Sign in to follow this  
HeinBloed

GDTMod_HDR

gdtmod_hdr 1.01

gdtmod_hdr_arma2.jpg

GDTMod_HDR (8KB)

Armaholic mirror

This Addon does not disable HDR but it is reducing the effects of HDR dramatically by adjusting the aperture.

This Addon is client side only.

There are to variants to use this addon.

1. Via Key:

This variant does not work with addons which are using the old displaySetEventHandler command. It also does not work with the Editor Modules "Construction Interface" (Used by missions such as Superpowers) and "High Command" witch are using the displaySetEventHandler command as well.

This variant does not work on Single Player with resume game from mission menu. Start new mission...save game...load savegame is working.

2. Via actionmenu:

- There are not any known issues by using the actionmenu.

Required:

Armed Assault 2 v1.02

Extended Eventhandlers (XEH) which is part of CBA: Community Base Addons (http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/cca)

Extended Eventhandlers (XEH) from CBA_v0-1-3 is required to run with Arma 1.03.

Changelog 1.01

- Enhanced compatibility for Key activation by using displayAddEventHandler "KeyUp". For Example: Compatible with the Arma 2 integrated HALO function.

- Alternative start via actionmenu added.

- Using Extended Eventhandlers (XEH).

- Fixed: Single player: Loading a savegame will crash the game.

Note: Updating this addon from 1.00 to 1.01 needs an update for gdtmod_hdr.hpp too. Alternative you can insert the first 2 lines of the new gdtmod_hdr.hpp to the old one. (_start = 0; and _menu = 0;)

It can help you if you got the same HDR excesses like i have:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zXJvYLOGWo&hl=de&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zXJvYLOGWo&hl=de&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I5yQDH3DoA&hl=de&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I5yQDH3DoA&hl=de&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Using this Addon:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFz-sRjSfsM&hl=de&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFz-sRjSfsM&hl=de&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pj0fDw-cOo&hl=de&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pj0fDw-cOo&hl=de&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edited by HeinBloed

This Addon does not work on single player! Loading a savegame will crash the game.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUGE thanks HeinBloed :bounce3:

Was starving almost waiting for this day to come. :D

could we have similar examples video but with the addon enabled to show the addon capability?

Thank you!

so this fixes the aperture to a set hourly value?

i tried this with my fixed range nightvision, but it's not that simple

the sun rises at different times over the year

what works for one month will be unusable for another

you would essentially need to build a gigantic array for the entire year

also, your location on the game map, and the world coordinates of that map affect the sun and light properties

in the end i just gave up and made aperture hand adjustable

(discarded time-code is inside the .pbo for anyone who would want it)

i'll be releasing A2 version of my addon as soon as the A2 equivalent of extended eventhandlers are released (which should be any day now)

you're using direct eventhandlers and displaySetEventHandler, which both overwrite their previous usage and break any addons that depend on them (this and dsai so far, and XEH once it's released)

you should use displayAddEventHandler instead of Set, and implement extended eventhandlers once they're released, so it'll play nice with other addons

Edited by sholio

oh. so i guess your the user with the name "s_Hole" as well. I sent you an email asking if i could use your stuff for the Full NVG i was working on.

I guess the mp was pointless since you use other user name. ARF!

yea, it appears every forum i sign on has username "shole" already stolen(yet i never see them used?) so i end up with all kinds of random variations

could we have similar examples video but with the addon enabled to show the addon capability?

Thank you!

I've added two videos on the first post.

I've added two videos on the first post.

Great!

So ill ask again, do i have permission to use your stuff with the Full NVG?

the sun rises at different times over the year

what works for one month will be unusable for another

you would essentially need to build a gigantic array for the entire year

also, your location on the game map, and the world coordinates of that map affect the sun and light properties

Yes, i know, and there is more who effects this. This addon can use 24 settings for a day. They can be very wrong deppending on (see above) therefore the aperture can changed by the mousewheel as well.

you're using direct eventhandlers .... which .. overwrite their previous usage and break any addons that depend on them (this and dsai so far, and XEH once it's released)

Yes, i know, but as long as there is no XEH i can not use it.

you should use displayAddEventHandler instead of Set.

Thank you, this is really helpfull. I've testet this Addon which the UAV Module, wich also uses displaySetEventHandler, without any problems. But now (when wearing my glasses) i see the UAV does not use displaySetEventHandler. It is using displayAddEventHandler which is new in ArmA2 and new to me.

gdtmod_hdr 1.00

This Addon does not work on single player! Loading a savegame will crash the game.

Edit: Disregard this. In my stupidity I managed to forget loading the addon. It was just the placebo effect ;) HeinBloed is correct about the loading of saves.

This is a little misleading. You can't load saves you've already made without the addon, but it's fine to save and load missions while the addon is loaded. Thanks for this :)

Edit: After playing some more with this; this is what BIS should have done for ArmA 2. There were lots of complaints with how intense the HDR was in Armed Assault, but this is pretty much perfect. There are some difference when looking towards the sun, just like in real life, but you don't get the whole screen dark just because the sun is in the corner of your view. Thanks again for your effort!

Edited by Skulleye

sorry. im dumb. how do i bring up the menu for the mod?...

sorry. im dumb. how do i bring up the menu for the mod?...

Press "Home" Key.... or take a look into the ReadMe... ;)

This is a little misleading. You can't load saves you've already made without the addon, but it's fine to save and load missions while the addon is loaded. Thanks for this

Right so this is SP/Save friendly just in saves where the mod has been active, anything prior will cause a crash. I get it, great I will use this right away then!

@The mod maker .... maybe make this clearer in your first post because it reads like its not SP compatible and MP only, and will make allot of people skip over it and not use it.

Edited by mrcash2009

Right so this is SP/Save friendly just in saves where the mod has been active, anything prior will cause a crash. I get it, great I will use this right away then!

@The mod maker .... maybe make this clearer in your first post because it reads like its not SP compatible and MP only, and will make allot of people skip over it and not use it.

That is exactly how i have tested this addon on single player. I dont play single player, so i dont have any save game without this addon. On every single player test i used this addon.

If tested this addon many times, on many versions. On my system ArmA2 crashed every time i've loaded a same game.

What I did was start a mission, I think it was "Take the car" from the converted OFP missions. I ran a few meters, saved, ran a few meters again and loaded. This worked fine. But when trying to load a game I had saved before using the addon I crashed. Maybe it worked for me only because I hadn't quit out of the mission in the meantime? I'll test some more.

Edit: You know what? Disregard everything I have said. This was an extreme case of the placebo effect, as I had forgotten to load the addon :D I'm going to try it again, this time with the addon loaded. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Edit 2: Now it's crashing. I am dumb :)

Edited by Skulleye

Ah crap ... I really wanted to use this too, Im mainly SP and in the campaign .... oh well.

From those vids it just looks like you completely removed the HDR lighting--there is no adjustment/simulation of real eyes. Is there anyway you can just lessen it? Middle ground?

Im sorry but your instructions suck.... I tried time and time again and can not get this mod to work... alot of us are new to the arma series with arma II being our first go at all this scripting and stuff and some people do great explanations and instructions and others are difficult to try and guess...

i really need this mod too, the nvg suck and i can say that cause ive used them in desert storm and in manuvers in germany alot..even the older starlight scopes were better than what arma2 portrays them lol...

or do bohemians actually have that bad of eyesight? :D

Edited by wingtip

I just checked the mod (can't test it yet). From what I understand it doesn't deal with brightness changes due to season? 0600 differs greatly wrt available light during the summer and winter if you know what I mean.

What it needs is manually setting the HDR level, unfortunately both for day and for night modes. For night it would be a gain control on the device. On day, it would be squinting your eyes or using sun shades. Fixed NVGs by time means harrasement illumination mission become too problematic. Autogain causes the current problems. Adjustable gain can be lived with both in terms of harrasement illumination missions and the lightsources that are causing problem.

Single player compatibility is a must :) For ideas, look at how ACE1 solved this.

From what I've heard, using NVGs in real life is not as easy as it is portrayed in the game:

* Inability to use normal sights

* IR Laser is a requirement to aim, but only at shorter distances

* Limited range compared to Arma

* Limited resolution

* Limited field of view

Im sorry but your instructions suck.... I tried time and time again and can not get this mod to work...

Make a modfolder for the 2 PBO's and then move over the "userconfig" folder that comes in the addon right over to the ARMA2 folder. Thats how i translate the readme. In ArmA1 the "userconfig" went into the ARMA2/Dta folder afaik. Loose .HPP files went in straight into the DTA folder as well. bit confusing even for me tbh.

Alex