Sign in to follow this  
codenamepenryn

Find and Capture Lopotev Help (spoiler warning)

The mission hints that is will be hiding at Electrozadvosk. I go to the town, but I can't find him. In the scroll wheel action menu, non of the civilians will speak to me. Does anyone know where I can find him?

Thanks!

I think Olegich (sp?) hinted Lopotev might be hiding at the power plant in Electrozadvosk, try checking there ;-).

I went to the power plant in Electrozadvosk, but I searched both buildings, but I couldn't find anything. I also found the golden AK.

i found the other guy

He was driving a freakin' bus !

I LOLlled ! :)

The mission hints that is will be hiding at Electrozadvosk. I go to the town, but I can't find him. In the scroll wheel action menu, non of the civilians will speak to me. Does anyone know where I can find him?

Thanks!

You can't find lopo but bardak spawns at a number of randoms places, The castle, the quarry, the power station, northern camp or driving on a number of different roads

Sometimes going back to the same place twice helps.

I somehow captured Bardak from a goddamn helicopter. I just got a black screen (after HQ told me I had 20 minutes) saying that one escaped but we personally captured the other one. wtf?

I ran through all of the clues I could but never could find the guy you're supposed to find doing that. Eventually what worked for me was:

At around 12:15pm or so you will get a message saying that Lopotev was seen heading north from a particular town in a red hatchback. The message also indicates he is heading towards two particular towns. I looked at the map and and found an intersection of roads that he was most likely to show up on given his destination. I set my team up as a checkpoint there and waited. Within a few minutes, sure enough a red hatchback came driving down the road.

I fired on the vehicle towards the passenger side to avoid shooting the driver, and he got out and tried to run. If you get close enough he will surrender. The guy I captured was actually the second in command, I do not believe you can actually capture Lopotev.

Hope that helps.

I have played this mission twice now and both times he was driving through the woods stuck hitting trees in a white hatchback.

I have played this mission twice now and both times he was driving through the woods stuck hitting trees in a white hatchback.

Which of the roads did he take?

where is the warcrime evidence?

btw, wut do secondary objective do for u in the long run?

where is the warcrime evidence?

One is in the castle South of Vyshnoye and another one is in the Northern insurgent camp, which you'll get to know about from one of the intel officers. You will also get another one for capturing Bardak. That's 3 out of 4, but I don't know where the last one is. I'd also like some advice on that.

I've been looking for this Olegich guy in Staroye but all I found is some baddies and a few civilians and armed farmers who say nothing. Where's he at?

You can see Olegich when you enter the village from the south up the hill across the road near his house. He will call for you when you are close enough.

Which are the two towns that Lapotev is supposed to be driving towards in his red hatchback? I've really disliked this mission to be honest. My helicopter is stuck above Staroye just hovering, won't come and help me... sad times

You can see Olegich when you enter the village from the south up the hill across the road near his house. He will call for you when you are close enough.

thanks! guess he was that dead farmer lying on the road haha :p

how do i end this mission? found bardak and 3/4 of evidence + visited all the sites i think were mentioned

Edited by cullBo

I just can't capture lopo. i've found him on the island, wasted the guards, but then he run away, swam across the sea to the mainland, follow him running until he reach the airport, then he just stand there like a fool......i'm waiting on my BMP-2 hoping that he'll surrender ang get aboard the BMP.......but he just stand there and do nothing.

.........SHOT HIM IN THE HEAD WITH MY BMP-2 CANNON AND TURN OFF MY PC!!!!!!......damn bug!

I tried 4 different times to try and set up the roadblock to capture Bardak. I tried the 2 dirt roads heading south from the town, the paved road to the east, also heading south and in the middle of town but the vehicle never came :mad:. I got tired and moved on without capturing him. I'll retry the mission again some other time.

The last piece of evidence is a set of dog tags that can be found on one of the Chedaki soldiers you kill at the quarry (it's along the eastern coast and not clearly marked).

Someone stated in a previous thread that after opening the "Razor 2" mission in the editor, it turns out Lopotev isn't actually in it and the guy you capture is actually Bardak.

Hello all, first post here.

Like a lot of posters here, I had troubles with that mission. I play in Vet' and had only one save slot (this thing sure is aggravating) and had to restart this mission numerous time, mainly because of that idiot Maddox who would crash his helo when landing, or some of my men thinking it's appropriate to run through the tail rotor to board...

Anyway, I always stuck to the "go to Staroye find Oligitch who sends you to the power plant" routine, with the hope of exploring further the coastal city and the quarries mentionned after (the latter are, if you noted, heavily mentionned in the profiles or conversations you have at the main base). Which I never really did because of stupid deaths...

So here I am doing it for the thousandth time, leaving Staroye on to the power plant and to my surprise, I see a brand new, flashy red, conspicuous VW golf AND a bus parked INSIDE the power plant. The rest doesn't change, doorman does not help, nothing is in here. Very very puzzled, I send three men in helo to the coastal city while I keep Sykes up in the tower just in case, to check around. Then I see this weird blue car with a red hood stopping in the distance, as it has seen my sniper it seems. By the time I coordinate the guys in the helo, I get a game over message because my sniper died in a unidentifed fashion...

More troubled than ever, I try doing the same scheme (thank God my save point was here), but putting only two guys in helo and leaving two man ambusing the road, one hidden in the hill and the other around a curve. Bingo, the same car arrives. I stop it by shooting the tires and here is my man Bardak running the country to flee. After numerous failed attemps at reasoning and arresting him, I had to shoot him which ended my mission. Less glorious than arresting him for a deserved trial but much more satisfying than letting the scum run away.

My theory is the following: I have seen a poster mentionning he stopped Bardak in a bus. In my game, there was both the well-known VW red Golf AND the bus parked in the power plant. It seems that Bardak eventually arrives there in his crap car and switches vehicle to go somewhere else, maybe the quarry of the coastal city afterwards (it was about 11:30 AM).

I don't know if that can work without doing the Oligitch part and how many more spawn points/behavior options there are for this guy (maybe there are games in which he spawns and stays only in the quarry?). But if you do the part in Staroye quick enough and end up seeing out-of-place vehicules in the power plant when you arrive, keep a discrete watch on the road because chances are the big fish will gently jump into your net...

Hope that helped...I'm off to the Manhattan mission too. It looks...wide...and so very open...we'll see!

Edited by Snake Doctor

Hello,

I hate looking at spoilers but after me and a friend have played this mission for over 10 hours we just had to look for help.

Ok... we have done this mission many times because of bugs and because it does not let us continue. We have successfuly capture the Borak guy and the mission says that we did well... and seems to be a successful ending.

However when the screen goes back to the lobby, we can only choose to play this mission again. We cannot continue onto the next mission :(

We have managed to find most of the evidance, the only evidance we did not know about before reading here was 1) quarry....

Does the mission require you to find ALL the evidance before catching Borak and finishing the mission?

How does the 20 minute scripted escape start? Is it timed or trigger?

We have now finished it about 4 or 5 times (both captured and killed him) and it does not let us choose the next mission to play.

I wonder if this had to do with the coop mode?

Anyone here played this in coop?

Thanks,

Yapa

I think it does have to do with coop mode, the 20minute thing works a trigger activating when bardak reaches staroye, he takes 20minutes to get to gorka, if you've ever tried to drive the hatchback offroad you'll see why ;)

when he gets north of Gorka the mission ends (it also ends of you capture him) and some things later in the campaign are affected by what you managed o complete in the mission.

If you want to unlock all campaign missions to play in coop you can do this:

During singleplayer, hold Left Shift and press Numpad Minus (-) then release and enter the following code.

CAMPAIGN

To unlock all campaign missions

Edited by SASrecon

Thanks for that, my friend after reading your post decided to do the mission in SP and indeed it completed and moved onto the next mission.

We dont want to use the spoiler/cheat to unlock all the missions because that would affect the end game?

You say some things later are affected by what we managed to complete in the mission, and if we use that command it would I guess invalidate our real result!

Yapa