Sign in to follow this  
foxer

Anyone else seen the thing on cbs tonight about...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nordin dk @ Mar. 11 2002,14:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tell me something positive, and you can begin to prevent more US-bashing.

You never argue, you just pound your chest. That doesn't make it better.<span id='postcolor'>

really? well I'm not one for arguments, discussions are fine...but arguments, no. It's odd how I'm punding my chest..but they are arguing? wtf? Like I said lets drop this BS, and stay to the original topic. I could write a book about Positive things that Americans do, but I really dont feel the need to gain your acceptance for my country, so tounge.gif

Well you don't need to, nobody does. But you react so strongly, as if we're accusing you as a person, of killing and polluting...

And by argue, I don't mean yelling and such, I mean argumenting. As in putting some weight behind your words.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nordin dk @ Mar. 11 2002,14:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well you don't need to, nobody does. But you react so strongly, as if we're accusing you as a person, of killing and polluting...<span id='postcolor'>

No, I for one am just sick and tired of the bullshit that you all continue to feed out on this forum, it's almost as if you guys enjoying bashing the U.S. I mean have you ever noticed that whenever the U.S. does something wrong..well not neccesarily wrong..but in your OPINION wrong, within the hour someone on these forums has started a topic about it, and why the U.S. is wrong for whatever it is they have done? Notice that whenever another country does something wrong, it's hardly ever brought up or even talked about. Like when the Russians whined their asses off at the Olympics..you all said nothing..all you all wanted to say was that the Americans cheated because it was in America. Don't you ever stop and think that what you all continue to do is belittle your own country, I mean all it seems you all worry about it what the U.S. is doing, and it's almost as if you WANT bad things to happen...just so you can riddicule us, I for one am sick and fucking tired of it....so I'm not beating my chest i'm simply refuting the stupid comments that the majority of you seem to conjure up in that great brain of yours.

And this is why I think you should tell us something positive about your country, perhaps you can turn this forum condition that you so abhore around, by having a positive attitude.

I'm not trying to patronise you, I mean this seriously.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nordin dk @ Mar. 11 2002,20:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well you don't need to, nobody does. But you react so strongly, as if we're accusing you as a person, of killing and polluting...

And by argue, I don't mean yelling and such, I mean argumenting. As in putting some weight behind your words.<span id='postcolor'>

When you say America is killing the enviroment, or American "society" is destroying the world you ARE attack us personally for are we not members of that society in which you attack???

Thats the problem....you people NEVER make distinctions or specify...its always "America" or "American society", never Exxon, or Ford or whatever. Your sweeping generalizations are the cause of the flame wars, not our over-defensiveness (ok sometimes it is). These sweeping generalizations are in direct contridcition to what people claim to be...enlightened "internationalists". If you are so enlightened you'd never make such comments or statements based on one or two Americans, or companies. Its like me saying all Germans are Jew hating Nazis.

Until those distinctions can be seen the Flame Wars will continue.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nordin dk @ Mar. 11 2002,14:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And this is why I think you should tell us something positive about your country, perhaps you can turn this forum condition that you so abhore around, by having a positive attitude.

I'm not trying to patronise you, I mean this seriously.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm done "argumenting" with you jackass. And please dont feed me the BS of, "Oh you cant think of anything positive to say about the U.S.?" I just don't feel the need to compile a list of "My countries greatest good deeds"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ Mar. 11 2002,14:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nordin dk @ Mar. 11 2002,20:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well you don't need to, nobody does. But you react so strongly, as if we're accusing you as a person, of killing and polluting...

And by argue, I don't mean yelling and such, I mean argumenting. As in putting some weight behind your words.<span id='postcolor'>

When you say America is killing the enviroment, or American "society" is destroying the world you ARE attack us personally for are we not members of that society in which you attack???

Thats the problem....you people NEVER make distinctions or specify...its always "America" or "American society", never Exxon, or Ford or whatever. Your sweeping generalizations are the cause of the flame wars, not our over-defensiveness (ok sometimes it is). These sweeping generalizations are in direct contridcition to what people claim to be...enlightened "internationalists". If you are so enlightened you'd never make such comments or statements based on one or two Americans, or companies. Its like me saying all Germans are Jew hating Nazis.

Until those distinctions can be seen the Flame Wars will continue.<span id='postcolor'>

OMFG YOU HIT THE NAIL RIGHT ON THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Murda Inc @ Mar. 11 2002,20:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nordin dk @ Mar. 11 2002,14:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And this is why I think you should tell us something positive about your country, perhaps you can turn this forum condition that you so abhore around, by having a positive attitude.

I'm not trying to patronise you, I mean this seriously.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm done "argumenting" with you jackass. And please dont feed me the BS of, "Oh you cant think of anything positive to say about the U.S.?" I just don't feel the need to compile a list of "My countries greatest good deeds"<span id='postcolor'>

I was actually trying to be serious, I even said so, specifically to prevent a reaction such as the one you gave.

I repeat, I am not patronising you.

I am not challenging whether or not you are able of saying something positive about America. You still haven't, and this is not doing you any good.

Why are you being so aggressive?

If you choose again to resort to namecalling, instead of actually doing anything constructive about what you concieve as a problem, then you prove a lot of people right when they assume you are stupid.

Please, prove them wrong.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ Mar. 11 2002,20:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nordin dk @ Mar. 11 2002,20:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well you don't need to, nobody does. But you react so strongly, as if we're accusing you as a person, of killing and polluting...

Until those distinctions can be seen the Flame Wars will continue.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, I agree when we attack the actions of the US governments, there's an inherant accusation of you as inhabitants.

But instead of saying whether or not you agree with these actions of the official US, you resort to namecalling and

chestpounding, as I was trying to say before.

I guess I weren't clear enough about this...

I am not an American.

Here's my take on this whole discussion...

Americans seem to be a little thin skinned. In general, the average American sees criticism of the USA as a personal attack. And this is rather silly.

I have a lot of American friends. And for the most part they are generous and wonderful people.

Sadly, the US government is not so wonderful at times. There is a long history of American (government) self interest being used as justification for propping up some truly evil people. Remember, Osama got his start with the CIA, and the US supplied arms to Saddam Hussein.

Sadly, the 'average' American is at heart an isolationist. I think this is why the average joe was so baffled with the inhumanity of the 9/11 attacks. While there is no justification for terrorism in the least, there ARE reasons the US was a target. And very little of it is to do with jealousy.

Wow, what a rant for my irst post on these boards. I just picked up OF and it's a wonderful game.

Its really not so much attacks on the US government (though it can be if you support the actions of the government) that can be so "flame provocative," but rather the attacks on American society. Not everyone is a part, or believes in the American government, but ALL of us are apart of the society, and when you attack that you DO attack us, whoever we are.

Believe it or not Americans don't like nor do they agree with everything our government does. But sometimes, like now, they do something that EVERYONE agrees with, and all your name calling and claims of being "brainwashed" won't change the fact.

And Americans, in general, are not thin skinned. Just right NOW we are thin skinned and "itchy".

But you are correct about being isolationists. I think it comes from being so "away" from the rest of the world.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ChickenHawk @ Mar. 12 2002,01:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">arnold_getout.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

there was a question a time ago on weather or not if arny would like to be president, im sure that even though that he wasnt a native born, that some how he would make into office if he wanted to

hehe, arnold for Prez... oh great.. LOL.. he would be an intimidating bastard to deal with.. to bad he never could lose that austrian accent.. would be kinda wierd that the US prez has a thick Russianish accent..

i think he'd be pretty good at it, they already have jessie the "bod" ventura in office in the 3rd largest state in the U.S.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Mar. 11 2002,23:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hehe, arnold for Prez... oh great.. LOL.. he would be an intimidating bastard to deal with..  to bad he never could lose that austrian accent.. would be kinda wierd that the US prez has a thick Russianish accent..<span id='postcolor'>

He's Austrian, not Russian biggrin.gif Have any of you ever noticed how he always has the same lines in his movies? Like "Give me your hand" and "Ahhhhhhhhhhhh" or the best one "If you want to live you'll come with me" theres a few others that i cant remember.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">there was a question a time ago on weather or not if arny would like to be president, im sure that even though that he wasnt a native born, that some how he would make into office if he wanted to<span id='postcolor'>

Have you seen the movie: 'Demolition Man'? LOL, in the future, Arn was prez, at least thats what Sandra Bullock said in the movie. There was a library named after him and everything. smile.gif

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ Mar. 11 2002,16:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

"Oh spare me your self righteous indignation. Letting down partners in the ISS? I bet when Russia announced it couldn't deliver its part and the US had to financially help them produce it you didn't say jack shit about it did you."

Nope. I was quite pissed at the fact that the russians couldn't deliver. Luckily they did in the end. And now U.S. isn't delivering the habitation module and as far as I know the lifeboat, so limiting the size of the crew on the station. In the same time, U.S. is pouring money into weapons. With only a miniscule fraction of this dough, you could easily double the funding of NASA.

"I'm a strong a supporter of the ISS and space exploration as there ever was, but the X33 hate to tell you was soaking up money at an alarming rate, and wasn't even CLOSE to being complete or what was promised (much like the shuttle)."

The shuttle is an obsolete piece of junk. X33 was a completely revolutionary single stage to orbit piece of finesse. When developing that kind of revolutionary technology, setbacks are to be expected. No point in cutting funding when you're already halfway there. But that's just my opinion.

"But you wouldn't care about that because you ain't gotta pay for the damn thing."

Way more of your taxes goes to your huge army. X33 was just a miniscule project compared to that black hole.

"And I'm sick of listening to all this crap about pollution."

I'm sure the whole issue will just disappear if you grow tired of it. I guess it is not 'chic' anymore.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ Mar. 11 2002,16:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You're a fucking jack ass.<span id='postcolor'>

Any sarcasm obviously escapes you. Whatever.

well we all know now, that george W bush plans on starting a war with iraq.

well i think we should do what america did 50 odd years ago.

leave europe out of america's stupid war, we brits and the rest of europe shouold stay out of any action america takes on iraq.

if iraq unleases aload of nukes on america and somehow wipes it out then maybe we should join but not before that, and not before i finished my breakfast.

George is to dumb to be president, and those who are loyale to him are just PLAIN STUPID (also applies to the brits WHY THE F**K DO WE STILL HAVE A MONACHY)

finally, my plea to iraq. PLEASE SADDAM PLEASE, CAN YOU WIPE OUT BRITAINS MONACHY.

Yep, when iraq send's a few chemical weapon's over too europe to deal with any forces that might choose to deal with iraq after what they did to america, you might think differently.