Sign in to follow this  
mattyh1986

How Satisfied with Arma2 Are you??

How Satisfied with ARMA2 are you!?  

1194 members have voted

1. 1. How Satisfied with ARMA2 are you!?

• Extremely , Awesome game! no problems what so every
    • Good game, Some problems ive managed to over come now running smooth
    • Some problems but I just deal with it and get on, game is still enjoyable
    • Love the game but problem are sucking the fun from it
    • Completely unplayable, want my money back, desperatly need patches!
    • Given up will never buy BIS products again.

I love the game and the problems are there to be fixed.People should have the patience this is arma dont forget that.And we all know Bis is working (or trying) on all the problems but they cant do it all in once. Be patience or play tetris.The main problem is people bitchin about a game they know it is going to be not perfect (which game is)

Yeah, sure, but you can estimate that a patch would make the game better, can't you?

Now with 1.04 it's really unplayable. It was good fun to play arma2 and I liked the warfare games very much, but now it is a mess.

Yeah, sure, but you can estimate that a patch would make the game better, can't you?

Now with 1.04 it's really unplayable. It was good fun to play arma2 and I liked the warfare games very much, but now it is a mess.

Works fine here (minus one very minor, yet very annoying, audio bug).

Care to explain what 1.04 broke that is destroying your ability to play?

Eth

Edited by BangTail

Love the "game" (hard to call it a game) but the constant crashes, bugs, and graphic problems (especially for those of us with high end systems) really detract from it.

I've decided to shelve the game for several months. Hopefully some new patches from BIS and drivers from nvidia will let all of us enjoy this game.

Sadly, I had to do the same thing with ARMA. When ARMA came out, there was a bug where the game was totally unplayable (would load into a "black screen" and never display graphics) for those of us with 8GB of ram. Came back about 6 months later, and a patch had been released that allowed me to play thru the whole game.

Seriously hoping it doesnt take 6 months for BIS to fix ARMA II...

I think the big thing to be learnt from the SP campaign is that the Warfare missions were not well recieved as thats not what BiS game players (from the days of OFP forward) wanted.

To be honest, just one warfare mission (es: Badlands) could be ok. But two nooooooo....too much..... :D

The last one, Dogs of war is incredibily long and meaningless. Why no boat near the island where Lopotev is? :rolleyes:

It is very complex and meaningless to approach the island with amphibious tank.

The gameplay is great and the graphics are pretty dang good, but overall, the problems it has like broken mission objectives and the almost idiot-savant AI really ruins the fun.

I've had nothing but problems with Razor Two and Manhattan and am quite fed up with Arma 2. I'm tired of doing replay after replay just because the AI is omnipotent or little things like Shaftoe dying because I shot the Chedaki encampment leader... that's just asinine.

Im just loving the new mess that is 1.04. I am now getting the receiving bug, when i never did. I'm getting some errors that dont appear twice, one was about smokeandfire.p3d or something, another about namesake cant be in that place .... continuously crashing to desktop. FUCKKKKKKKKKKK THIS. just spent an hour trying to join some servers, i think I am banned from one because i tried to connect to many times. Joined one server, got to objective then CTD. Time to walk away

Works fine here (minus one very minor, yet very annoying, audio bug).

Care to explain what 1.04 broke that is destroying your ability to play?

Eth

While I'm not Firewall, 1.04 certainly has made the game pretty much unplayable for me. Before on 1.03 it was jerky at points but it was for the most part playable. Now on loading Chenerus just in the editor moving about to place a unit its laggy. Place a single bloke in a forest and the lag when turning is a joke, like trying to move in treacle. That does after moving around a bit go away but then I'll be running around and just get a random CTD. On some of the scenarios the graphics will go funny with the usual white textures and artefacts. I've tried a number of Nvidia drivers, including the beta ones you've posted and the results are always the same. I've added the usual maxmem, winxp and cpucount to my shortcut, at most all that helps with is the loading of textures and lods. The most anoying thing of all is I can't go back to 1.03 as I brought my game via steam and as such all the updates are added automatically even if they make things worse.

Blurrrrghh. So disappointed. Waited for this game forever. Really don't want to say goodbye to it - but I have a feeling that none of my friends will be playing this for much longer. Already a lot of my friends have stopped playing because of the constant bugs. :(

When this game works it's brilliant and incredibly atmospheric.

.....when it works being the key words, which of 1.04 is for only about 10 minutes before CTD.

Most important problem IMO is the lousy performance, despite my rig being well above the "optimal requirements". Especially the campaign is almost unplayable as it progresses. Lowering settings helps only marignally as it seems to be an AI/CPU problem.

This wouldn't have been such an issue for me had BI been honest about the required specs. Or if they would have been more forthcoming with information as to their plan how and when to provide fixes for this. After the initial announcement they would look into it in patch 1.04 things have become awfully quiet. I've paid good money and I don't want to be kept in the dark.

What also saddens me is that some people justify this by saying it's to avoid liability, which is an obvious fallacy since liability already exists since they misrepresented the product on the cover. It's only because nobody wants to go through the effort of starting a procedure (which is completely understandable) that it hasn't been formally acknowlegded.

Also sad to see justifications along the the lines of "they are making OA now, which will ensure they can properly support Arma 2 in the future". The game should be supported regardless of any future plans and products, since it's a well established customer right to receive an adequate product.

Other than that, there are several other bugs more extensively mentioned by others that I don't consider to be game-breaking, but just annoying. Those were present in all games they've released and I've pretty much learned to live with them and accept it as a fact of life. Which is pretty uncommon for me but OFP/ArmA has always been a great favorite.

I've got every OFP and ArmA game/expansion on the shelve and I've been always been happy to support BI financially because of their ambition with these games, but I will see a patch increase performance before 1 more euro moves from my pocket to theirs.

Edit: I'd like to add that while I think the campaign is pretty cool, immersive and inventive, it should have been twice as long to be really worthwhile.

Edited by [BBE] Soul Assassin

i havent had time to play the game yet, but it seems like developers are just throwing games out half finished and hoping good advertising will cause people to rush and buy the game before we realize its half finished. Just like the new GTA, Empire TW, and from what ive read, ARMA2.

i havent had time to play the game yet, but it seems like developers are just throwing games out half finished and hoping good advertising will cause people to rush and buy the game before we realize its half finished. Just like the new GTA, Empire TW, and from what ive read, ARMA2.

Pretty much, and then expecting us to wait months between patches just really gets my blood boiling.

Pretty much, and then expecting us to wait months between patches just really gets my blood boiling.

Pretty much all PC games get patched several times.

Don't like it?

Buy a console.

Eth

Dont like people not being happy?

Stay out of the troubleshooting section.

I spend a lot of time helping people JFYI.

His is not a troubleshooting gripe - he's bitching about patches which are an unavoidable evil in the realm of PC gaming.

OT : The first episode was ace - I'm assuming you saw it.

Eth

I'm 'bitching' about the fact that my perfectly functioning game now no longer functions fine after a patch released by BIS.

I know that I will most likely be waiting for probably another month in order to hope that the next patch that they release fixes my problem.

I've been playing PC games and console games long enough to know that patches usually take at least 3-4 weeks between each one and that they are an 'unnecessary evil' of the PC gaming world, but patches are supposed to improve things, not break things like this patch has for me and from threads here in the trouble shooting forum, other users as well.

I'm 'bitching' about the fact that my perfectly functioning game now no longer functions fine after a patch released by BIS.

I know that I will most likely be waiting for probably another month in order to hope that the next patch that they release fixes my problem.

I've been playing PC games and console games long enough to know that patches usually take at least 3-4 weeks between each one and that they are an 'unnecessary evil' of the PC gaming world, but patches are supposed to improve things, not break things like this patch has for me and from threads here in the trouble shooting forum, other users as well.

Agreed, apart from the fact that a patch every 4 weeks is a very good rythm IMO compared to other games !

For my part, i always consider patches very cautiously, as i do with new GFX drivers. I wait and see if it works for (most of) others, then apply or wait for the next one.

Edited by ProfTournesol
english typo

it seems like developers are just throwing games out half finished and hoping good advertising will cause people to rush and buy the game before we realize its half finished.

Just like the new GTA, Empire TW, and from what ive read, ARMA2.

....and Hearts of Iron 3 too...:)

ArmA 2 (patch 1.04) has still significant performance bugs (vegetation popping up continuosly, frame rate up and down....). Far Cry 2 does not have these bugs: an example of good production (technically speaking).

Playing ArmA 2 with the actual graphic engine has annoyed me definetely. And I am a loyal BIS fan since 2003.

At present, I will not suggest to buy ArmA 2 to my friends or in the forums.

I've done it in the past months, but not anymore.

I'm really bored by ArmA 2 defective production: very low production quality.

....and Hearts of Iron 3 too...:)

ArmA 2 (patch 1.04) has still significant performance bugs (vegetation popping up continuosly, frame rate up and down....). Far Cry 2 does not have these bugs: an example of good production (technically speaking).

Playing ArmA 2 with the actual graphic engine has annoyed me definetely. And I am a loyal BIS fan since 2003.

At present, I will not suggest to buy ArmA 2 to my friends or in the forums.

I've done it in the past months, but not anymore.

I'm really bored by ArmA 2 defective production: very low production quality.

Another silly comparison.

Far Cry 2 =! A2 technically.

Eth

I wouldn't really use Far Cry 2 as an example. On initial release it had a fair few bugs and extremely bad mouse problems (not to mention repetitive game play, but that's another thing altogether), but fortunately it was mostly ironed out after the first patch and the amount of bugs weren't anywhere near what are in Arma 2.

That said, Far Cry 2 still has a fair few problems, one being that even though people complain about voice acting, the voice acting in Far Cry 2 makes Arma 2 look like a masterpiece.

I love arma II but there are a lot of bugs it's unplayable, a lot of options like the thermal vision, why is in arma II expansion and not in ArmaII? And scripts of load cargo for the C130, a lot of scripts like this...

We have all been used as pawns to test the software year after year, dodgy release after dodgy release. Even basic things don't work, 8GB RAM issues, texture issues, flickering trees, objects popping in, performance issues, AI issues, mouse issues. Many defects been around for years and until they redo the whole core engine they will always be there.

Frustration galore for me to the point where trying to play the game makes me feel sick.

We have all been used as pawns to test the software year after year, dodgy release after dodgy release. Even basic things don't work, 8GB RAM issues, texture issues, flickering trees, objects popping in, performance issues, AI issues, mouse issues. Many defects been around for years and until they redo the whole core engine they will always be there.

Frustration galore for me to the point where trying to play the game makes me feel sick.

I hate to repeat myself, but if you don't enjoy playing it.... don't play it. Myself, I'm having a blast playing it, but if I started encountering game breaking problems, then I'd ask for help, wait for a fix, or stop playing and play something. But then again, I have cognative thought.

I keep crashing every time I save the game in the campaign, but not in the scenarios.

I wish I was better at the mission editor, I could make my own fun missions if it wasn't such a hard tool. Oh well...

Other than that, it's quite fun to play. The AI could use some tweaking though, so it's as good as Brothers in Arms for example.