Sign in to follow this  
Stimpak_Addict

Why don't explosions always explode?

Is this a game feature or a bug? Either way, it's extremely unrealistic. If I shoot or throw an explosive, and am within about 5 meters of where it hits/lands, it refuses to explode. Was this done on purpose? I don't like it one bit.

What are you firing? Some things like RPGs only arm after they've travelled a certain distance. This is true to life.

yeah i think its a safety feature of explosives 'game feature not bug'

if a grenade launcher hits something in the first few seconds of it being fired, it won't detonate to provide safety to the soldier who shot it.arma2tubebug1.jpg

heres a pic i took when my nade hit the tree (nade is deactivated in mid air at the top of my crosshairs)

This didn't explode because it hit the tree immediately when it came out of the grenade launcher but if it had i would have died :p

(sorry for low quality, the grenade texture is also a bit blurred)

Edited by SASrecon

I too noticed that (M203 launcher mainly) and I really appreciate it, since I sure fragged myself in A1 a few times when not switching weapons.

With grenade lauchners it is realistic. They won't go off unless they cover a certain distance and this is how it is in real life also.

With handheld grenades, theys hould blow up no matter what. Not sure if they do in the game as I haven't thought to try it.

With grenade lauchners it is realistic. They won't go off unless they cover a certain distance and this is how it is in real life also.

With handheld grenades, theys hould blow up no matter what. Not sure if they do in the game as I haven't thought to try it.

the grenades which blow up on impact also have this safety feature in ARMA2, not the timed ones however.

Is this a game feature or a bug? Either way, it's extremely unrealistic. If I shoot or throw an explosive, and am within about 5 meters of where it hits/lands, it refuses to explode. Was this done on purpose? I don't like it one bit.

You may not like the way it's used, but you should appreciate the new functionality the engine allows. This was something many of us wanted since OFP (finally, realistic grenades), I'm glad it's in. It can still be disabled, but the functionality is there.

Now if only BIS had added better support for fragmentation and buckshot-like rounds... :j:

Most PRGs and 40mm grenades have an "inertial fuse" for safety reasons.

Do the RGO contact grenades (class name: HandGrenade) have a fusing function like M203 rounds and such?

Do the RGO contact grenades (class name: HandGrenade) have a fusing function like M203 rounds and such?

read my comment above...

here it is again :)

the grenades which blow up on impact also have this safety feature in ARMA2, not the timed ones however.

How I found this out:

I was testing out to see if teamates can be shot in the head and healed in the Editor. It turns out that the video was false. The soldier died on the first headshot from an M9. I liked the death animation. That got me thinking, "How are the grenade death animations?". So, I threw one at my feet. The grenade didn't explode. I kept trying to blow myself up with other explosives, but it wouldn't work.

Fact.

Just out of curiousity, if you hit a guy who is five feet in front of you with the m203 round does he still die/get hurt?

@ jakerod

nope, if you shoot him point blank the round will probably stick to him for a bit before falling to the ground. It's pretty funny. That SHOULD hurt like a bitch though :D

Is their any reason why BIS official missions are full of East hand grenades for West forces? It's almost as bad as the old ArmA1 missions where they'd give you an M4SD and MP5 magazines to go with it.