Sign in to follow this  
Ghillidude

Patch 1.03 next week?

tv game magazine just said arma2 performance patch will come next week and that they talked to the developers. can we get an confirmation on this forum please?

If that's the case, then mad props to BIS! You guys have been churning out patches like ketchup out of a glass bottle.

you realize it is bad for health to spreading rumours... ppl might die of hard attack... or holding their breath. as teal'c would say, "very unwise indeed"...

hope its true though :D

you realize it is bad for health to spreading rumours... ppl might die of hard attack... or holding their breath. as teal'c would say, "very unwise indeed"...

hope its true though :D

Good ole Teal'c.

I hope this is true... although I don't have the game yet so I guess it doesn't affect me too much.

I hope they address performance AND the Receiving.... Bug, can't play multiplayer at all.

I hope they address performance AND the Receiving.... Bug, can't play multiplayer at all.

YES PLEASE! I told my buds to hold off until this game is playable in multiplayer. I connect to 10% of available servers, then in those get kicked after a min or so.

Kicked? The only receiving bug I have is where it takes forever to log on to a server, I just quit and retry. Comes right up. Damn, I though that was the problem, I didn't know it was as bad as you said. Hope the upcoming (whenever it is) patch solves this!

I was looking at the multiplayer server list tonight and I had noticed a server running 1.3 version. I didn't think to much of it but with the original post maybe something is in the works to be released soon.

If that's the case, then mad props to BIS! You guys have been churning out patches like ketchup out of a glass bottle.

To make their game work?

If BIS pulls the same crap again waiting till the final patch 3 years later, to increase performance 100% then you can sure as hell say i will never buy another BIS game. I don't know about you or more but if any other quality game company has but out patches in a timely manner. I didn't buy this game so i can play it in 3 years. Aren't games made to be played in the now~ (how are they suppose to compete with console games if they continue down this road). I don't get there business sense, games get cheaper over time, and when the new directx 11 and new GPU's come out late next fall, the game will be probably 20-30 bucks retail. How are they making money by not releasing it optimized. I just hope it gets fixed asap.

To make their game work?

What's wrong with improving their game? The game worked fine when they released it. Perhaps it wasn't up to everyone's expectations but I don't think their publisher really gave them a choice.

Would you prefer them to not make patches? They do occasionally throw in extra units, weapons, vehicles, etc.

What's wrong with improving their game? The game worked fine when they released it. Perhaps it wasn't up to everyone's expectations but I don't think their publisher really gave them a choice.

Would you prefer them to not make patches? They do occasionally throw in extra units, weapons, vehicles, etc.

i am pretty sure he was saying it should be a liability, no props needed.

I still don't get it. You're (Flunkymonkey) saying it's a liability to make the game better? And to do it in a quite rapid manner? It's obvious it could use a few patches, very few games don't. The first took care of many issues. I'd rather see them as a GOOD thing. But to each their own.

Edited by Scrub

If BIS pulls the same crap again waiting till the final patch 3 years later, to increase performance 100% then you can sure as hell say i will never buy another BIS game. I don't know about you or more but if any other quality game company has but out patches in a timely manner. I didn't buy this game so i can play it in 3 years. Aren't games made to be played in the now~ (how are they suppose to compete with console games if they continue down this road). I don't get there business sense, games get cheaper over time, and when the new directx 11 and new GPU's come out late next fall, the game will be probably 20-30 bucks retail. How are they making money by not releasing it optimized. I just hope it gets fixed asap.

Works perfect for me! Whats your problem dude? Want to run on max settings on a P4?

Game of this scale and detail is always gonna need patches so i don't see whats the problem...

I heard that patch 1.04 is the one you really want, its meant to be the best patch out of them all. Saying that, my preference i the 1.05 patch as it looks a bit better and should be with us in the future whereas 1.04 may be nearer but the other one looks like a rounder figure.

I heard that patch 1.03 is planned for end of July...but maybe they decided to change the release date...hopefully.

Yeh.. thanks for 'fixing' what should have been fixed on release. Again.

Do they use monkeys as beta testers? Because there's no way some of these issues could have been missed. Or maybe they just tried to get it out the door before OPFP2 dominates.

1.03 will be released when ready. Do NOT believe any rumours to the contrary.