to die" with GRAA Pack 3.0.

OFP was amazing. Graphics were decent for the time, very open ended and no show-stopping bugs. Ahh, the good 'ole days...

dude your way-back glasses must be rose-colored. operation flashpoint 1.0 was hella buggy. it took at least 8 patches to become coherent and stable. it was awesome from version 1.0 though, as is arma2. so keep it up BiS!

The OPF campagin were 10 times more immersive though.

dude your way-back glasses must be rose-colored

Lol :)

It wasn't perfect, I agree. But I could at least complete the campaign without anything going wrong. I can't complete the campaign in ArmA2 at all. Every time I try there's a bug that makes me revert it. :'(

it was awesome from version 1.0 though, as is arma2. so keep it up BiS!

Your on the payroll....HR damage control dept.

Your on the payroll....HR damage control dept.

no im not. i just love the ambition these games have, and what they are striving for. hint: the editor is where the best part is found. campaign is just a tack-on.

no im not. i just love the ambition these games have, and what they are striving for. hint: the editor is where the best part is found. campaign is just a tack-on.

The campaign is and should always be the primary focus, storyline is what immerses you into the game, secondary comes multiplayer. Editors are the true "tack ons".

What I am loving about this game is the realism and the storyline, it feels like you are apart of something and that you are making decisions and evolving the story. What I dont like is the constant bugs and oversights which make playing the game frustrating and at times impossible.

I have not yet given up. I hope that soon someone will give me an answer to these problems:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=80633

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=80773

This is a good thread. If it bothers you that much, take your game, your receipt and ask for your money back. The fact is, you love this game, but are, quite rightly frustrated by the single player bugs. There are a hell of a lot more things things that are unfair in this world than ArmA 2 single player campaign being buggy. Have a bit of patience and wait. If you want perfection, stick with the big companies like EA, Rockstar, or *cough* Codemasters. We all know how much they love and care for their customers.

I played through the campaign, hated it, crap. In fact it took me back a bit because I thought exactly the same thing about Cold War Crisis too. Only played that once or twice. (Red Hammer and Resistance were brilliant though). BI are releasing what is basically a massive tool, (sometimes I think *for* massive tools), a sandbox, a set of toys to experiment with, something to get your imagination going. Don't go giving me that crap about, "Oh I cant script - and don't want to learn". Neither do/can I. It doesn't stop me knocking a good mission up in 10 minuites that will keep me good for an hour or so. F2 - select - double click - repeat 4 times. Make a player/squad, a waypoint, and you're set. Simple as Mickey. At the moment, I hate MP games too, because of all the former BF2 and COD players, so that doesn't interest me.

Fair enough, a good story is a big big part of the gaming experience, and I really do sympathise, but contrary to some posts on here, story line has never been a big part of BI games. "Russia invades - US and locals stop them". Puts me in mind of EVE online in the sense that its up to you to what you get out of games like this. Down to just your imagination and your own ideas. I say again!, (little OFP reference for you there:rolleyes:) - its more of a toolbox than a game.

Bottom line if you dont like it, don't play. It wouldn't be the first time you've paid for a game you dont like, and it wont be the last. Or as my dear old granny used to say: "Shit or get off the pot".

Edited by Bascule42
typo - thought I'd make an effort

Spoiler (Storyline Bitterchill and Badlands)

The best mission (Storyline) I have played so far is Bitterchill, after waking up after the Helo crashes, its night time....your confused....you got some crazed Rocker in your face....and trying to get away while half of the russian army is looking for you....flood lights zooming all around the map....helicopter flying around looking for you....and then getting into a firefight with a squad that you ultimately come across. The frustrating thing about this mission was the lack of speed from your unit...im running off asking them to follow and they are dancing around the bushes wanting to shoot things when I have ordered a hold fire.

Badlands is good too, because your starting to get more command powers and units, but the bugs in this are too much to deal with, makes it unplayable

If it bothers you that much, take your game, your receipt and ask for your money back.

Believe me, I would if I could!

But have you tried getting a refund on an open piece of PC software... it's nigh on impossible!

I bought my copy from an online shop... try submitting a return request and explaining that the campaign is so broken that it's unplayable in co-op mode, which is the one and only reason we bought the game! They're just not going to consider such a request!

I have to admit my frustration at this. I'm starting to feel like BIS are laughing at me whilst bathing in Champagne...

I've spent hundreds of dollars on BIS titles. OPF, OPF Resistance, ARMA, Queens Gambit & now ARMA2. I fail to see why I STILL see the same bugs and issues I've encountered all along.

Driving is my pet hate. Last night I asked my Marksman to hop in a car & drive to me. A distance of less than 1000 metres. I watched as he turned the car in the opposite direction and proceded to execute a 500 point turn, reversing into the same goddamn tree each time. He then took off across a paddock crashing into a fence and sat there. I went and ate tea. Came back and he was STILL facing the wrong direction and moving backwards & forwards repeatedly. Nowhere near my position. I would guess and say this went on for 1/2 an hour - maybe 45 mins whilst I ate!

This is the exact same problem that hgas plagued the series since its inception. BIS state the army use a version of this for training... I can't see the Australian defence Force being too wrapped in this twoddle.

Please don't get me wrong though - a testament to ARMA is the fact that I persist with it. Any other game would have been turfed in the bin had I had these issues. My issue is that BIS seem to know that it's avid users will always buy it & put up with stupid bugs & therefore don't really seem to care. I'm no fan of Codemasters, but if OPF2 is a relatively bug free experience I don't think I'll be returning to ARMA. I've spent too much money on faulty products of BIS's as it is.

I too feel I should be paying modders for all the fixes they provide!

I fail to see why I STILL see the same bugs and issues I've encountered all along.

Im a first timer to Arma...and BIS. After reading multiple posts about there being the same bugs in every other game released has made me realise three things:

1/ that the issues I report wont get fixed.

2/ There is no quality control with this company.

3/ Unless something changes within BIS (Restructure and/or Quality Control introduced) the company will eventually fail because they are rapidily losing customers.

Edited by ikkeii

Im a first timer to Arma...and BIS. After reading multiple posts about there being the same bugs in every other game released has made me realise two things:

1/ that the issues I report wont get fixed.

2/ There is no quality control with this company.

3/ Unless something changes within BIS (Restructure and/or Quality Control introduced) the company will eventually fail because they are rapidily losing customers.

Really? Are they loosing customers? Do you have numbers that back that statement? What is the number of Sales for ArmA to Arma2? I'm curious how many they've lost.:confused: