Sign in to follow this  
Maxx2206

Make the chat slightly more configurable

Hi,

among the things i always disliked about OFP and ArmA was that certain GUI elements werent configurable easily and/or lacked any form of convenience.

one of these things being the ingame text chat. both, the chat buffer (position, scrolling, size, maybe "fade" timer) and the text input field (position, some more edit functions like a real working cursor) really could need some loving.

i hope you devs might consider spending a little time on the text chat as soon as the main bug fixing and feature adding is cooling down.

btw. right now its already quite annoying that the chat buffer is drawed over the input field, which makes half of your current input barely visible until you hit enter - just to realize it was the wrong chat channel and you have to start over since theres barely any decent convenient features supporting easy chatting.

exactly, you are right bout chat, I noticed that too. many times I made a writing mistake, and couldn't see what I was writing.

There are more GUI issues, such as when you click on a line like in server list (or unit selection in CTI), sometimes the upper line gets selected. wtf?? at least dozen of times I entered wrong server because of this.

also, many things are hard to use, such as "high command", its very hard to select units on map, and when you select a unit, you cant zoom out with scrolling because you now control radio with scroll, and then you want to move map using pan, by holding right mouse button, but you actually deselect a unit with it!! and then try everything again aaaaaaaarhhhg! its really annoying!

I think its stupid that radio is now controlled with scroll, it was always the good number system, and if you are new, you could see numbers, and now if you want to use action menu in the same time in emergency situation you get confused also "new" radio system is bad, I got really used to old one, although you can use the old one, movement is now redirected to "space" command, I didn't yet figure out everything....

as I said its hard to click on lines in CTI, and there is no grouping and categorisation in "buy units", they could make for example picture button for every unit would be much easier. original CTI in OFP was waaaaaaay better.