Sign in to follow this  
mattyh1986

How Satisfied with Arma2 Are you??

How Satisfied with ARMA2 are you!?  

1194 members have voted

1. 1. How Satisfied with ARMA2 are you!?

• Extremely , Awesome game! no problems what so every
    • Good game, Some problems ive managed to over come now running smooth
    • Some problems but I just deal with it and get on, game is still enjoyable
    • Love the game but problem are sucking the fun from it
    • Completely unplayable, want my money back, desperatly need patches!
    • Given up will never buy BIS products again.

well, what can i say.

Just stating my point of view must have touched you Zixinus... Im so sorry.......

please, let us get on with discussing the game, and not attacking each other, it serves no perpous.

Therefore i extend my hand to you, i didn't want to ofend you......

For me the Game is not unplayable, and i am not a blinded fan.

I just wanted to state my point of view to those comparing this with OFP DR or or any

other console game.

At the end, its about having fun.

I think peoples satisfaction of the game is determined by what they expected from it in the first place,if you've got an expensive pc setup with top of the line hardware then you would expect to to be able to max out all the settings,and get great framerates aswell,and it's understandable that people are annoyed when it doesn't pan out that way.

I've personally got a low spec pc at the mo ( Pentium D 2.8ghz - 9500gt..lol )and the demo didn't run very well on it,but i still took a chance on the full retail version,and with a few tweaks and patches the game looks and runs well at decent settings (20-25 fps),i'm basically happy to be able to play the game at all tbh,and i dont think you need 60+fps to enjoy it.I may have a bit more patience than others though,as i happily played through Stalker SOC on this pc,and that game has one or two bugs itself.;)

Fine Marcus, apology accepted.

But: It's not about you. It's about what you wrote. I don't know you and ergo, I don't give two bits about you. But I read your post and I found it stupid and pointed it out as such with a point-by-point basis. This isn't a personal attack on you and all you believe in. This is what people do.

I presume you're young so here's a bit of advice: before you click the post botton ask yourself "Is there something wrong with this post? How could it be improved? Do I imply something that I didn't intend to?"

Try to always think trough what you're trying to say. Any really, look up a touch-typing program because your appearent inability to use the shift key doesn't exactly fills people with confidence about you.

Above this post are two of the most childish posts. Zixinus' first post was fine and shouldn't have been flamed. His second post though, is rather childish and a deliberate attempt to start an arguement.

And? People argue all the time. People settle things and agree on things with arguments. It's when arguments become a fight (emotionally if not physicall) that's a problem. Thinking that we should all get along all the time without arguing is saying that we should always stick our heads in the floor whevener we have a problem.

This post is not an attempt to start an arguement.

In other words, you call yourself untouchable, which I myself find childish.

Why do I find this childish? Adults deal with confrontations, they don't hide away from it.

If you do not want to be open to an argument, then don't join it. If you do not want your statements to be judged, don't say it. If you want to express something, be prepeared that it will be judged by your audience as they please.

A) Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

So everyone is entitled to have an opinion about an opinion. The moment you express an opinion, that opinion is free to discussed, validated and even dismissed by others as they please. Opinions are not holy. They are not sacred. They're definitely not property that other people are only allowed to touch with permission.

They are free to picked apart, analyzed, validated, dismissed or even mocked and ridiculed. Implying that this shouldn't be tells me that thought policing should be in order.

B) If someone disagrees, point them to A.

The letter A? Point A? How does that have to do with anything?

If on the other hand, you want to insult them as much as possible to make yourself feel like a real (wo)man then you are as childish, if not more, than the original poster.

Not everything is about machoism, you know? If you see a neo-nazi express his disgust with you for having multi-racial friends, calling him a racist bigot isn't excatly about making yourself feel like a real man (woman tend to express their superioty with slightly more subtle ways). Likewise, if I see something stupid, then I call it out.

I decided to get Arma 2 after I got a new video card (a 4850HD) as it supported DX10 and I wanted to take advantage of it.

That invalidates everything else you had to say. IMO

:eek:DX10 isn't in ARMA 2.:eek:

Sorry Zix, you seem to have misunderstood my post entirely, which doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

One other thing, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to take your own advice. Remember, healthy arguement is good, blatent attacks aren't. Don't get the two mixed up.

I decided to get Arma 2 after I got a new video card (a 4850HD) as it supported DX10 and I wanted to take advantage of it.

I have heard bad things about it: horrendus voice acting and unstablility. I got it anyway.

I've played the first Arma and got fed up with not only the bad patching process (horrendus size and several of them! for some many editions, you'd think it would be possible to create a united patch) but the insane missions (seriously, you expect a sniper to take out the entire convoy's worth of soldiers? from a clearly visible position? then sneak into an enemy base, alone, place by single and only C4 charge and then take out the rest of the tanks I can barely see with a rocket launcher? something that will tell all the enemy units below exactly where I am?).

I started the game right up with the patching it as I heard it improves it.

My first impressions were rather good: the bloom was turned down and I can actually see something else than blur. My performance was also better.

Then I discovered the bug in the boot camp, which annoyed me. So I went to the armoury and discovered that the poacher mission is bugged, then that the turret challanges are a bit insane (seriously, you expect me to hold of all attackers while in the middle of the field, clearly open to any well-shot bullet?).

So I just started Harvest Red and discovered that the very first mission has bugs if I try to swich between various shooting practises.

Above that, the squad management is a bit of a mess and very hard to do in the middle of a confused firefight and I can't tell whether I am hurt! I hear groaning, look down and see no blood, go to third person and still see no blood. This is a process that takes a bit too long.

Arma 2 is a very typical (Eastern?) European game: the voice acting is done by relatives (I bet) and while the whole thing is ambicious to show us "new" things (I don't view it that way, but rather that Arma2 is the proper version of Arma1 which was a contiunation of Operation Flashpoint which was miles better than Arma1) and while it succeds in creating those features, the entire product fails due to bad QA.

If only a month or two more debugging and testing would have been done, the entire game would be have been much better and I wouldn't feel regret for my money.

In summary, I like Arma 2 but am disassapointed that it keeps its track record of high amount of bugs and I cannot help but think that there was a lack of playtesting and a lack of debugging.

I'm much more looking forward to Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. Everything according to the videos published shows that it will be a much better than Arma 2 (for example, its trying to make the interface better) and I really don't care all about the "IS GONNA BE AVERAGE SHOOTER!!1!1" talk. Average shooters don't make a point of taking sounds of actual stuff of the USMC by actually going to the USMC!

Just go already and wait for DR on the CM forums. I'm so sick to death of these "A2 sux for x reasons but I am so looking forward to CM's amazing DR" posts.

They aren't even in the same class and that's not to say DR will be bad (which Im almost sure it will be but I'll reserve judgement until it actually releases).

Of course, we all know that the hype machine that goes into overdrive just before launch is highly reflective of the final shipped product /sarcasm off.

Enjoy your "tactical shooter" that dishonestly uses the FP franchise name to dupe people into thinking it is the actual successor to the original FP.

People here know better and if DR is such a great game, why is it that CM couldn't pick a name that has nothing to do with OFP. No one involved with that BF2 clone had anything to do with the original OFP.

CM don't do niche games so you people who think DR is going to be the same as A2 are in for a big surprise. Most of the gameplay videos I've seen don't impress me at all. It looks clunky and arcadish.

As for voice acting, it is terrible in A2 but then again, I didn't (and most fans don't) buy the game for the SP, so it doesn't affect me. When you buy A2, you are buying a canvas to create whatever you want. It should probably be marketed a little more in that direction but BIS are a business and they have to keep the investors happy :)

Eth

Edited by BangTail

i'm a bit pissed off, i bought this game, installed it, it didn't work. After a few hours of research i could finaly get it to start up, only to realise this game eats a lot of hardware, and is almost unplayable on my mid end rig. On top of that i can't get any sound out of it.

I feel like bohemia interactive stole from me. That justifies me stealing from them. I will download cracked versions of their other games, and play those, untill they fix all problems with arma2

I have some minor issues, but to be honest they do not normally cause the game to crash, and may in part anyway be due to my overclocking of the system or some addon/mod combination. I won a copy of Far Cry2 recently, and even though I can play at the highest settings the graphics looked dated (almost Half Life-ish) compared to Arma2 at mostly normal. I might even re-install BF2 with the new patch to see how that compares but suspect it will not short lived.

I have recently enjoyed several coop games where humans have used AI squads in a Domination variant, and I have to say they have been some of the best games I have ever played; the AI using smoke and flanking moves against us, along with extended firefights. Not bad some something which costs less than a night out (with my loyalty credit I got Arma2 for the price of about 4 beers).

I am sad for those with critical issues (I suffered a lot initially in Arma1) which prevent you playing, and hope you get fixed before the fun goes.

cjph

..... I'm so sick to death of these "A2 sux for x reasons but I am so looking forward to CM's amazing DR" posts.

They aren't even in the same class and that's not to say DR will be bad (which Im almost sure it will be but I'll reserve judgement until it actually releases).

People here know better and if DR is such a great game, why is it that CM couldn't pick a name that has nothing to do with OFP. No one involved with that BF2 clone had anything to do with the original OFP.

CM don't do niche games so you people who think DR is going to be the same as A2 are in for a big surprise. Most of the gameplay videos I've seen don't impress me at all. It looks clunky and arcadish. ....

Eth

Spoken out of my soul ! :)

BI games consist of much more complex software because (!) of their openess and the artificial intelligence of the AIs.

You CAN leave the road, you MAY jump from that plane and hang in a tree - that's a feature not a bug. You MAY get in situations noone, not even a developer, has ever been before ... there cannot be no bugs.

Therefore I am a huge fan!:)

Spoken out of my soul ! :)

BI games consist of much more complex software because (!) of their openess and the artificial intelligence of the AIs.

You CAN leave the road, you MAY jump from that plane and hang in a tree - that's a feature not a bug. You MAY get in situations noone, not even a developer, has ever been before ... there cannot be no bugs.

Therefore I am a huge fan!:)

That is what truly sets it apart. It's a "world simulator". I guarantee you that DR will not compare in that respect.

DR will be just another shooter with limited replayability IMHO. It won't be long before we will know for sure.

@ Cjph : PRM (realitymod.com) is a great BF2 mod if you didn't already know about it.

Eth

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

I feel like bohemia interactive stole from me. That justifies me stealing from them. I will download cracked versions of their other games, and play those, untill they fix all problems with arma2

Maybe in your crazy bizzaro world but not here on Earth.

I see a ban in your future :D

Eth

I feel like bohemia interactive stole from me. That justifies me stealing from them.

No it doesn't, you (to borrow a name from your favorite forum) 'douchebag'.

Makes me so angry to see thieves and amoral people breaking down society, and these same people are the ones whining about how unfair it is. I 'feel' like BIS stole from me... I need to go somewhere else before I get banned with you.

i'm a bit pissed off, i bought this game, installed it, it didn't work. After a few hours of research i could finaly get it to start up, only to realise this game eats a lot of hardware, and is almost unplayable on my mid end rig. On top of that i can't get any sound out of it.

Not our nor BIS fault if you can't check the requirements before purchase.

And I think your days are over here, goodbye have a nice day.

I think peoples satisfaction of the game is determined by what they expected from it in the first place,if you've got an expensive pc setup with top of the line hardware then you would expect to to be able to max out all the settings,and get great framerates aswell,and it's understandable that people are annoyed when it doesn't pan out that way.

My satisfaction is based on the fact that it doesn't work at all on my PC and BI have shown no interest in fixing it. Not even a response on this forum. As another poster said....thieves.

My satisfaction is based on the fact that it doesn't work at all on my PC and BI have shown no interest in fixing it. Not even a response on this forum. As another poster said....thieves.

Really, BIS haven't PM'd you with a solution yet. F**king outrageous. Call the FBI /sarcasm off.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Eth

PS : I just read your other thread. It's your hardware, not the game.

Edited by BangTail

Get a Mac.

Seriously though. They are fixing the problem. This is a smaller studio, and they will fix their product. The fact is that it isn't a rail shooter, and a matter of just fixing standard scripted events. This game has a huge scope, and you could beta test for a year and still not discover all the problems. I promise you that it will get better. Just give it time. Meanwhile go play another game that you can "beat" in 10 hours or less. then come back to this.

If you have a mid end rig, then that means it would be something like e8xxx or Q8xxx with 260gtx or 8800gtx/gts, around 4 gig ram and win vista x64 or win7.

if not you are offically low end :eek:

also i have bought every edition of this game and will continue to support smaller studios that do great work....even if this is eventually, I can now read german as well as I can read french because of the editions I have bought.

You should be complaining about prices from EB games being so high and over actual release price.

Edited by WILLUR

GREAT game. BUT i dont like a plot. USA is the real EMPIRE OF EVIL, not Russia.

Don't worry, it's still realistic. I was playing a scenario the other day that ended with a us bomber dropping it's load on my us squad.

I am satisfied with the beautiful island and its new capabilities for modding.

But i would love to see some improvement over performance (cpu! Phenom II X4 945 doesn't seem to be enough...). Then i will be happy :)

But i would love to see some improvement over performance (cpu! Phenom II X4 945 doesn't seem to be enough...). Then i will be happy :)

Nothing wrong with your processor. It's enough for ANYTHING out there, except for Arma 2. Thats the dev's fault, not yours or the hardware makers.

Badly coded is badly coded, It's not the hardware makers job to make their products fit for the programs, but the other way around. Something that BIS and alot of the fanboys can't get through their heads, seems like blaming your hardware is a common response to a buggy unfinished game.

Arma 2 is one of the best games iv ever played. and most realistic too. extremely satisfied with the game. except for some bugs but they dont get in the way too much. and the the game is optimized horribly. but its a great game!

and also im so mad at bohemia for not making flashpoint 2. codemasters ruined it. :(

I've had no issues with the game; I bought a 505 retail version. What don't like is spending ages trying to optimise the game. The next patch, BIS should sort out the graphic problems so everyone can play the game with much better visuals for a 9600GT and top graphics for a 200 series GPU.

If that CEO from BIS reads these forums then hopefully you can to that for a future patch and use it in your future series of Armas.

I think that the mission Editor Sucks, It some respects it is great and in others it is terrible. Things such as respawn options should be done via tick boxes in unit editor, Briefing, and objectiives should also be done via this was rather than all this scripting. This would make it easier for mission to be made and therefore the game more succsessful.

Once the preformance is better and the engine is alittle optimize this game will be almost flawless.

I have a few complaints, like the command menu being alittle intimidating and the overall interface annoying but I deal with it, also the map editor is really glitchy and doesnt recieve what I edit.

But I live with it, cant wait to get on with my mates when they finally pick the game up.

In the future I hope that BIS gets itself a good publisher that can let them take time on ARMA 3, so we dont get a buggy launch game. :yay:

The game is great... at least what I've been able to see of it. Though from my experience so far, I've paid a premium price for a game that isn't widely available in my country, yet I can only run single player and I was mostly wanting multiplayer.

I am becoming annoyed quickly.