Sign in to follow this  
mattyh1986

How Satisfied with Arma2 Are you??

How Satisfied with ARMA2 are you!?  

1194 members have voted

1. 1. How Satisfied with ARMA2 are you!?

• Extremely , Awesome game! no problems what so every
    • Good game, Some problems ive managed to over come now running smooth
    • Some problems but I just deal with it and get on, game is still enjoyable
    • Love the game but problem are sucking the fun from it
    • Completely unplayable, want my money back, desperatly need patches!
    • Given up will never buy BIS products again.

face the facts this game isnt fit for a retail release in this state.

If I am wrong check the responses in the votes of people unhappy with it.

My point about flashpoint 2 is one based on a game that will be finished and fit for retail.

Hey, it works fine for me. I understand others are having problems and that sucks but my initial point stands, OFP DR is not competition for A2 in terms of the type of game it is. Many people will buy it and enjoy it. Alex made a good point about that.

Concerning "facing the facts", as I already said, it works fine for me. The AI needs some work (and there are some other bits and pieces as well) but there are plenty of MMOs that released in a worse state than A2 did and you pay monthly for the priviledge of waiting for the problems to get fixed in that genre. Getting it stable across the many different configurations of PCs out there is taking some time but this is part and parcel when you are dealing with a game like A2.

Cheers,

Eth

Edited by BangTail

If I am wrong check the responses in the votes of people unhappy with it.

Thats only a true reading for ppl who use these forums.

I know of at least 12 ppl who dont even use these forums-to busy enjoying the game.

I play with 9 other mates that don't have any issues and don't use this forum, that said, remember that most people are here because they have a problem with the game, try going to a forum of a sporting team and hold a poll to see if they like that team or an opposing team more.

Edited by Bulldogs
Lousy spell auto-correction

I've seen many polls over the years on satisfaction of sims. I've never seen one with so much dissatisfaction. BIS you are failing miserably here.

;1406075']I've seen many polls over the years on satisfaction of sims. I've never seen one with so much dissatisfaction. BIS you are failing miserably here.

You say this now. Wait until they patch, the mods come out, etc. Then we'll see how accurate your statement is.

completely agree with Binkowski :) we had this problem with ARMA 1 but look at it now, most people get on with it fine (or are using ACE)

Right now my statement is 100% accurate and thats what matters and a patch just came out which if you are a steam user (never again btw) you are forced to install.

No I'm not using ACE. I'm yet another i7 / nVidia 200 series user who spent alot of money to get the most out of this sim and cant.

What makes it worse is BIS are acting like if they ignore you long enough the problem might just go away.

Edited by [Ice]

I know I keep repeating myself but you're saying that a poll asking if the game runs well in the troubleshooting section is acurate?

Think about it, if the game ran perfect for you off the bat... why would you even come here and see the poll?

I love the potential this game has. I absolutely resent the bugs even after the latest patch. I hate the performance issues. This game is just a big disappointment for me and I really held my tongue until after the 1.03xxx whatever version we're up to now.

I love ArmA2, but unfortunately, I will think twice next time before I buy any product from BIS in the future.

Twice and then some :(

Game has potential but the silly issues that are left, like shadows and lods that are broken, really kills the immersion and fun.

Well I now know the problem is STEAM. After a week of tearing my hair out and ranting in here. I went and purchased the DVD version and reinstalled. Guess what. Runs great now in XP. Windows 7 still crashes but not as often.

Lesson learnt: Dont touch STEAM products with a barge pole.

Good to hear you found a solution. I bought the Steam version and fortunately haven't had a problem with it, although the only reason I bought it is because I had the German version but the english version wasn't being released here for another 2 months after Steam release.

You say this now. Wait until they patch, the mods come out, etc. Then we'll see how accurate your statement is.

I run the game okay and only have minor issues with rubber banding in multiplayer. However, I find you're statement a complete joke. To put your statement into an analogy...............

I bought a brand new FORD. I get the keys and documents and walk out to the forecourt, unlock the car and get inside.....hmm, lovely new smell. I then insert the key into the ignition and fire it up.....awesome sound. I then try to adjust my seat and the mechanism doesnt work....bugger. It's just going dark and its raining so I turn on the lights and the wipers but the lights don't work and the wipers only work on intermittant. Never mind, I'm sure FORD will fix these niggles in a future recall of my motor. I then pull off while the ABS fault light on the dash keeps blinking its eye at me.

The point is that beta testing and quality assurance should have ironed out all the bugs before release. It's absolutely unnaceptable to pay for a product that is broken, displaying many many major issues that the developer SHOULD have sorted before release.

I'm a patient man but I do believe in delivering a quality product. Now I'm an aircraft technician who's trade it is to fix both airframes and engines. I'f I couldn't be arsed to fix everything properly before I released the aircraft to service then that would end up getting me imprisoned if it crashed. Now I know this isn't the same but BIS needs to get a grip of their QA and beta testing team and give them a good all round slapping!!

Edited by wobbly

To be fair to the BIS dev team I'm sure they were opposed to such an early release but we're oveRridden by the men in suits in the offices above them that funded the project. They needed to see a return for their investment before the rival game [ DR ] came out.

;1408359']Well I now know the problem is STEAM. After a week of tearing my hair out and ranting in here. I went and purchased the DVD version and reinstalled. Guess what. Runs great now in XP. Windows 7 still crashes but not as often.

Lesson learnt: Dont touch STEAM products with a barge pole.

I haven't had any issues with Arma 2 and steam. Sounds like Placebo to me.

Considering arma2 was supposed to be optimized in every aspect, especially the terrain, i can only say that BIS were kidding themselves.

Arma2 has been a major dissapointment for me.

I realy didnt expect the amount of issues that the game had on release. Call me naive, but i would of thought BIS would of learnt from the disaster of armed assault on release.

This game had been in prodution for 4 years or so. And it's released in a shit state.

Bring on dragon rising, at least it will work out of the box.

Very Satisfied, though I admit I liked the banana island of Arma 1 for the reason of simiplicity & urban combat (Corazol, Paraiso, even Cayo provided good fun). :D

Is the Iraq (or was it Afganistan) island out for Arma II? Tactical Gamer used to have some great missions on that island.

Also, I'm liking air combat/flight a lot more, since the introduction of proper AA defences; be damned Avengers. :D

I have spent more time fucking about with settings, patches, reboots, clean installs, various operating systems, vista32, win7, vista 64, all for nothing, it all boils down to the fact that this game has been rushed out and shipped not fit for retail.

I have no motivation to attempt the Manhattan campaign mission ever again after 6 complete restarts on the singleplayer campaign.

Having the audacity to announce expansion packs for a broken game is a bit too much.

Fix ARMA 2 please

I have spent more time fucking about with settings, patches, reboots, clean installs, various operating systems, vista32, win7, vista 64, all for nothing, it all boils down to the fact that this game has been rushed out and shipped not fit for retail.

I feel sorry for you, but if ur running vista that could be ur issue.

I haven't had any problems with arma2 at all. This game has not been rushed they have been working on this game since probably back before armed assault.

A game like this will have its bugs as it is a sandbox game, i dont have any problems except now i got a sound distortion like what others have been saying which i didn't have til i applied patch 1.03.

Been long time fan since OFP 2001. Arma 2 is in alot better shape than armed assault was and way alot better shape when OFP first came out.

the misc things you guys are having are computer relalted, operataing system exc.,

Other than the sound distortion the game runs perfect.

I have windows xp

with nividia 260

2 gigs ram

1.80cpu (ya i know its a peice of crap, came with the motherboard)

But i can almost run arma2 maxed out.

more patches will be out to fix the issues, dont get angry get smart and report the errors and issues in the buglist, they will be fixed.

Other than the sound distortion the g.....

And like it was in the ol' days it is now: BI fixed the sound bug with the new BETA Patch a few days ago - search for BETA! :)

Game runs gloriously fine for me - yesterday evening a nice 35 vs 36 Bezerk-game for me and: for hours and hours ! :)

Desperatly need patches!

But i don't want my money back. I believe it will be better with time.

edit:

more patches will be out to fix the issues, dont get angry get smart and report the errors and issues in the buglist, they will be fixed.

I hope your right, i reported 2 bugs, one affects my game play while in vehicle gunner and they were not solved yet. This problem was never solved and it cames from OFP era, sadly.

Edited by bravo 6

I love this game, except the bugs :-)

One thing I hate though is the fact that during a radio message you cannot give orders to your soldiers...

If I'm in a chopper and I want my gunner to change weapon, is it really normal I have to wait until that guy stops talking to do so ? The tank will already be far away or will have shot me down before. That's one of the most annoying things for me.

Currently stuck on mission 5 manhattan in the COOP campaign and cannot move on... massive desync/lag prevents us from playing (not related to connection).

Disappointed now!