Sign in to follow this  
mattyh1986

How Satisfied with Arma2 Are you??

How Satisfied with ARMA2 are you!?  

1194 members have voted

1. 1. How Satisfied with ARMA2 are you!?

• Extremely , Awesome game! no problems what so every
    • Good game, Some problems ive managed to over come now running smooth
    • Some problems but I just deal with it and get on, game is still enjoyable
    • Love the game but problem are sucking the fun from it
    • Completely unplayable, want my money back, desperatly need patches!
    • Given up will never buy BIS products again.

I've tried every fix i could find on this and other forums. My system specs are above recommended.

Right now when playing the campaign i get the 'cannot commit' save bug and online i get the 'Recieving' bug.

Not satisfied ofcourse.

It's a disgrace, especially with BIS's track record. Will they never learn?

Actually i'm pretty angry, paid e45 euro's and got a half ass game.

And now they expect me to 'buy' the expansion?

'I dont' think so Tim'

And now they expect me to 'buy' the expansion

Please point me to where someone from BIS has said that.

Judging from the fact this is your first post, and you haven't posted any of your system specs or what patch you're running, and you have only posted a vague report of your issue, you don't expect nor want people to help you and thus have only come on to complain.

So meh.

My problems are well documented on these forums and ofcourse having tried all the fixes i could find i obviously tried the latest and different patches.

Besieds the topic of this thread is arma 2 satisfaction so i'm not really sure why u even commented here.

I call fanboy.

My problems are well documented on these forums and ofcourse having tried all the fixes i could find i obviously tried the latest and different patches.

Besieds the topic of this thread is arma 2 satisfaction so i'm not really sure why u even commented here.

Because if you really wanted someone to help you with what's wrong, rather than just complaining thinking it makes a difference, you would post your issue and your system specifications. Which you still haven't done, even though I said it in my original post. And how could your problems be well documented? You have 2 posts, both in this thread.

I call fanboy.

Really? You're going to take that route? :butbut:

I was satisfied with 1.02, since it didn't crash (at all). Now, I'm getting random crashes with my game and it's driving me loco with patch 1.03!

I use an ATI video card, and BIS has a reputation for shoddy ATI support.

I love ArmA II and have got no problems and I run it on a notebook on high!

(Yes, my notebook is stronger than my PC Desktop system with an i7 and GTX 260M)

I am no longer surprised that Bistudio cannot fix some arma 2 bugs. They don't have time because they work on a datadisk Operation Arrowhead :-]

I am no longer surprised that Bistudio cannot fix some arma 2 bugs. They don't have time because they work on a datadisk Operation Arrowhead :-]

Careful, you'll get Placebo over at your house with a baseball bat for comments like that... though he's easy to scare away at least. ;)

I was satisfied with 1.02, since it didn't crash (at all). Now, I'm getting random crashes with my game and it's driving me loco with patch 1.03!

I use an ATI video card, and BIS has a reputation for shoddy ATI support.

At least you had a time when it didn't crash, I've never had that yet and I'm getting a bit sick of the endless wait for a patch that even attempts to address the crashing issues.

It's nice that they are trying to fix a mouse issue and launch an other release but what about the rest of us who bought the game on day one and still can't play it?

Enjoyed Arma 2 thoroughly on Win XP, Changed to trail vers Win 7 on rebuild and cannot play game only audio on Blackscreen. I am tempting to go back to Win XP if I cannot find a solution to this problem shortly.

Up to date patches no help ver 1.03

To be honest, posting this poll in the bugs and troubleshooting forum is going to yield very slanted results towards a negative bias. The results can't be taken with any seriousness as a broad public opinion of the game.

Enjoyed Arma 2 thoroughly on Win XP, Changed to trail vers Win 7 on rebuild and cannot play game only audio on Blackscreen. I am tempting to go back to Win XP if I cannot find a solution to this problem shortly.

Up to date patches no help ver 1.03

Tried loading the game with -winxp

Graphics are great, response of system is poor (although my system runs with a Intel i7, 6 gb 3DDR ram and a Ati 4650 1gb graphics card).

Huge problems to connect my Logitech Force 3d Pro joystick (can somebody help me out?)

Would love it more if i could servers when trying to play multiplayer!

Well I waited until just last week to purchase this game, figuring they would have most of the bugs worked out, but to my disappointment I still see obvious glitches all over the place. The campaign (I don't have home internet) is what I was looking forward too, but I keep encountering glitches and events not registering and have to keep reloading, etc.

As a professional developer myself (J2EE) I really am disappointed how the gaming development business has been operating. It's not the developers faults at all, as they are just trying to meet their objectives on schedule. The companies need to stop relying so much on beta version, patch, patch, patch, patch aproach... It's actually more cost effective to tack on 3-5 months of development and publish a good product rather then keep patching because the patch, patch approach rushes things and in such a large piece of software everything can affect everything else so you end up creating more bugs then what you fix. This approach may bring in $$ fast but the clients (us) are more reluctant to buy the next title, expansion, etc. I def. know I waiting until next year to get the exp. and that's only if these other bugs ever get fixed.

I am lead developer on a massive project for NYS that has been in development for over 7 years and this is the approach that I have implemented. Also limit your developers and stay away from sub contractors.

I haven't wasted my money on such an unuseable piece of software since the early days of computers gaming. Developers should be ashamed..

I decided to get Arma 2 after I got a new video card (a 4850HD) as it supported DX10 and I wanted to take advantage of it.

I have heard bad things about it: horrendus voice acting and unstablility. I got it anyway.

I've played the first Arma and got fed up with not only the bad patching process (horrendus size and several of them! for some many editions, you'd think it would be possible to create a united patch) but the insane missions (seriously, you expect a sniper to take out the entire convoy's worth of soldiers? from a clearly visible position? then sneak into an enemy base, alone, place by single and only C4 charge and then take out the rest of the tanks I can barely see with a rocket launcher? something that will tell all the enemy units below exactly where I am?).

I started the game right up with the patching it as I heard it improves it.

My first impressions were rather good: the bloom was turned down and I can actually see something else than blur. My performance was also better.

Then I discovered the bug in the boot camp, which annoyed me. So I went to the armoury and discovered that the poacher mission is bugged, then that the turret challanges are a bit insane (seriously, you expect me to hold of all attackers while in the middle of the field, clearly open to any well-shot bullet?).

So I just started Harvest Red and discovered that the very first mission has bugs if I try to swich between various shooting practises.

Above that, the squad management is a bit of a mess and very hard to do in the middle of a confused firefight and I can't tell whether I am hurt! I hear groaning, look down and see no blood, go to third person and still see no blood. This is a process that takes a bit too long.

Arma 2 is a very typical (Eastern?) European game: the voice acting is done by relatives (I bet) and while the whole thing is ambicious to show us "new" things (I don't view it that way, but rather that Arma2 is the proper version of Arma1 which was a contiunation of Operation Flashpoint which was miles better than Arma1) and while it succeds in creating those features, the entire product fails due to bad QA.

If only a month or two more debugging and testing would have been done, the entire game would be have been much better and I wouldn't feel regret for my money.

In summary, I like Arma 2 but am disassapointed that it keeps its track record of high amount of bugs and I cannot help but think that there was a lack of playtesting and a lack of debugging.

I'm much more looking forward to Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. Everything according to the videos published shows that it will be a much better than Arma 2 (for example, its trying to make the interface better) and I really don't care all about the "IS GONNA BE AVERAGE SHOOTER!!1!1" talk. Average shooters don't make a point of taking sounds of actual stuff of the USMC by actually going to the USMC!

ok... after reading all that:

i dont want to pick on anybody, those concerned will know:-)

Are you serious? do you really understand what this "game " is?

ive read this from other people, but for me its just right.

a polished dumbed down game ( we all know what i mean ) has less bugs because??? well' anybody????

answer :

there is much less room for error! ArmA 2 simulates a whole countryside, with civilians, animals, and so on.... of course there are mor bugs, than in the first couple of levels in... ( put your favorite "shooter" here )

But there is so much to see, so much to do, and so much to talk about in this game, that i for one, can look over the bugs.

sure BI are on it since oFp, and yea, maybe they could have killed a little more of the bugs that carried over from the series.

But look, however at what they have achieved!

Arma 2 is in my opinion the best and only Ultimate Military Simulation.

@Zixinus: again a comparison of a console game, to a pc simulation...epic fail !!

Edited by markushaze
spelling

i dont want to pick on anybody, those concerned will know:-)

You do realise that directly writing after my reply and directly replying to my points, stating quite clearly who you are talking to makes you look like any less of a spineless cowards?

I don't like to throw around insults, but seriously, what was I supposed to think? Do you think that by starting a reply by telling that you are not going to mention names and then replying to specific points will make me respect you? Make me respect your argument?

Boy, you have lost when you forgot to use the shift key.

No, seriously. Does your keyboard lack a shift key?

Are you suffering from some form of mental sickness that allows you to write words but not allow you to capitalise?

Because a quick glance on your specs tells me that you are not from inpoverished, third-world nation where your family is so poor that they can't afford a complete keyboard.

Do you lack a hand or some fingers? How are you able to play Arma2 then? Even if you were, I saw a woman who has only three fingers on each hand type properly.

The moment I didn't see a capital letter in complete sentances took my attitude to you from reasonable way down below most gutters. Why? Precisely because if you don't bother to write a reply to me properly, then I won't bother to give you any ground.

Here's a hint about arguments: expressing spite and insulting your opponent will not make him see your point.

Are you serious? do you really understand what this "game " is?

Of course I do. It is a game meant to give a realistic (as possible) and open-ended approach to play a game about modern warfare.

ive read this from other people, but for me its just right.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed it but why do you think that just because you liked it, I should? Who are you? Why should I think that if you like it, I should do too?

Implying that I must be hallucinating to think that Arma2 is bad is not exactly an honest tactic and frankly, you've done it so badly that it wouldn't have been good if it were.

a polished dumbed down game ( we all know what i mean ) has less bugs because??? well' anybody????

Because its not made by developers who's previous game was buggy as hell if not outright broken?

And no, not all of us know what you mean.

I have watched developer walktroughs of OF: DR and as far as I can tell, its not dumbed down, if anything, its smartened up.

The only thing that possibly be called "dumb down" is the interface, which is stupid, because it appears to be simplified.

Simplifying the interface so that the game could be played by a controller does not mean that the game itself is stupid or dumbed-down.

Besides, even if OF: DR turns out to be bad and just as bug-ridden, it would't excuse Arma2 from its own bugs and failures.

There is no competition going on you know. By the end of the year, relatively few people will really care wich was the better simulation and a few years from now, no one will do perhaps except the developers who will be moving on to another project.

there is much less room for error! ArmA 2 simulates a whole countryside, with civilians, animals, and so on.... of course there are mor bugs, than in the first couple of levels in... ( put your favorite "shooter" here )

That would be a better argument if the bugs were related to the simulation of the countryside, civilians, animals and not general gameplay.

But it still wouldn't be a good argument. Why? Because bugs are not a necessary burden: they can be found and deleted with playtesting and debugging sessions. Players should not experience bugs.

A lot of other games also attempt very complex things, but I did not experience this amount of bugs on say, Crysis (both original and Warhead). Yet when Crysis came out, it simulated an entire island with soldiers and wildlife too! So did Far Cry 2! Or how about Fallout 3 or Oblivion, or to out-geek you, Outcast which simulated an entire population! These games were no where as bug-ridden as Arma 2.

But there is so much to see, so much to do, and so much to talk about in this game, that i for one, can look over the bugs.

Even if they make the game unplayable?

I didn't buy a game in the store just so I can play it six months afterwards, one all after-release patching is done. If I buy a game in the store, I expect to play it, let it be either a 2D arcade shooter or a 3D simulator.

But look, however at what they have achieved!

Yes, I do and I saw it all, but I also see (or at least, guess) the profound lack of testing.

I'm not saying that Arma 2 is bad all because of itself. I am saying that its archivements are overshadowed by its lack of polish. I have only played a few hours or so and I'm already finding bugs.

@Zixinus: again a comparison of a console game, to a pc simulation...epic fail !!

Hey, markushaze! Would you like to know what makes someone stupid on an online forum?

- A lack of proper capitalization and grammar even though the subject should be capapble of it.

- A complete inaptitude to argue, solely relying on tribalistic emotional appeal instead of any sense of logic or rational thought, and even a particular failure at even that.

- Bad reading comprahension.

- Trying to dodge the imminent angry reply by avoiding the subject's name but still replying to a subject's specific points.

- Tribalistic loyalty to a video game brand.

- Deliberate ignorance of costumer expectation, which is easy when you're not the one earning the money with what you buy your video games with.

- Ignorance on the history of the very same video game brand one's loyal to, even though a quick wiki on Operation Flashpoint: Cold War crisis quickly reveals that it was originally released for the PC!

- Trying to demostrate brand loyalty by bemoaning a competing brand!

Markus? Grow up.

Edited by Zixinus

To be honest, posting this poll in the bugs and troubleshooting forum is going to yield very slanted results towards a negative bias. The results can't be taken with any seriousness as a broad public opinion of the game.

Moderators have had plenty of oportunity to either start a new thread in general discussion or move this one. Anyway, im sure everyone has had to visit the troubleshooting thread for one reason or another. In fact with ArmA 2 this is prbably the most popular forum section.

You do realise that directly writing after my reply and directly replying to my points, stating quite clearly who you are talking to makes you look like any less of a spineless cowards?

I don't like to throw around insults, but seriously, what was I supposed to think? Do you think that by starting a reply by telling that you are not going to mention names and then replying to specific points will make me respect you? Make me respect your argument?

Boy, you have lost when you forgot to use the shift key.

No, seriously. Does your keyboard lack a shift key?

Are you suffering from some form of mental sickness that allows you to write words but not allow you to capitalise?

Because a quick glance on your specs tells me that you are not from inpoverished, third-world nation where your family is so poor that they can't afford a complete keyboard.

Do you lack a hand or some fingers? How are you able to play Arma2 then? Even if you were, I saw a woman who has only three fingers on each hand type properly.

The moment I didn't see a capital letter in complete sentances took my attitude to you from reasonable way down below most gutters. Why? Precisely because if you don't bother to write a reply to me properly, then I won't bother to give you any ground.

Here's a hint about arguments: expressing spite and insulting your opponent will not make him see your point.

Of course I do. It is a game meant to give a realistic (as possible) and open-ended approach to play a game about modern warfare.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed it but why do you think that just because you liked it, I should? Who are you? Why should I think that if you like it, I should do too?

Implying that I must be hallucinating to think that Arma2 is bad is not exactly an honest tactic and frankly, you've done it so badly that it wouldn't have been good if it were.

Because its not made by developers who's previous game was buggy as hell if not outright broken?

And no, not all of us know what you mean.

I have watched developer walktroughs of OF: DR and as far as I can tell, its not dumbed down, if anything, its smartened up.

The only thing that possibly be called "dumb down" is the interface, which is stupid, because it appears to be simplified.

Simplifying the interface so that the game could be played by a controller does not mean that the game itself is stupid or dumbed-down.

Besides, even if OF: DR turns out to be bad and just as bug-ridden, it would't excuse Arma2 from its own bugs and failures.

There is no competition going on you know. By the end of the year, relatively few people will really care wich was the better simulation and a few years from now, no one will do perhaps except the developers who will be moving on to another project.

That would be a better argument if the bugs were related to the simulation of the countryside, civilians, animals and not general gameplay.

But it still wouldn't be a good argument. Why? Because bugs are not a necessary burden: they can be found and deleted with playtesting and debugging sessions. Players should not experience bugs.

A lot of other games also attempt very complex things, but I did not experience this amount of bugs on say, Crysis (both original and Warhead). Yet when Crysis came out, it simulated an entire island with soldiers and wildlife too! So did Far Cry 2! Or how about Fallout 3 or Oblivion, or to out-geek you, Outcast which simulated an entire population! These games were no where as bug-ridden as Arma 2.

Even if they make the game unplayable?

I didn't buy a game in the store just so I can play it six months afterwards, one all after-release patching is done. If I buy a game in the store, I expect to play it, let it be either a 2D arcade shooter or a 3D simulator.

Yes, I do and I saw it all, but I also see (or at least, guess) the profound lack of testing.

I'm not saying that Arma 2 is bad all because of itself. I am saying that its archivements are overshadowed by its lack of polish. I have only played a few hours or so and I'm already finding bugs.

Hey, markushaze! Would you like to know what makes someone stupid on an online forum?

- A lack of proper capitalization and grammar even though the subject should be capapble of it.

- A complete inaptitude to argue, solely relying on tribalistic emotional appeal instead of any sense of logic or rational thought, and even a particular failure at even that.

- Bad reading comprahension.

- Trying to dodge the imminent angry reply by avoiding the subject's name but still replying to a subject's specific points.

- Tribalistic loyalty to a video game brand.

- Deliberate ignorance of costumer expectation, which is easy when you're not the one earning the money with what you buy your video games with.

- Ignorance on the history of the very same video game brand one's loyal to, even though a quick wiki on Operation Flashpoint: Cold War crisis quickly reveals that it was originally released for the PC!

- Trying to demostrate brand loyalty by bemoaning a competing brand!

Markus? Grow up.

I agree with you.

Tribalistic loyalty to a video game brand = Making you blind to the obvious

Those guys over at Codemasters is doing a good job and there game looks much better. I will be switching even if it is slightly arcadish becuase 20 FPS is a joke. It seems to me that BIS do not have there priorities in order as well. I cannot find any sort of loyalty to a game product when they put out an expension with this games current state. Sorry but this is way beyond the line of common sense in my opinion.

Above this post are two of the most childish posts. Zixinus' first post was fine and shouldn't have been flamed. His second post though, is rather childish and a deliberate attempt to start an arguement.

This post is not an attempt to start an arguement. This post is a response to all the posts above this one to say that;

A) Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

and

B) If someone disagrees, point them to A. If on the other hand, you want to insult them as much as possible to make yourself feel like a real (wo)man then you are as childish, if not more, than the original poster.

End result... Grow up

PS : Back on topic.

I love Arma 2, and yes the bugs do annoy me. I'm hoping, just as with Arma 1, that they'll be sorted out (preferably sooner than Arma 1), but in the mean time I'm still loving Arma 2.

As for my thoughts on OFP : DR, well, there's a forum/topic for that elsewhere. All discussions relating to that should be taken there.

I have had no real problems with ARMA2. I expected a few bugs, I would probably find more but I am really not into the campaign, I am into it for the MP and Editor. Ive had Operation Flashpoint since it first came out and it had bugs and got better and better as BI added patch after patch, it was worth waiting for, but some of us have different expectations, Like I said all fine with me and ARMA2. :yay: