Sign in to follow this  
FlameAble

Jump over fences/walls?

Just wondering if its possible to jump/climb over small walls, fences and such. Searching the forums gave me some conflicting answers as to wether or not this is possible, and how I would do it if it is. Only have the demo yet so no manual to look in. :confused:

if your using the default keys, i believe its the "V" key.

if your using the default keys, i believe its the "V" key.

Hes right. It looks pretty cool too.

It looks pretty cool when you're going over the fence.

But when you accidentally press it while running, it looks quite stupid. Yes, it'll play regardless of where you are, even if you're 20 miles from a fence :p

Well the absence of a fence doesn't exactly impede one's ability to scissor jump does it? It's a nice feature. Good thing you can't just go around leaping into the air to avoid bullets too. That would be lame.

i think the implementation of a "jump" function in arma2 is perfect. its useful but can't be abused. well done.

only thing u can't do with it is clib over low obstacles but these kinda obstacles are so rare that i doesnt bother me that much.

Is there a jump/hop command in ArmA 2, I didnt find any but I think its weird that in such an accurate war sim you dont get to basically, yeah, hop.

Why would you need to hop at all? If you need to get over a fence or wall then go up to it an press "v". There is no real need to hop or jump anywhere or over anything.

Is there a jump/hop command in ArmA 2, I didnt find any but I think its weird that in such an accurate war sim you dont get to basically, yeah, hop.

Search before posting please.

In CoD4&5 it is done quite well too. I dont mean normal jump but when you come to bench or small wall you press jump and the character does a nice move, going over. Something like that would be better I think becouse your head is not so high above ground when doing it. There is another thing. With the sort of jump that we have now you cant go over wide gas pipes. If they would enable you to do so it would look ridiculous becouse your legs would be in the pipe for a moment as they are with wider walls and such. BUT, its way better then in A1.

What is sad though is that AI just walk through walls, fences, pipelines etc, they never jump over anything,. You can even tell your AI comrades to enter a non enterable building, not a bad feature in itself can make for an ambush.

But AI also wont follow me up stairs in the open like in the factory area even though I keep telling them to return to formation they just hang around below me.

I think to call ARMA2 a simulator is not correct until they fix these tpes of things.

I'd like to see you jump with 30 kilograms (66.14 pounds) on your back.

Guys... but dont you think stop after running to a fence. And "v" the fence is silly? By you momentum, your can leap over it! A sudden stop looks silly.....:j:

I dont mind the way it goes over little fences atm, may look alil silly but it works, what I'd like is a way to 'climb' over walls and taller fences (preferably with help from a mate), it takes some time and thus your vunerable, but would mean a wall isnt impossible to pass, just very risky.

I think it would be cool to kind of fall over a fence. If you are in combat and you run up to a wall and dive/fall over it, leaving you in prone position. Imagine it!

Nicolai