Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

Badlands: Script Bugs. Map Bugs. AI Bugs. (Videos, Pictures & Discriptions Inside)

loool. Yeah, you can come to mine and see for yourself as well, loool. Sorry but I found it really amusing. What systems are you guys playing the game on cos I sure want one of them, lol

You guys just lookin through the code or playing through the game also, to find bugs? Don't mean to insult the intelligence of anyone but only examining code won't reveal all programming logic flaws, right?

I'm on 'Dogs of War' mission now and can't progress any further. Conversation with commander stalls.

Edited by Albert

I can't even play this mission AT ALL... In the start, noone, absolutely noone, moves. The guys from the other team get into the UAZ, none of Razor Team moves an inch or follows any order I give them, and all the random other AI guys are just standing there, also doing absolutely, nothing, at all.

In other words, I suppose BIS expects me to capture 4 towns, filled with enemy units, all by myself. No way. I'm throwing this game back on the shelve until somebody comes out with a patch. Absolutely unplayable. I already had to skip manhattan because of bugfests, and I don't like skipping missions as it ruins the storyline IMO.

Bad job BIS, you have one unhappy customer :mad:

I too have the issue, i took the 1st town and got the nappa message to talk to those dudes. Did that, took the next town and did not get any message about a warlord or whatever the other guys got...

So I have taken all the downs and it flashed up green that i had conquered the area then it went away and conquer the area came back up as my current mission not finished.

kinda frustraiting considering I spend near on 8 hours playing that freakn level

I have problem with this mission. This is my steps:

1. I took Novy Sobor.

2. HQ car come from north and stoped on field near town, so I come there and build main base.

3. Little John tells me there are men who want to speak to me in the villiage. After this cutscene begin.

4. Cutscene: The wounded men near the fence that tell me about Lopatev.

After this I back to this field and I see three trucks circle around and no new task added to my mission. I waiting long time and nothing happen. I have ARMA2 with patch 1.02.58134. Somebody can help?

I have problem with this mission. This is my steps:

1. I took Novy Sobor.

2. HQ car come from north and stoped on field near town, so I come there and build main base.

3. Little John tells me there are men who want to speak to me in the villiage. After this cutscene begin.

4. Cutscene: The wounded men near the fence that tell me about Lopatev.

After this I back to this field and I see three trucks circle around and no new task added to my mission. I waiting long time and nothing happen. I have ARMA2 with patch 1.02.58134. Somebody can help?

Just Restart the Mission

I can't even play this mission AT ALL... In the start, noone, absolutely noone, moves. The guys from the other team get into the UAZ, none of Razor Team moves an inch or follows any order I give them, and all the random other AI guys are just standing there, also doing absolutely, nothing, at all.

In other words, I suppose BIS expects me to capture 4 towns, filled with enemy units, all by myself. No way. I'm throwing this game back on the shelve until somebody comes out with a patch. Absolutely unplayable. I already had to skip manhattan because of bugfests, and I don't like skipping missions as it ruins the storyline IMO.

Bad job BIS, you have one unhappy customer :mad:

this is the exact same problem I have. how the heck am i supposed to enjoy a game that literally doesn't work. I can't do anything in this mission because they all stand there. so, eventually I just shoot them all in the head for a quick 2 secs of entertainment.

I have also a bug in this Badlands mission.

Just when i have conquered the last city (novy sobor for me), i get a serie of cutscenes, i think after the 3rd cutscene me and my team+1 soldier and 1 civilian just stand there and do nothing, it's stuck in the cutscene, i can look around, zoom, and take out my map, but nothing else.

So i'm stuck on this mission.. i guess there is not that much more to do after you have done everything except found the last piece of evidence.. so i think i'll just do the endmission cheat.

Likewise, latest patch version and mission won't end after conquering all the towns and sidequests - radio chat of a reunion but no cutscene or end.

Likewise, latest patch version and mission won't end after conquering all the towns and sidequests - radio chat of a reunion but no cutscene or end.

I was going to try and finish this mission despite the glitches....but now I wont even bother.

Manhattan: encountered one bug after another until finally the "Mother of All Bugs" made the mission impossible to complete, so I had to skip the mission by cheating.

Bitter Chill: kept getting blasted by invisible rockets no matter which route I took when trying to complete my objective by driving south. Only after reading the forums did I find out I wasn't supposed to go there (even if it was the only remaining objective) but rather meet some NAPA guys up on Manhattan. How was I supposed to know this? When you are lost, you check your objectives. My objectives told me to go south, that's what I did.

Now I'm on Badlands and Razor team won't move.

I can't believe ArmA II was released in this state. The campaign is a beta version. I can accept an annoying bug or three, even a game-stopping bug. But this game is full of minor and major bugs and it makes the game's campaign unplayable.

Now I'm on Badlands and Razor team won't move.

Just install patch 1.02.58134. This is work for me. In 1.02 patch is that problem, but not on 1.02.58134.

this is the exact same problem I have. how the heck am i supposed to enjoy a game that literally doesn't work. I can't do anything in this mission because they all stand there. so, eventually I just shoot them all in the head for a quick 2 secs of entertainment.

For entertainment that lasts a lot longer, and is somewhat more satisfying, try this.

Hold left control key and hit space bar. This switches command modes from your specific team, to overall command, or 'High command' mode.

You can now command those AI squads to go where ever you like, and to a certain degree, control how they act and what they do when they get there.

IE their formation, speed, combat mode etc.

I could go into detail about how this works, but the best way by far to learn it is to do the high command training mission..

Not saying this will fix all the problems, but if you aren't giving those AI squads orders, they wont do anything BUT stand around waiting for you to give them something to do.

Yes I confirm.

Badlands uses "High command".

In fact at the beginning, even if Razor team does not move, you switch to high command and conquer the first town with your allied unit.

Then, after the cutscene, Razor Team start to respond/move correctly.

Razor team will respond correctly after clearing the first town - confirmed.

But there's another issues/issues with Badlands:

- Enemy units spawns in city after clearing it (Rogovo, Stary Sobor)

- one enemy DSzkm car killed almost all units while cutscene with priest talking to people started

- in Stary Sobor - after capturing town a lot of enemy armor spawned - BTR's with some infantry etc. It's impossible to beat them.

And what about killing Prizrak? What's the profit of this quest?

Well mine ending wash even stranger.

The mission wash pretty easy btw, the first town i only attacked with my razor team (btw i'm on NAPA side.). Then the hardest part came to conquere the town next to nova. I had trouble with the APC there but after i took a rpg for myself and 2 shots later the town wash mine.

Then it wash a walk in the park, i returned to my base bought 1 T72 and 1 BMP2 and then did the protect mission. Which wash way to easy i went to there place and waited for them to get over the hill and just blasted them with my T72 the were gone in 20sec. Then i went to the third town and wiped them out with no damage on my tank or BMP2 then went back again to kill the priest. Then took over the last town , and nothing happend. I got the conversation with the NAPA and CDA but then nothing. After i looked around a bit i saw the place were you need to be to talk to the CDA officer. But nothing happend no script at all.

Also when i took over the town it say town lost and then town gained again. So i used mission end. Then i entered the last map and wash gunned down after 1min by the napa guys there.

Razor team will respond correctly after clearing the first town - confirmed.

But there's another issues/issues with Badlands:

- Enemy units spawns in city after clearing it (Rogovo, Stary Sobor)

- one enemy DSzkm car killed almost all units while cutscene with priest talking to people started

- in Stary Sobor - after capturing town a lot of enemy armor spawned - BTR's with some infantry etc. It's impossible to beat them.

And what about killing Prizrak? What's the profit of this quest?

Sigh are you complaining? I only got 2 BMP2 lots of jeeps and a few ground troops as my enemy in the 4 city's!!!!!!!! and the defend mission.

So this is really FUBAR!

I'm just going to say this, Warfare mode and Campaign are not chocolate and peanut butter.... Saying that I don't believe the 2 should be mixed together ,atleast with a team of guys who can't be allowed to die.

If all my team was sent away on an OP ,and I ran the show for badlands it would make it easier....hiding them doesn't work the whole mission.

And the ability to defer leadership to AI in warfare should always be an option.

Here is how the logic goes, depending on what choices you make, as far

as I have determined.

The first break point is at Bitter Chill at the end, where you choose if you are going to try and reach NAPA or CDF. Aligning with NAPA will give you the version of BadLands in which you start out near Novy Sober (you get a MHQ once you take Novy Sober) and work you way from east to west. If you align with CDF, you will start out on the western side of the four objectives, you get your MHQ after taking Pogorevka. I have not totally played out the CDF version of BadLands, but a quick peek at the code shows that you are still given the choice of assassinating Prizak and the side mission of defending Vishanore.

The next breakpoint is the decision to kill or not kill Prizak while playing the BadLands mission. As mentioned above, this choice is presented no matter which version of BadLands you play. If you originally aligned with CDF, you will play the same version (C6) of Dogs of War no matter what you did to Prizak. If you originally aligned with NAPA and kill Prizak, you will also play C6. If however, you have aligned with NAPA and do not kill Prizak, you will play the C6B version of Dogs of war.

Now for the differences: C6 has your Hq on the west side of the map with a fair number of objectives already taken. C6B starts out with your HQ in the north central part of the map with fewer towns already under your control. Which is the "best" one to be in? Hard to say. With your HQ at the far west in C6, your supply lines will be real long, although since you can repair/rearm/heal once you take an objective, that isn't as much of an issue. Starting off in the middle of the map gives you shorter supply lines, but you'll be fighting on two fronts and you are not allies with CDF.

Now if I were coding this, I would have a C6, C6B and C6C. C6 would be aligned with CDF, Prizak alive. C6B would be aligned with NAPA, Prizak alive. and C6C would be NAPA and CDF are allies, because Prizak is dead. You could still start at the western HQ, but you would NOT be asked to take any "Green" objectives, as these were taken by NAPA your allies! This to me is a major logic flaw in the game as written, having to take towns supposedly in control of your ally.

Ok. I think that main issue of Badlands is a enemy respawn which activates too early after clearing first town. I'm playing on CDF side and after Pogorevka, units from Rogovo attacked my units in 15-30 seconds. I couldn't even build the base and buy units. Also I noticed that if you send CDF units to capture Pogorevka you won't see a cutscene with priest and due of blocked Razor team at start you can't order them to move :(

My solution:

- fix triggers

- delete all enemy units in town after capturing town or order them to surrender

- spawn enemy units only if you or your forces are 100-150 meters from city, then spawn next DsZKM/BTR (depending on city) cars every 1-2 minutes

It could be a nice and tactical scenario with good battles. Now, it's pain in the ass, unlogical, bugged mission.

Can it be that the NAPA side is bugged ? Because i don't get any respawns that attack me. And there are not that many enemy's in the towns.

CDF side is bugged... a lot. NAPA works fine, but it's harder to conquer towns :)

BTW. Badlands works fine under editor. Razor units moves from start, enemy still spawns but not too much (1 BTR, 2-3 DsKM's... I can beat it).

CDF side is bugged... a lot. NAPA works fine, but it's harder to conquer towns :)

BTW. Badlands works fine under editor. Razor units moves from start, enemy still spawns but not too much (1 BTR, 2-3 DsKM's... I can beat it).

Uhm if you say its harder for NAPA i don't wanna now how easy it is for CDF then... I don't get any spawns at all.

BTW under witch folder is the BADLAND file?

In normal conditions NAPA is harder, because boths Sobor towns are well guarded. Starting as CDF will make this mission easier. Pogorevka is piece of cake, but then spawning enemy gets me nervous.

For campaign go to Addons folder and unpack missions.pbo, then go to gampaign folder inside missions :)

In normal conditions NAPA is harder, because boths Sobor towns are well guarded. Starting as CDF will make this mission easier. Pogorevka is piece of cake, but then spawning enemy gets me nervous.

For campaign go to Addons folder and unpack missions.pbo, then go to gampaign folder inside missions :)

Thanks, now i can start some editing of my own here, maybe make it a bit harder :)

I wanted to bump and update my findings in this mission because I finally finished it.

I restarted the mission from the start. Here is my steps exactly.

Good comment and advice from Redfield, helped me to finish this mission. I ran it twice, first time ended either stucked after last cutscene with none moving possibility (as it is described here many times) or moving, but with unmarked task "Capture this region". It depended on savegame I have used for final battle. Second attempt ended (almost) fully succesfull, according to Redfield comment.

1. I took Novy Sobor as the third city in order, not the last one.

2. Two sidetasks finished.

3. Unfortunately again with unmarked task "Capture...", but mission ended automatically anyway, just this task was not recognised as completed.

4. I could move after final cutscene.

You can end this mission also by killing one NAPA villager, those ones with whom you were talking in Novy Sobor at the end. You will go to jail in US most probably, but mission ends :D. It happened to me by accident once :(.

I am having roughly the same problems.

Razor team would not respond at the opening of the mission, or at all, until I captured the first town alone. A cutscene plays after which i can order razor to my position (they are now responding) and move on. The next town falls easily under our control and I move to point Oranges for the mobile HQ, I am approach by the men in the white car asking for protection and decline. I set up base near the crest of the hill just north of point oranges, buy some units and begin recon on Stary Sobor. After 4 or 5 hit and run attacks, using smoke to retreat and re-arming at base I weaken the hostile presence in Stary enough to move in. I have a brief conversation on the Com with A "Don" something, and his forces become under my command. I used them to lead the charge on Stary and Novy Sobor clearing them easily. "Objective Complete" message displays but objective remains on task list. "Don" and I have a conversation about assassinating someone but I decline. I have a brief conversation with some villagers sitting on a fence (flickering like holograms) after which nothing else occurs.

I have spent 3 hours just traveling to the other towns on the map, and into other factions zones but cannot find any enemies. Other faction NPCs do not trigger any dialog, no new objectives are given. "Find Evidence" 1/2 and "Conquer all Control Points" objective still remain. I have read all notes, tasks, briefing, dialog journal, etc. but cannot find any indication of what is left to be done. (I have spent at least another 2 hours reading forums looking for a legit solution or walkthrough that doesn't tell me to use a console command to "end mission" or do some secret magic raindance of the control points. I've had no luck)

2 questions:

1. Has ANYONE ever completed this mission? Anyone at all? Even at least 1 tester at BIS must have made it through the campaign right? I haven't seen any posted solutions to finish this mission from anyone.

2. If "NO" is the answer to 1- Why are BIS(and Got Game Productions) taking people's money for a game that is not ready to be on the market yet since it doesn't work? If there is not a law against that there should be. A game that has a few bugs on release is normal but a game that's unplayable on release is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE.

It would be one thing if the game box read "The Ultimate Military Simulation....Oh, BTW it's not finished yet" or "The Ultimate Beta-Testing Simulation" or "Help us test our non-working game, now with 58% percent more bugs!! ONLY $50!!" so that the buyer knows that they are buying unfinished software, but the sad truth is IT DID NOT. There was nothing on the box to indicate that I would be paying for the experience of beta testing, but that's what it feels like. Most people get paid or rewarded for testing games, not charged!!

The bottom line: games should be tested and 100% functional BEFORE hitting the market. Otherwise, I'd think the profits lost from word spreading through the gaming community that "company X makes buggy, or downright unplayable games" would far exceed the profits gained from releasing an unfinished product in the (especially a video-game) in the middle of the year.

Oh Well, maybe there's still hope for Operation Flashpoint 2. Codemasters makes games that WORK, right out of the box too!! Can you believe it? It's almost as if they have someone who they pay just to play through the game and TEST IT before they release it. Hmmmm....

Edited by Hoodoo