Sign in to follow this  
eenter

What are the best servers?

So most of the servers are full of idiots now(same as with arma1 i guess), team killing, destroying everything, bulshitting and etc. I can only imagine what kind of impression this behavior gives to newcomers...

So what are the best admined servers with most people working together you played on?

The Charlie Foxtrot server is usually good for some slow paced PvP action. I usually admin it and i admit, that despite our best efforts, some idiots do manage to sneak by, especially at the start.

I try the tactic of locking the server internally with the #lock command and let a few people in at a time so that we dont get a rush of 15 fresh players all trying to take the very limited number of vehicles.

Server has been quite active from around 1900BST until around 0000BEST for the last week. We usually play a 3hr game.

Well our RIP server is going strong, when there are admins on. It seems the second we head off for 10 minutes for a cuppa/leak/food there is a influx of serial teamkillers and hackers. We have half a dozen admins but its tough to keep them spread out over the servers all the time. Our ban list is growing fairly rapidly. I wish we could just fast forward a few months to when all the idiots sod off and lose interest.

Edited by [RIP] Alan.rio
spelling

No respawn co-op is not dead at Phoenix Soldiers.

Phoenix Soldiers is mature only members, tatical gaming realism group. This group is over 10 years old and has 40 members, average age is late thirties. We hold only no respawn co-op missions.

We have our own game server, TS server and website run by several members of staff.

look us up at:

www.phoenixsoldiers.com

teamspeak ip:

pxs.servegame.org

We hold open servers frequently to meet mature tactical co-op players. Look out for our open server in the ArmA 2 list:

Phoenix Soldiers ArmA 2 Server:

http://www.gametracker.com/server_in....247.186:2326/

All the best

Chief

@the chief:

Do you have to post that info on every multiplayer thread? Last I checked that was called spamming...

we've just set up a server

[EVO] Clan - www.evoclan.net

IP:193.200.158.201:4000

any ideas or suggestions on improving it let us know, we are also recruiting and looking for dedicated admins to deal with idiots (membership required for admin).

@the chief:

Do you have to post that info on every multiplayer thread? Last I checked that was called spamming...

No, hes advertising the only REAL coop server in arma 2. If you want a real game of coop and not just that evo and dom garbage then you have to try his server. A+

I think you will find that there are quite a few coop servers that don't play Domination and Evo. The point he was trying to make does seem valid to me.

If people are serious at finding good servers and clans there is a whole forum section devoted to it. ;)

Jman;1338894']I think you will find that there are quite a few coop servers that don't play Domination and Evo. The point he was trying to make does seem valid to me.

If people are serious at finding good servers and clans there is a whole forum section devoted to it. ;)

I bet you that there are only 2 dedicated coop servers. I just counted

Well, 3 actually on the first page of swec if you want to be pedantic about it ;)

coops.gif

+ there are over 1000 other servers in the list and some will be coops that don't play Domination or Evo.

We had a policy back in ArmA of an Evolution free server. Our ArmA2 server still is.

I agree that Evo and Domination is over played but not all public servers have strong communites around them to encourage map makers. Only player's positive support will improve that. :)

Edited by [KH]Jman

I will have to vouch for Phoenix Soldiers, I played a few games with them back in ArmA1 really great bunch of guys.