Sign in to follow this  
Tiglet

Is it legal for me too...

Download a copy of ARMAII from the internet(not steam) or get it of another guy's HD and buy an official CD-Key on the internet from websites that sell actual legit keys?

Edited by Placebo

some of the prices on that website are extremly low, I doubt is authentic, or would work on Steam

Well, the game is availabe to buy on g2play. So we can only assume that BIS or a publisher has given them the green light. Else, they have a lot of questions to answer.

well I bought a CD key and its working fine, so its authentic. I did this for my COD4 too and it has never failed me. I can play on any server and nothing on the game tells me its illegal or doesnt work so... guess I'm alright then.

Fade only kicks in when you have a banned CD-KEY anyway... I can just use a no-cd crack (which isn't illegal at all) and play the game with my bought cd-key.

I was always under the impression that people who sold these keys just stole them (wrote them down) from retail stores.

Fade only kicks in when you have a banned CD-KEY anyway... I can just use a no-cd crack (which isn't illegal at all) and play the game with my bought cd-key.

Are you certain about that? I'm pretty sure that altering any files, including using no-DVD "fixes" could trigger FADE. Not sure if having a "legit" cd-key would save you there.

well its not actually a no-cd crack in this case, can't talk about it though. But I've read on loads of sites that banned cd-keys trigger fade for sure. People with legal cd-keys aren't having fade troubles... so I can only assume that my legit key will save me the FADE hassle.

Hi Tiglet

Only buy from reputable retailers.

Other wise you may be buying a fake or illegal version that will Fade.

Regards walker

No it's not legal in the slightest.