Sign in to follow this  
ShaiCZ

Done with Bohemia Interactive! READ IT BI!

Sadly it seems to be more commonplace that games are being released with major problems in them..

I too have seen lots of AI helicopter pilots crashing into the trees and stuff. Happened in the campaign when I told the heli pilot to pick me up in an open field, he flew low over the trees coming to get me, when the trees were at least 1km away. Also, in multiplayer with stuff like evo, I've noticed it a lot. Helicopters are no real threat because half the time they're bouncing off trees and buildings, same for the Ai that flys the big SU-34, usually flies in low for a strafing run but some how doesn't power up it's engines and just glides into the ground.

I've also seen the thing with slow loading/rendering textures, people may think it's something to do with drivers or hardware but it was something that happened alot in Arma 1 too and is a problem with the game.

2 different friends of mine, with 2 compleltey different high end PC's have this. I mean it's not game breaking, the textures do load eventually but it's not a few seconds, it's more like 10. I have an Nvidia card, another friend has ATI and then my other friend has an SLI Nvidia card, all top of the range yet we all experience this problem? It's the game. :)

Can't say I've experience Ai teammates not responding to orders though..maybe once or twice in multipalyer when I told them to get out of a vehicle but I have to ask them a few times.

Sure, this game will be improved with patches, just like they did with Arma 1 but it's kind of a sad area we're going to when games aren't release with no problems. Sure, a glitch here and there but things like these would be noticed in beta testing and probably reported but not fixed...why?

I sympathise with disgruntled customers.

This is by far the worst developed game I have ever purchased.

Can I have your stuff ?

Seriously grow some danglies. Things will be fixed in time.

wied.. cos every other game works properly but this one lol....

no it's not weird because not every game is created using the same DX distributable...

how can i/others check if they got the latest direct x9, and installed it properly?? do you have to delete previous ones...
You can just install over your older versions, it adds/modifies all the necessary files
these questions would i hoped be on a sticky somewhere but not, and the one with direct x issue only about the game not installing and nothin to do with how to download/where to install ect ect.

So in the probably 5 minutes it took to write this you could have used the search to ask the same question and gotten plenty of results

Just find the latest ver. from the MS website and install...pretty damn easy

Not going to bother getting much into the arguement about a game working for 90% of the players and etc etc, just wanted to put a quick point in about the common crash with x3d file, that crash is directx related as mentioned, but it's army accessing a new directx binary that isn't often used.

The crash occurs because arma is attempting to access a feature that low grade sound can't access. This is a bug inthe directx subroutines that has been fixed in the most recent directx build, but in some cases updating the directx doesn't fix it, this being due to the os arguing with the directx installer.

There are some support forums that will help you fix the issue through other means.

Oh, one other thing, a lot if frustration I've seen people have with seemingly unfixable problems they've later contacted me telling me they discovered the problem was with windows 7 and going back to vista fixed it, as I keep telling them, a release candidate is still a beta and hasn't been released for a reason.

Bulldogs , please dont make a stupid speculation on 90% of the people , a lot of us are pissed off as it is , i have one of the best systems you can get right now and i have problems , stop blaming it on the user , its the client and their release , it needs time to be fixed but it sucks when you have your hopes up. Also your asking people to wait when the world doesnt wait , everyone is use to right then and there , and we expect no difference from the gaming industry , so yeah its the world today.

Oh, one other thing, a lot of frustration I've seen people have with seemingly unfixable problems they've later contacted me telling me they discovered the problem was with windows 7 and going back to vista fixed it, as I keep telling them, a release candidate is still a beta and hasn't been released for a reason.

/sign

As much as I use it, Windows 7 is a beta/RC and will not be available to the general public until October the 22nd, 2009. Yes, many games work perfectly under Win 7 but that doesnt change the fact that it is a Beta/RC.

The best performance (and the one I am sticking with as far as A2 goes) I have achieved under XP-64.

Eth

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

Bulldogs , please dont make a stupid speculation on 90% of the people , a lot of us are pissed off as it is , i have one of the best systems you can get right now and i have problems , stop blaming it on the user , its the client and their release , it needs time to be fixed but it sucks when you have your hopes up. Also your asking people to wait when the world doesnt wait , everyone is use to right then and there , and we expect no difference from the gaming industry , so yeah its the world today.

I have a system that is similar to yours and I have no issues under XP 64. If you cant deal with it, move on.

Cheers,

Eth

Edited by BangTail

Ethne why dont you shutup? I want to play the game and i have a right not to deal with it , i payed for it.

Ethne why dont you shutup? I want to play the game and i have a right not to deal with it , i payed for it.

You don't have any "rights" as far as A2 goes. And there is no need for your childish attitude.

Regards,

Eth

That was a stupid remark..i dont have any rights ? lol

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

It was actually dumber than my remark :/

Both sides are littered with childish behaviour. You get one or two people coming in complaining that the game is rubbish because of several bugs comparing it to other games.

Then you get these people who are lucky and havn't experienced the big problems. Who just come on here and throw abuse at people, telling them to move on to arcade shooters. I've played many shooters, and I quickly get bored with the arcade shooters. It's only ofp and arma that have lasted the test of time with me.

I was really hyped up for the release of Arma 2 just like I was with Arma 1. Only to face gameplay problems which make it tiresome to play. And when I and others try to highlight these problems (so they can be sorted), we get shot down and are told to move on. I am sorry but that is not the attitude, and some people on here need to take their head out of their ass.

I will keep trying, and hoping for fixes. So I can shoot an AI soldier more than 30 yards away. I just wish I could be one of the lucky ones and then I could start playing with the editor and enjoy the game.

haha "have patience it will be fixed in time."

then i propose that for every day that passes that it is not fixed... Bohemian crapshody pay me $5.00 a day back of the 49.00 + tax that I paid for this ball of bugs.

fair enough? I will supply my paypal account name to any admin willing to begin my payment.

Seems like ethne is just a blind fanboy. Just cos it runs fine for you doesnt mean this thing is good for everyone else. If i was working at say EB Games store, i'd feel bad selling this product to people in its current state.

BIS shouldnt have released it yet, thats for sure.

Also, stop saying OFP2 is a BF2 clone. Have you even played BF2? The gameplay is totally different than what we have seen in OFP2 videos. If anything it reminds me strongly of the old ghost recons (good times be had back then).

Now to get back into trying to fix the pile of problems im having with arma2. Maybe i'll be happy once i finally get the thing to work decently, but man this is beyond frustrating. MMORPG's are the only games that are allowed to have this many issues on release. FPS games should be fine out of the box since they are much smaller projects. Im sure OFP2 will be perfectly fine just like every other game codies make.

Edited by boomar.

/sign

As much as I use it, Windows 7 is a beta/RC and will not be available to the general public until October the 22nd, 2009. Yes, many games work perfectly under Win 7 but that doesnt change the fact that it is a Beta/RC.

The best performance (and the one I am sticking with as far as A2 goes) I have achieved under XP-64.

and, just to put things into perspective, when windows 7 is public - guess what- itll be buggy and some things will not work.... and that has been in the making for longer and has a slightly larger company working on it...

it all comes down to testing before releasing... and i am certain BIS have a QA department... but nowadays there are quite a lot of different OS's out there and a literally infinite number of system combinations ... so if even a huge company cannot get it 100% right think of a company a fraction of mr. Gates's followers.....

Atleast battlefield works. At the end of the day, Arma might be one of the best war simulations out there, but if people can't play it, lets face it, they aren't gunna stick around when there are plenty of other games on the market... I'd be happy to play a weak BF2 clone that works, than Arma2 which is so full of bugs it makes Gothic 3 look perfect. Sorry guys, you may all be in love with Arma and hate OFP, but if it doesn't work, you can't expect people to wanna keep paying their money for it. At least codemaster won't release an unfinished, bug littered game like Arma2, I will be able to unwrap OFP2 when it arrives, stick it in my Xbox or my PC and it will work straight off, I wont have to buy it, install it, re-install my pc, edit my config files, upgrade my pc, wait for a patch, patch it, then wait for a patch to fix the bugs in the last patch. Its terrible imho and I don't know how bohemia could release it in its current state.

Seems like ethne is just a blind fanboy. Just cos it runs fine for you doesnt mean this thing is good for everyone else. If i was working at say EB Games store, i'd feel bad selling this product to people in its current state.

BIS shouldnt have released it yet, thats for sure.

Also, stop saying OFP2 is a BF2 clone. Have you even played BF2? The gameplay is totally different than what we have seen in OFP2 videos. If anything it reminds me strongly of the old ghost recons (good times be had back then).

Now to get back into trying to fix the pile of problems im having with arma2. Maybe i'll be happy once i finally get the thing to work decently, but man this is beyond frustrating. MMORPG's are the only games that are allowed to have this many issues on release. FPS games should be fine out of the box since they are much smaller projects. Im sure OFP2 will be perfectly fine just like every other game codies make.

Bahahahahaha Fanboy! That's funny. Not even close and have I played BF2? I'm a long time PR Player. Check my posts and you'll see that I am plenty critical of BIS.

A2 DOES NOT run fine for me under Vista 64 or Win 7 64 but all of your bitching will accomplish nothing. A2 is a work in progress, deal with it or move on!

Eth

Edited by BangTail

....At least codemaster won't release an unfinished, bug littered game .....

rofl yeah... and santa delivers it personally...

see you in the CM forums after the release.

Ethne how can you say "its a work in progress deal with it or move on"? Its a RELEASED game, you are making out that it's fine that bohemia basically released a beta game to the public and charged £30/$45 for it. And it's not bitching, it's complaining about an issue in a product you have paid for. Which is a consumers right to do. But let me guess, concerning Arma2, we have no rights. It's not a common marketing technique to release unfinished products and I fully back the guy who started this thread for never wanting to buy another BI product again. It's ridiculous that they have released the game in it's current status.

It seems that this thread is already attracted by DR's and "codies" fanboys. I bet they even didn't bought ARMA II.

I think the people who dont have any problems are running the game at 1024x768 with a single GPU. I guess grainy textures dont bother them as long as they get 60FPS. Lots of us have SLI and are running HD resolution at a minimum on 64bit operating systems with 8GB of RAM and we're getting shafted.

At the moment, I'm running (2) 8800GTX Ultras in SLI on a 30 inch LCD with quad core CPUs and the game sucks ass. I have to run the game in windows mode at 1280x720 in order to get decent frame rates and no texture problems. Before I could even do that I had to spend all weekend tweaking. Those who say they have no problems with the game either haven't experienced any yet, are running crap resolutions, or are straight up liars. Just check out how dead the non-tech support forums are in comparison to this forum.

Ethne how can you say "its a work in progress deal with it or move on"? Its a RELEASED game, you are making out that it's fine that bohemia basically released a beta game to the public and charged £30/$45 for it. And it's not bitching, it's complaining about an issue in a product you have paid for. Which is a consumers right to do. But let me guess, concerning Arma2, we have no rights. It's not a common marketing technique to release unfinished products and I fully back the guy who started this thread for never wanting to buy another BI product again. It's ridiculous that they have released the game in it's current status.

Show me a project that is this ambitious that doesn't have teething problems. Oh wait, there isn't one.

It was the same with OFP and A1 and it's no surprise it's the same with A2. I have already started developing a new mission and the module system is INCREDIBLE. No other game provides this kind of latitude.

Sorry it isn't working out for you but I love it and despite its flaws, it was 40 euros INCREDIBLY well spent.

Eth

Show me a project that is this ambitious that doesn't have teething problems. Oh wait, there isn't one.

It was the same with OFP and A1 and it's no surprise it's the same with A2. I have already started developing a new mission and the module system is INCREDIBLE. No other game provides this kind of latitude.

Sorry it isn't working out for you but I love it and despite its flaws, it was 40 euros INCREDIBLY well spent.

Eth

working out? by looking at this support community behind Arma II I would now feel comfortable estimating at least 1/2 the people that play it are experiencing some serious bug.

I am glad your able to properly geek out on the mission editor or whatever.

What was this game like when it came out in May in Europe?

Did the game somehow regress in functionality as it became available in the US..later on...?

OK, after a whole weekend of reinstalling, readjusting, resetting and re-reading forums, I am done with this game and I am not going to waste more time with it.

Among the most serious bugs that are making the game totally annoying and unplayable are:

1) Graphics crashes (textures loading slowly and only after approaching the object from a short distance, loosing textures completely, "silver" faces etc.).

2) AI crashes (heli pilot constantly landing on trees / hi-voltage poles (...) thus causing the heli to crash, team members ignoring my commands etc.).

3) Sound crashes (radio comms sometimes sound like if from a toilet).

4) After reinstalling and repatching the game, it crashes to desktop without reason from the loading screen.

If BI don´t release another (this time a working one) patch, I swear never to buy another game from them. I believe that when I spend quite a sum of money on a product (not pirating it, PURCHASING IT!!!) I am perfectly entitled to expect it to work just fine without me having to virtually "reprogramme" it (i.e. rewriting arma2.cfg etc.).

I wish you all more luck and patience than I have had!

I wish BI really read this forum and will do something about it (at least give us a sign that you are!:cool:

System Specs ?

Event Log Entry ?

Hijackthis Log ?