Sign in to follow this  
mattyh1986

How Satisfied with Arma2 Are you??

How Satisfied with ARMA2 are you!?  

1194 members have voted

1. 1. How Satisfied with ARMA2 are you!?

• Extremely , Awesome game! no problems what so every
    • Good game, Some problems ive managed to over come now running smooth
    • Some problems but I just deal with it and get on, game is still enjoyable
    • Love the game but problem are sucking the fun from it
    • Completely unplayable, want my money back, desperatly need patches!
    • Given up will never buy BIS products again.

It's a great idea and I am in love with the game. The producers should have hired better or at least more programmers though...

Don't blame the developers, it is not their decision, when a game is released. Blame the management, they take those decisions...

In all honesty I blame both the devs and the managment. I also blame myself for not waiting until this game is 19.95 before buying because that is all this game is worth in its current state. In the future there will be no purchasing of Bohemia's games until a year after release. Purchasing before that will equal more time tweaking than playing.

Sorry fanboys ;)

Sorry, but using an old engine with just better graphics, selling as a "new game", stealing my money for beta testing (germany) and providing a game which is (again; ArmA 1) not able to run stable in the multiplayer is a gall, nothing more.

Next time I will wait for tests before I buy a BIS game. I am very very disappointed.

Besides of tons of bugs there are many more points why I will never buy and support such a game again.

Not only the prevention against illegal copies, it is also the cheater community which comes with the SAME engine like ArmA 1 again.

...Memory Hacks, hack-addons and whatever.

As a manager of Sahrani Life and Chernarus Life a nightmare.

Then that there is no real dedicated server files. It is a joke or? How should we run a server with many scripts when the graphic is rendered by a dedicated server? Sry guys, but you missed it (again).

I hope some things will be better after patches, but the fucking lagging server when JIP seems just to be the only thing which is not fixable... But who wants a lag-free game... in vain.

//edit

BTW: the game costs @amazon only EUR 29,97, and I know why.

http://www.amazon.de/HMH-Hamburger-Medien-Haus-Assault/dp/B001BDUTXI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1248606078&sr=8-1

Edited by JaKe.OnE

I voted "Good game" (The second from the top).

To me ArmA 2 is a great experience, better than ArmA 1.

AI simulation, pathfinding and graphics are really improved and stable.

In SP campaign some major problems occurs, but I managed to finish once the campaing (full victory!) and I enjoyed the last mission!.

SP mission "Manhattan" was the toughest I have ever played in a videogame: a nightmare. I encountered missing artillery and missing support bug.... But I finished regularly twice !

At last: I played with the editor yesterday and I enjoyed how easy is to create a SP mission: no videogame in the market allow that. :)

I voted "Good game" (The second from the top).

AI simulation, pathfinding and graphics are really improved and stable.

Huh? Are you playing the same game? After 1.02 patch the AI pathfinding is still just as horrifying. My CO in Mission 2 went prone after getting injured and never got back up, forcing me to restart. Second time an allied HMV got stuck on the train tracks before finally running me and my whole crew over in a fit of rage. Now I cant even play the game without BSOD. With these bugs its unplayable.

Huh? Are you playing the same game? After 1.02 patch the AI pathfinding is still just as horrifying. My CO in Mission 2 went prone after getting injured and never got back up, forcing me to restart. Second time an allied HMV got stuck on the train tracks before finally running me and my whole crew over in a fit of rage. Now I cant even play the game without BSOD. With these bugs its unplayable.

Yep, I think I am also playing a different game to you.

Thou, if a member is injured or even yourself, you cannot stand up due to being wounded untill healed ..not sure how you would say thats a bug ?

Had 0 BSOD's or crashes since DL the german version and both patches.

Even had a killer of a custom mission (well just a silly mass destruction setup with everything set to Vhigh) with about 100+ choppers and many tanks and inf that makes my rig crawl @ 1-2 fps with all 4 cores sitting around 80-100%, and even that will not crash my system (takes about 5 mins for frames to increase but fun to watch).

Again thou, I think this thread should be in general .. maybe it can get moved ?

Love the game but problem are sucking the fun from it

That's my vote... This is the best game ever made. But endless crashes, lags, bugs and chunkyness is really killing it most times. It's so hard to immerse yourself in the game when the performance of it is so awful,

I'm sure most of the critical bugs will be taken care of eventually (history tells us), but it's sad BIS missed out on all the reviews and that they are constantly loosing many new players due to a game that doesn't seem to be finished.

Thou, if a member is injured or even yourself, you cannot stand up due to being wounded untill healed ..not sure how you would say thats a bug ?

When I am wounded I wait for one minute, and if none of my team heals me, I revert to an earlier save point.

I have not problem in reloading quite often the game (i get used when I played Stalker...).

I simply ty to not get wounded. :)

To be honest, I like ArmA 2. It is not perfect, but the mission Editor is great, and I evaluated it a lot.

Therefore I chose the option "Good game...".:)

I voted "had trouble but smooth now." Of course this game caused me to put about $250US into upgrading my rig, but it was so worth it for the best MILSIM bar none. I was in Best Buy the other day and I saw a guy about my age (40) with about 5 modern combat games in his hand and I just had to tell him that Arma 2 would do everything those games do and with more realism to boot! I will probably buy OPF2, but for the real deal, it's gotta be Arma 2. Yes the voice acting could be better, and I never heard a Marine call a buddy "mate," but the tactics, radio traffic, and the battle plan turning to crap on contact are all there. I thought that not being able to talk to the Cobras above my head was unrealistic at first, but after researching it, that is actually the case! I am VERY satisfied! Thanks BIS!

Even if I can get the crashes under control (which I think Ive managed to do) they still drive into houses and cant flank around corners without getting mowed. Well the AI doesnt run better on your PC than mine.

I haven't been this pissed about spending money on a game in a very long time. Yet at the same time its my favorite...

Just needs to.... you know.... be playable...

I haven't been this pissed about spending money on a game in a very long time. Yet at the same time its my favorite...

Just needs to.... you know.... be playable...

Like the Latin poet Catullus : "Odi et Amo" :)

I'm pretty happy with the game, The single player campaign has a good amount of issues, but that's really my only problem with the game. In fact, for SP I only mess around in the editor, and never anything complicated. I really don't mind this too much as I prefer to play MP coop mostly, with good teamwork this game is pretty awesome.

For me, Arma 2 shines in MP. At max res for my monitor, 20-30 fps with a graphics setting that looks good to me (NO PP). On MP server's with grass disabled, I'm usually in the 30-40 range. I've even seen 60 at times.

I have found that I have to lower the visuals in sp missions, but since I don't play these too often it doesn't bother me much. Also, I don't know anything about these crash issues, considering I can only think of 1 time the game crashed, and I'm 99% sure that was a TS issue.

Thought I'd put my .02 in, and let BIS know this game does actually work (pretty well) for some of us out here. I did rebuild my system specifically for A2, but considering it had been >3 years since my last build, I didn't mind the upgrade.

Here's some info:

AMD Phenom II 940, oc'd to 3.7

HIS HD 4890 @ 950/1050

4 GB ddr2 1033

Playing @ 1920x1080

Settings: High - Very High

Video Memory: Default

PP: off

I was wanting proper Warfare, with UAVs, artillery the works... but that Superpowers thing just plain sucked...

20/40 fps.

with

c2d e6400

2Go ram

HD3850 512Mo

XP Sp3

1280*1024 75hz, all settings in normal, viewdistance : 1600m. It's more beautiful than Arma, and I got the same game overall speed.

BUT : just can't play because of this ******* sweet receiving issue :O

I'm an old BIS game player, so I don't ask for more fps, I know I don't need more. Just need a more stable memory management, I presume...

is 1280x1024 your native resolution? what teaks have you done to achieve this fps?

is 1280x1024 your native resolution? what teaks have you done to achieve this fps?

I have a CRT screen, without native resolution.

No particular tweak, post process on low, terrain detail on low, other stuffs on normal.

I want to love this game so much. OFP was amazing back in the day, I skipped ArmA 1 and then I got this. I loved the demo but performance was not great so I finally decided to build a new computer. I dropped about $1,600 into Newegg and bought the game. I played painfully on old computer waiting for parts to arrive.

Parts finally arrived, I build the new system, get it all running and stable and happy...

ArmA 2 campaign won't work. And performance isn't all that greatly improved.

Whenever I start the campaign (my saves are sitting on some random hard drive in my closet) it'll either crash outright, or it'll wait until I've been playing for about 1-2 minutes then crash. I haven't messed about in the scenarios too much, so I only have the campaign to go off of.

(Boot camp doesn't seem to crash, so that's how I know performance is not too great either)

Performance: I went from a Core 2 Duo E4500 (or something to that effect) with an 8800GTS 320MB to a Core i7 920 with a GTX 285 1GB. I can crank the graphics up more than on the old system, but it still freezes for a half second every 30 seconds or so (not fun in a chopper). I tried the full suite of tweaks but nothing has fixed the crashes or the freezes. It's like, the game is smooth as silk for 29 seconds, then freezes for a second, then smooth again.

Combine those two together and I'm an unhappy camper. To top it off, I took tomorrow off work to play on my beautiful new machine...but I can't even get ArmA 2 to work. Sadness overwhelms my soul.

I want to vote for the really bad option, but I don't really want a refund...I just want the game to get fixed.

Bah.

PS I apologize for the rambling nature of this post, I am running on a heavy sleep deficit.

PPS What's with the banana? Creepy. :yay:

EDIT: Just installed the Win7 RC. It appears that it may have made all my problems disappear. <3

Edited by chuckles

Same here, I want to love it, but multiplayer isn't possible for me. I have performance problems as well, but the neverending "receiving" flashing is really killing it for me. ESC usually doesn't work, and alt+F4 for a forced shutdown ends in a crash. When ESC works, I have to restart the game to rejoin, or I will end up in "receiving" loop again. Typically happens after about 15 minutes of playtime.

Unplayable for now. Giving up on 1.02, but will check out 1.03 naturally.

Why does everyone complain about bugs in arma 2?, there is a lot but hardly noticable!

Why does everyone complain about bugs in arma 2?, there is a lot but hardly noticable!

Ummm you are just contradicting yourself.

Lets just say I've started playing other games a lot more and havn't even touched arma 2 in two weeks...