Sign in to follow this  
GunnDawg09

Having a ton of fun with Evolution!

Just got done playing quite a few hours with a solid group of guys that had their **** together. This is hands down my favorite game mode, provided you have the right players that dont goof off.

For hours we had dedicated transport pilots airlifting us into and out of the target zones, we had infantry squads(my self included here) sweeping into the target zones, spotting high priority targets(heavy armor) and tagging them and calling in our 2 dedicated bombers. After the HP targets were eliminated we would swoop in, knock out the remaining infantry and mark an LZ for our transport helo's to come pick us up and drop us into the next target.

Needless to say, it was a blast and I hope to see more and more skilled players willing to play their role, and play it right.

I almost gave up on this game when I was joining servers and seeing people say things like "Hey guys lets start a motorcycle gang!!!" and servers where people would rush the jets just to get in one and fly around like its BF2 or something.

Anyways to wrap this up, I can only hope to see more of you out there playing the game the way it was meant to be played, and the way I just experienced it the last few hours is how it was meant to be played, I would presume.

as soon as Arma 2 comes out in the US on hard copy, the -101st- will be playing, right now its just me and about 5-7 UK guys but we play very tactically, your welcome to check us out as well as any other ppl out there looking for very tactical/very professional people; but also people who want to have fun and play with friends. we play/played very tactical in Arma 1, we will be doing the same in Arma 2, enjoy! http://www.101se.us/

Who needs bombers when you have unlimited Javelins?

Well for one, we scout out areas from a great distance and often times are in firefights large enough, and long enough that we saw the need for having more ammo being more important than javelins, If we had dedicated bombers circling the area waiting for our marks, then you really don't need a javelin.

Sounds great. The best I had was about 20 players working together but sadly we invaded 2 towns that were completely empty due to a server bug. We were pissed and the server reset and made us all leave. We were using teamwork and carefully sweeping the city even though it was empty haha.

I've been with a couple of people who use teamwork but it wasn't really as great as I would like to see.

Sounds great. The best I had was about 20 players working together but sadly we invaded 2 towns that were completely empty due to a server bug. We were pissed and the server reset and made us all leave. We were using teamwork and carefully sweeping the city even though it was empty haha.

I've been with a couple of people who use teamwork but it wasn't really as great as I would like to see.

You just haven't found the right combination of working together.

I have been in evolution servers where everyone is helping take a town and talking and such, but thats more of fighting together rather than working together.

My clan works more of a role and team style in it. For example, I am typically the UH-60 pilot with MGs, I will play as the taxi service for my clan. After I drop them I will play safe range eye in the sky and air cover.

Working together is different than working as a team..

Havoc, you were one of the guys in the server I was just describing... surely you remember GunnDawg!

i think Evolution and Domination coop missions are being overplayed in the online servers. Gets kind of boring after awhile. What happened to all the custom missions. I missed those days in ArmA 1 where we had more custom fun or RPG missions like Sahrani Life etc etc.. Anybody bringing this from ArmA 1?

I think Evolution and Domination coop missions are not being overplayed. If they werent then the odd time you catch a public server you would miss the start of a mission.

Each to their own.

Was exactly the same with ArmA, and unfortunately it's continued into ArmA II. Though I can't say I'm surprised... :butbut:

The problem with Evolution is that it will eventually dominate the servers, as it did with Armed Assault. It's a good game mode, but when it's all anyone ever hosts it becomes monotonous.

I never played ArmA 1, so this is all new to me. I guess if anything gets overplayed then it becomes repetitive. But like I said, its all new to me, as this is my first ArmA game, So I am enjoying it while I can :)

Evolution is a lot of fun as long as you don't try to take advantage of possible exploits and work with a competent team. Players should know their roles (I'm looking at you Engineers) and if you crash a AH1Z please try to be nice and get it repaired and back at base once the city is cleared.

So, who is to blame ? Stop playing on the servers that have these modes then they will stop hosting them, simple, its not automatic there are humans who run the servers and put whatever missions they feel works.

Some like to play realistic despite unrealistic settings such as unlimited everything.

Evo and Dom are really poor game modes.

All you do:

Walk into a city- Kill numerous AI that are just randomly placed and poorly scripted.

Die and the respawn- Go back to the base and repeat.

Very lame. Honestly to those who like evolution please try a real coop. One where there is no respawn and a good objective. Much more teamwork involved. I wish EVO and DOM were not put into arma 2. They were not in ofp and that is why ofp was so great!

I am loving Capture the Island. I have been in some RAGING fights over camps and towns, and the respawn system actually works properly in ARMA2! I love the RTS style objective of destroying the enemy's mobile HQ, as well as the massive campaign feel of capturing the towns and keeping your supply chain intact.

I haven't played Evolution, or Domination, or several other modes yet. But, already, all my other FPS games kinda suck all of a sudden... =)

Evo and Dom are really poor game modes.

All you do:

Walk into a city- Kill numerous AI that are just randomly placed and poorly scripted.

Die and the respawn- Go back to the base and repeat.

Very lame. Honestly to those who like evolution please try a real coop. One where there is no respawn and a good objective. Much more teamwork involved. I wish EVO and DOM were not put into arma 2. They were not in ofp and that is why ofp was so great!

If you don`t like it, don`t play it ;)

I like thos game modes, because you can join all the time without miss something, and its verry good for the teamwork, and we do plan missions how e do attack a city or a sidemission