Sign in to follow this  
ShaiCZ

Done with Bohemia Interactive! READ IT BI!

Well we all know this thread will be locked soon.

Like many I rushed out and bought the German game (This is what loyal fans do).

Now I fully expected there to be bugs, but seriously aside from the performance issues (YES I EXPECT MY TOP OF RANGE PC TO GET OVER 25-30 Fps in MP), There are major crash bugs everywhere.

I have tried to play Single Player -> pretty much get 3-4 CTD when I play later missions, or other issues with AI etc. So SP is not playable, though with Multi Saves its made it a little easier.

Now I am sorry, but this making of excuses for developers is not on. Its because of this attitude that we are handed big piles of steaming shit and we take them with a smile.

The "give them time" excuse does not work, what were they doing for the last 2-3 years of development time? If they could not finish on time, they should delay it. Or if you blame the publisher, perhaps realise that they agreed to the dates. If I ran any of my projects like this I wouldn't have a job. This is not acceptable in any other industry, and I certainly hope people don't make it acceptable in the gaming industry.

EDIT: ANd if you really think about it, they wanted to (probably needed to) come to market first and beat Op FLash2. Now this may or may not be the case but....

The excuse that they are a small team is no good either - If you're too small to handle a project don't do it, or get extra help. I don't know how many beta testers that had in this game, but clerarly they were insufficient.

HAVING said all this, I love the OpF and ARMA concept and I am patient. I do know BIS does support games well after their launch (well it takes them this long to get them playabale), and I know the commuity is probably one of the largest most mature modding communities in any product around in the gaming.

I certainly hope that in the coming month 99% of these issues will be sorted, and I do wish BIS well as I certainly hope to see products from them in the future. But I do hope they learnt after their last 2 games that they need more time to

1) Develop the game

2) Alpha/Beta test the game etc.

So the next game I play from BIS will feel like a finished product rather then something that I pay to beta test.

Anyway I think I have said my piece, but this fanboism has to be curbed, you can't go making excuses.. good old saying is - excuses are like assholes, every one has one.

Edited by FraG_AU

I have had 0 problems with the game, actually. Lovin it.

lol why r u on a troubleshooting forum for the game when urs works great. is the game that bad? ..really I dont know i cant play multiplayer yet and singleplayer AI is a jokescapade

@ethne

1. If you don't have any problems with the game go play it.

2. If you come on the TROUBLESHOOTING forums why don't you help someone instead of being absolutely useless and telling people to move on and go play consoles.

Bahahahahaha Fanboy! That's funny. Not even close and have I played BF2? I'm a long time PR Player. Check my posts and you'll see that I am plenty critical of BIS.

A2 DOES NOT run fine for me under Vista 64 or Win 7 64 but all of your bitching will accomplish nothing. A2 is a work in progress, deal with it or move on!

Eth

What if i wanna bitch?

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

O yeah , last thing any one remember this from their steam advertising?

"Building on 10 years of constant engine development, ARMA II boasts the most realistic combat environment in the world"

Guess they were kidding :(

ALSO

.OS: Windows XP or Windows Vista

Processor: Quad Core CPU or fast Dual Core CPU (Intel Core 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or faster)

Memory: 2 GB RAM

Graphics: Fast GPU (Nvidia Geforce 8800GT or ATI Radeon 4850 or faster) with Shader Model 3 and 512 or more MB VRAM

Hard Drive: 10 GB free HDD space

Is the recommended specs..guess what most of us have something close to that ( thats recommened meaning you get close to top performance with those settings.... i exceed those settings 10 fold and i can barley play the game on HIGH settings. Soooooo yeah 99.99999% is the developer :/

Well we all know this thread will be locked soon.

Like many I rushed out and bought the German game (This is what loyal fans do).

Now I fully expected there to be bugs, but seriously aside from the performance issues (YES I EXPECT MY TOP OF RANGE PC TO GET OVER 25-30 Fps in MP), There are major crash bugs everywhere.

I have tried to play Single Player -> pretty much get 3-4 CTD when I play later missions, or other issues with AI etc. So SP is not playable, though with Multi Saves its made it a little easier.

Now I am sorry, but this making of excuses for developers is not on. Its because of this attitude that we are handed big piles of steaming shit and we take them with a smile.

The "give them time" excuse does not work, what were they doing for the last 2-3 years of development time? If they could not finish on time, they should delay it. Or if you blame the publisher, perhaps realise that they agreed to the dates. If I ran any of my projects like this I wouldn't have a job. This is not acceptable in any other industry, and I certainly hope people don't make it acceptable in the gaming industry.

EDIT: ANd if you really think about it, they wanted to (probably needed to) come to market first and beat Op FLash2. Now this may or may not be the case but....

The excuse that they are a small team is no good either - If you're too small to handle a project don't do it, or get extra help. I don't know how many beta testers that had in this game, but clerarly they were insufficient.

HAVING said all this, I love the OpF and ARMA concept and I am patient. I do know BIS does support games well after their launch (well it takes them this long to get them playabale), and I know the commuity is probably one of the largest most mature modding communities in any product around in the gaming.

I certainly hope that in the coming month 99% of these issues will be sorted, and I do wish BIS well as I certainly hope to see products from them in the future. But I do hope they learnt after their last 2 games that they need more time to

1) Develop the game

2) Alpha/Beta test the game etc.

So the next game I play from BIS will feel like a finished product rather then something that I pay to beta test.

Anyway I think I have said my piece, but this fanboism has to be curbed, you can't go making excuses.. good old saying is - excuses are like assholes, every one has one.

whats in the application crash logs when you CTD ?

There's a lot of people playing this game fine. If you check sales against the amount of people posting on this forums you'll find that there's about 2-5% of the people who bought Arma 2 posting here.

That said, I didn't state that all your problems were user error. I'm just saying that some are user error, some are system error (hardware, software, drivers, etc) and some are incompatibility problems with the game.

If you try everything and fail, then the best you can do is post your problem/s in one of the relevent threads and hope it's fixed.

Coming out and insulting the developers because it amuses you is a step down in the social department.

lol , no bulldog , only 2-5% thats a decent margin for a game like this to come and complain. You know 95% of the other people havin problems dont post because they are fed up with it and just quit , the dont know where to go , could care less , and most of all probably have more patience than us. It doesnt matter , 5% of the buyers is a lot of people for a game like this any how. Also considering i have the regular market stuff you can easily pick up and just order without any search at all , its the developers 100%. its not my responsibility to get the game compatible with anything , i just have the pay it and play the game and do NOTHING extra , so bulldog why dont ya take a hike? Considering you have know nothing about customer satisfaction.

Thats why also bulldog this game has a 75/100 rating score and if you notice EVERYONE OF THEM mention the bugs and the playability. Red several 3rd party reviews as well from gaming sights and so forth , not just off steam , and they mention the bugs and issuies to , and how they couldnt even play the game on Very High. The game has a lot of potential but sucks atm since its hard to play with bs AI and graphic resources.

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

Yes the game runs fine on Medium to Low settings no AA and all that, but the people get none of the goodies that pay 3-5k for their rigs should be getting I mean i am 90% graphics on games to be honest UNLESS ITS OVERLORD 2 that game is so fun but yeah , i could care less for ae game if i cant play it on the highest settings , thats just the way i am and i pay the money i work for to do it.

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

SO yet again let me vent , the GAME RUNS FINE on MEDIUM to LOW settings , but as i stated above i could care less , we should be able to the game on the highest possible settings without it screwing up , and its not possible on any rig pretty much (from the reviews i been reading they state they cant run it on the highest settings , and when they did they took still shots for screenshots , so yeah i dont play games on Low or medium just Very High or very close to that , and it ruins the game for me if i cant. Ok ill stop spamming and venting.

To all the people experienceing problems with the game please take the time to vote in theses 2 threads in the general section of the forum 1.02 stability and satisfaction surveys, if you haven't already.

The developers actually cared enough to start these threads to help gauge the level of satisfaction with the game including and prior to the 1.02 patch.

Some of us who post in troubleshooting are her to try and help those that are experienceing problems because we've had the same ones or don't have any at all (we lucky few).

I know what it's like to buy a game that you can't get to run no matter what you do, EA and some Ubi titles come to mind but I'm not going there.

The more constructive the post the more likely you are to get a response that will try and aid you with your problem, possibly from a developer too.

Maybe the forum just needs a venting avenue for frustration with getting the game to run where you can get it off you chest and feel better if only for a little while.

Thats why also bulldog this game has a 75/100 rating score and if you notice EVERYONE OF THEM mention the bugs and the playability. Red several 3rd party reviews as well from gaming sights and so forth , not just off steam , and they mention the bugs and issuies to , and how they couldnt even play the game on Very High. The game has a lot of potential but sucks atm since its hard to play with bs AI and graphic resources.

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

Yes the game runs fine on Medium to Low settings no AA and all that, but the people get none of the goodies that pay 3-5k for their rigs should be getting I mean i am 90% graphics on games to be honest UNLESS ITS OVERLORD 2 that game is so fun but yeah , i could care less for ae game if i cant play it on the highest settings , thats just the way i am and i pay the money i work for to do it.

And what are your specs ?

Oh and how did you go with crysis when it first came out.. given that there was NO HARDWARE that could run it maxed > 1680/1920 ? even now .. with quad SLI 2600x res still makes rigs roll over and scream.. look up quad gtx295 benchmarks...

TBH I think you have an unrealistic expectations without taking any other factors into account. Like .. what other game is close to the complexation of A2 as far as number of units / landmass / physics / graphics all in one bundle ?

Even been in the MS Flight sim scene.. and see how that used to be a mother on hardware ?

Or Falcon 4 when it was released..lol you want to talk about killing machines .. that dynamic campaign engine.. (would love to see it evolve to new games / sims)

Oh, what about Oblivion... same story... 1680+ Max when released...nope... not for a good time..

again, unrealistic expectations...

Oh and I run mostly high / vhigh with 125% fill and 4K view in A2 nice and smooth thank you very much, on a machine thats way less than 5K rofl.

I'm not saying it's all good, as I've mentioned before, for some people the game isn't working at all, hence why the game was released roughly 2 weeks ago and since then there's been 3 patches.

So attacking BIS and saying they don't do anything is a bit blind and childish. Sucks to be you, but have some patients and maybe the world won't end... maybe.

lol , no bulldog , only 2-5% thats a decent margin for a game like this to come and complain. You know 95% of the other people havin problems dont post because they are fed up with it and just quit , the dont know where to go , could care less , and most of all probably have more patience than us. It doesnt matter , 5% of the buyers is a lot of people for a game like this any how. Also considering i have the regular market stuff you can easily pick up and just order without any search at all , its the developers 100%. its not my responsibility to get the game compatible with anything , i just have the pay it and play the game and do NOTHING extra , so bulldog why dont ya take a hike? Considering you have know nothing about customer satisfaction.

Source please ?

And you see to have no knowledge of previous game release from every other company that has had issues / problems.

Compared to oh lets see.

Bioshock (if you know what your talking about, you would know what the threadnought and many many bans / locks were about)

Crysis

Oblivion

Farcry 2 - the hate on that release was impresive

AoC

AO - If you don't understand this one .. then you really have no idea.

Again, you just seem to have very unrealistic expectations ..

And you do seem to be just stamping your foot and having a tanty... fun to watch thou

MPBR , i play crysis 100% maxed out with graphics mod. ( ALso i didnt play Crysis when it first came out because of that reason)

I have:

2 GTX 295s Coop Hydro

I7 975 Over Clocked to 4.8 Ghz (8 Processors)

12 Gigs of Cosair Dominator ram

2x 250 GB 10000 RPM HD Western Gamer - 1 TB HD 7200 RPM

Windows Vista 64 Bit

Water Cooled system (GPU,CPU,RAM)

Killer Network Card

Mother board is of course the X58 SLI Hydro Cooper

1200 Watt power supply

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

I could play AOC VERY QUICKLY on Very high settings and very easily , BIOSHOCK got for 360, Farcry had no problems playing on Highest settings , Oblivion HAD no problems on highest settings

Edited by Winkl_BOttOm

Of course i dont just buy games within 5 seconds of their release usually i am still busy with another game , here recently hasnt been to many games released and i get bored fairly quickly , so im stuck with waiting on AA3 and ARMA 2

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

I am going to college and working 2 jobs so im not ashamed to brag a little , i worked my butt off for that rig and i got very upset at this game.

Winkl your system is very good, if you dont get like 150fps with highest settings in arma 2 then shame on BIS.

Of course i dont just buy games within 5 seconds of their release usually i am still busy with another game , here recently hasnt been to many games released and i get bored fairly quickly , so im stuck with waiting on AA3 and ARMA 2

Well AA3.. may want to hold off on that for a while.

Ok, it's obvious this is just a massive rant/complaint thread, so I'm locking this here.

Feedback can be posted here.

Closing.