Sign in to follow this  
foxer

Anyone else seen the thing on cbs tonight about...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Mar. 11 2002,07:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"I say more power to you, but the time will come when you will be in the same situation, and we will then see how you're great people who let WWII continue on for so long deal with it."

Yes, surely our fathers and grandfathrs 'let' the war go on. Probably because it was so fun.

Would have been interesting to see how America had done ALONE against Nazi Germany...<span id='postcolor'>

Was it really OUR war to fight anyways?confused.gif?

"First of all Alaska is our land not yours"

Oh yes! So now you are telling me that you

have a right to ruin nature, just because it is

"your" land... That is BS!

"..you say we bomb afghan for its oil, yet you dont want us to become independent and get our own oil"

You can get your oil by paying for it, just like everyone else

does.

I use public transportation myself, but I think that baby seals

are not killed for it, nor are little kids starved to death by trying to get oil for buses here..

"thats whay we HAVE to drill in Alaska"

No you don't! You can walk.

You should not take things too seriously my dear American friend.

And of course the amount of pollution makes difference. Your gunshot wound analogy didn't really fit in to this conversation. This would be better: It's more hazardous to smoke three cigarettes a day than just one. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ Mar. 11 2002,07:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You should not take things too seriously my dear American friend.

And of course the amount of pollution makes difference. Your gunshot wound analogy didn't really fit in to this conversation. This would be better: It's more hazardous to smoke three cigarettes a day than just one.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

But, none the less it's harmful is it not!?!?! Are you not slowly killing yourself? does it really matter at what spee dyou do it, the end will be the same....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Mar. 11 2002,07:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes, it was. For many reasons.<span id='postcolor'>

care to elaborate? or is that all you have to say?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Murda Inc @ Mar. 11 2002,14:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">does it really matter at what speed you do it<span id='postcolor'>

Yes it does.

"This would be better: It's more hazardous to smoke three cigarettes a day than just one. "

Or, if you hit a man with a car, he is less likely to survive if you

drive over him again and again and again...

"care to elaborate? or is that all you have to say?"

Well, I thought everyone knew the reasons to fight Nazism. But since you missed it somehow I will gladly tell you.

1. Its an oppressive system. One might even call it evil by our standards.

2. It was a threat to the world, not just to Europe.

3. There was a selfish reason aswell, if the US had not gotten envolved when they did they might have to face the Nazi's alone. A conflict they very well could have lost.

4. There is the jewish issue. The jewish people had and still have a strong influence in America.

5. Economics. If Europe became one hostile area, who would America trade with?

6. Allies. America had allies to think about.

Need more?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Murda Inc @ Mar. 11 2002,13:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

"Does it really matter?confused.gif?confused.gif "Well sir I only shot him once, instead of 30 times" The guy should not be sent to jail cuz he only shot the guy once! Hooray for your great thought!"

According to your reasoning, the crime of 3000 dead in WTC is equal to the crime of 110 dead in Afganistan. I couldn't agree with you more! biggrin.gif

"It doesnt matter you are still polluting the earth my firend, commencing your own demise, which you said would be our fault! this is that horse you ride so high on that I speak of, your country can do no wrong see. "

There is an international community, which tries to initiate reduction of pollution. Reduction doesn't mean stop of pollution, but it is a start. Yet U.S., the super hero of freedomness and responsibility, chose to ignore these reduction initiatives, because of money, moolah, dinero. I'm sorry, but in this one thing we ARE better than you.

"On top of that....Finland is such an economical powerhouse and all..."

Finland is ranked #1 at the moment in the industry competitive prowess index list. We surpassed U.S. about half a year ago (or was it more?). This can be interpreted to mean that Finland IS an economic powerhouse, if you care about such things.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Murda Inc @ Mar. 11 2002,13:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

"Oligo, you had better remove that evil piece of industrial space material from your avatar, being U.S. made an all, it's pure evil and is going to bring the earth to its knees, because it came from America of course."

The piece of industrial space material pictured in my avatar is the X-33 prototype, a true masterpiece of technology, which got cancelled and physically cut up by the budget slashes imposed by your all-wise president Dubya. I use it as my avatar, because it reminds me of how U.S. is letting down it's international partners in the I.S.S. program by failing to deliver what it has agreed upon.

"Why? thats my only question..why is it only our fault...why arent you doing your part to reduce world pollution!?!?!?"

We ARE doing our part in reducing world pollution. It's YOU who are not doing yours. As long as WE are doing more than YOU, I reserve the right to bitch about it, however petty.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Mar. 11 2002,15:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Murda Inc @ Mar. 11 2002,13:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

"Oligo, you had better remove that evil piece of industrial space material from your avatar, being U.S. made an all, it's pure evil and is going to bring the earth to its knees, because it came from America of course."

The piece of industrial space material pictured in my avatar is the X-33 prototype, a true masterpiece of technology, which got cancelled and physically cut up by the budget slashes imposed by your all-wise president Dubya. I use it as my avatar, because it reminds me of how U.S. is letting down it's international partners in the I.S.S. program by failing to deliver what it has agreed upon.

<span id='postcolor'>

I was slightly sad and pissed off the first time I heard that it was cancelled.  sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Mar. 11 2002,14:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Murda Inc @ Mar. 11 2002,13:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

The piece of industrial space material pictured in my avatar is the X-33 prototype, a true masterpiece of technology, which got cancelled and physically cut up by the budget slashes imposed by your all-wise president Dubya. I use it as my avatar, because it reminds me of how U.S. is letting down it's international partners in the I.S.S. program by failing to deliver what it has agreed upon.<span id='postcolor'>

Oh spare me your self righteous indignation. Letting down partners in the ISS? I bet when Russia announced it couldn't deliver its part and the US had to financially help them produce it you didn't say jack shit about it did you.

I'm a strong a supporter of the ISS and space exploration as there ever was, but the X33 hate to tell you was soaking up money at an alarming rate, and wasn't even CLOSE to being complete or what was promised (much like the shuttle). I went to NASA and saw the test bed, torn apart because of ANOTHER failure. Your precious X33 had unfortunately turned into nothing more than a cash cow for aerospace industry. But you wouldn't care about that because you ain't gotta pay for the damn thing. Almost all of the programs originally slashed have returned, and merely forced NASA to again go back to the "cheaper and better" strategy that the successful Mars Lander and Galielo (think that one), were a part of. Even the supposedly canceled Pluto mission is back. The supposedly cut "lifeboat" which is basically a smaller version of the X33 and far more succesful is also restored. So spare me your thinly disguised anti-Bush/US rhetoric the whole thing is getting really tiring. mad.gif

And I'm sick of listening to all this crap about pollution. I bet none of you realize that while the federal government may reject or accept a pollution agreement....every state has its own pollution laws...including Texas which just passed a revised law putting more penalties on polluters and forceing them to cut back on emissions by a certain date.

And let us not foget the industrial age started in Europe.

Came on this thread to talk about 9/11...not your ignorant misconceptions of the US space program and government.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Mar. 11 2002,11:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Mar. 11 2002,10:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I also saw a picture of a man and a woman jumping out while holding hands, my heart sinks whenever I think about it. I ask myself: what were they thinking at that moment?...<span id='postcolor'>

They were probably thinking: "The difference between suicide and martyrdom is press coverage. And we got aplenty of that."<span id='postcolor'>

You're a fucking jack ass.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ Mar. 11 2002,13:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You should not take things too seriously my dear American friend.

And of course the amount of pollution makes difference. Your gunshot wound analogy didn't really fit in to this conversation. This would be better: It's more hazardous to smoke three cigarettes a day than just one.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Why I smoke half a pack...hehehe

And damn you and your avatar...now you have me hooked on Red Meat....go there everyday sad.gif

I have a problem....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ Mar. 11 2002,17:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...now you have me hooked on Red Meat....go there everyday sad.gif

I have a problem....<span id='postcolor'>

Welcome to the club. sad.giftounge.gif

Don't diss the yanks pls I like em.

But ya sure as hell didnt save our azz in ww2, in fact it could be the other way round.

If all of western europe fell under the nazis then Hitler could commit more troops from the western front to the eastern front and eventually win the war against Russia as they were close to breaking point with just the forces from the eastern front.

This would mean that they also win the war in North Africa and Japan takes Australia etc India etc.

So the US is left with Japan in the West and Hitler in the East.

They have no way of getting to Hitler kus theres no landing point to get to europe kus brit has fallen.

The only way would be through Siberia and if they did that then they would face the japs and the germans if they ever got that far into Russia.

So HA, just thank yer lucky stars that the spitfire whooped the luftwaffes azz and brit didnt fall.

If it wasnt for us you would be speaking German instead of english now biggrin.gif

2dtv_lab.jpg

Alright alright!

Though I have never said it, I don't think the US won WW2 by itself (though we did take care of the Japanese pretty much on our own). I don't think ANYONE (allies wise) would have won had the rather misfit alliance of the Allies not taken place. No one country would have won by itself.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ Mar. 11 2002,05:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That was some weird stuff.They had a french camera guy there in the tower.You could hear people hit the ground,which was sick.I kept hearing a thump,thump,thump minute here and there you kept hearing a thump.Then it said what those thumps were.That just sad stuff man.Also another sad part was when the guy(firefighter) said he was on another building looking down all he seen was body parts.Which brings me back to that damn day.I ask myself Why,could their life be that bad they have killed themself plus other people like that.It can't be that bad.That's what I ask myself on 9/11 though.Then i thought about getting drafted to fight a war.Also i felt soo bad for the people in the towers,then like a month ago i heard they found some bodies in this space deep down in the WTC,those people suffered to death,heck some of those people didn't know what the hell happen.

Blah i guess i just had to vent here. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

*attempts to get back on topic*

The sound of the bodies hitting was seriously messed up. How could you possibly ever forget something like that?

The sound it made when it collapsed was unbelievable. It was incrediable just on the TV through a little video camera mic, imagine what it must have been like IN the tower. And the amount of dust was amazing. In about 2-3 seconds the lobby was FILLED with it....everything was covered.

I don't know how the camera man did it. Survived BOTH collapses....covered with that dust and debris TWICE....and he wasn't even the "regular" camera man.....his brother was...

I think we should all look at Avon's nice picture of native americans roasting marshmellows (I take it that's what it is Avon?)

MurdaInc, if you want to insist on defending the blatantly destructive aspects of American society, be prepared to take the heat.

Why not give us something positive in the present, instead of going on and on about how you saved our ass in WWII.

I will tell you something positive about the American society: they have great orchestras.

There, I did it smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nordin dk @ Mar. 11 2002,13:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think we should all look at Avon's nice picture of native americans roasting marshmellows (I take it that's what it is Avon?)

MurdaInc, if you want to insist on defending the blatantly destructive aspects of American society, be prepared to take the heat.

Why not give us something positive in the present, instead of going on and on about how you saved our ass in WWII.

I will tell you something positive about the American society: they have great orchestras.

There, I did it smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

American Society and American government are two different things. Our society isn't destroying the earth anymore than the rest of the world, and I'm tired of arguing about this BS..lets just let it stay at the original topic and not let a good one go to waste for once.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nordin dk @ Mar. 11 2002,20:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think we should all look at Avon's nice picture of native americans roasting marshmellows (I take it that's what it is Avon?)<span id='postcolor'>

Well, as far as marshmallows go, yes. Native Americans? Dunno. I just chose what I thought was an appropriate pic to display during the flaming. smile.gif

Tell me something positive, and you can begin to prevent more US-bashing.

You never argue, you just pound your chest. That doesn't make it better.