Sign in to follow this  
ShaiCZ

Done with Bohemia Interactive! READ IT BI!

OK, after a whole weekend of reinstalling, readjusting, resetting and re-reading forums, I am done with this game and I am not going to waste more time with it.

Among the most serious bugs that are making the game totally annoying and unplayable are:

1) Graphics crashes (textures loading slowly and only after approaching the object from a short distance, loosing textures completely, "silver" faces etc.).

2) AI crashes (heli pilot constantly landing on trees / hi-voltage poles (...) thus causing the heli to crash, team members ignoring my commands etc.).

3) Sound crashes (radio comms sometimes sound like if from a toilet).

4) After reinstalling and repatching the game, it crashes to desktop without reason from the loading screen.

If BI don´t release another (this time a working one) patch, I swear never to buy another game from them. I believe that when I spend quite a sum of money on a product (not pirating it, PURCHASING IT!!!) I am perfectly entitled to expect it to work just fine without me having to virtually "reprogramme" it (i.e. rewriting arma2.cfg etc.).

I wish you all more luck and patience than I have had!

I wish BI really read this forum and will do something about it (at least give us a sign that you are!:cool:

OK, after a whole weekend of reinstalling, readjusting, resetting and re-reading forums, I am done with this game and I am not going to waste more time with it.

Among the most serious bugs that are making the game totally annoying and unplayable are:

1) Graphics crashes (textures loading slowly and only after approaching the object from a short distance, loosing textures completely, "silver" faces etc.).

2) AI crashes (heli pilot constantly landing on trees / hi-voltage poles (...) thus causing the heli to crash, team members ignoring my commands etc.).

3) Sound crashes (radio comms sometimes sound like if from a toilet).

4) After reinstalling and repatching the game, it crashes to desktop without reason from the loading screen.

If BI don´t release another (this time a working one) patch, I swear never to buy another game from them. I believe that when I spend quite a sum of money on a product (not pirating it, PURCHASING IT!!!) I am perfectly entitled to expect it to work just fine without me having to virtually "reprogramme" it (i.e. rewriting arma2.cfg etc.).

I wish you all more luck and patience than I have had!

I wish BI really read this forum and will do something about it (at least give us a sign that you are!:cool:

1. Sounds like a hardware/driver issue on top of the game needing better optimization. What are your specs?

2. Never experienced this and I might add the helio pilots land where you tell them to land unlike arma and ofp.

3. Totally agree with the dumb radio sounds, but BIS said will change it in upcoming patches.

4. Some kind of conflict happening. Did you try any registry cleaners to clear out old unrelated arma2 code. Sounds funny but I actually had a problem with R6V2 until I used winaso (free) and cleaned my registry, same problems you have after reinstall.

It sucks when you have a game you want to like but can't get it to run no matter what you try. My cousin got GTAIV and couldn't even start the game until they released the first patch. After some tweaking I did for him it runs alot better than before. This is a problem consolers never have to deal with, harware conflicts.

"This is a problem consolers never have to deal with, harware conflicts."

No, but I've had two XBox 360's die when I've just bought a game I've been waiting for for months. Dashboard and game updates very curiously seem to prompt so-called hardware failures on the 360.

I completely agree with ShaiCZ. I'm so upset and frustrated and I cannot beliebe I PURCHASED this game! I will sell it on ebay or somehow else, but I am sure that I NEVER EVER will purchase something again from BIS. What the hell do they expect from the clients? Let them pay to be beta-tester (or better said: Alpha-Prerelease-Tester!) ???? SHAME ON YOU BIS!

I'm looking forward to get OperationFlashpoint2 and I'm sure this will be much more better.

A very disappointed buyer,

Sloop.

1. Sounds like a hardware/driver issue on top of the game needing better optimization. What are your specs?

It sucks when you have a game you want to like but can't get it to run no matter what you try. My cousin got GTAIV and couldn't even start the game until they released the first patch. After some tweaking I did for him it runs alot better than before. This is a problem consolers never have to deal with, harware conflicts.

I don´t believe the problems to be caused by my specs as loads of people with various hardware specs complain here about the same. The game is poorly optimised.

I agree with you - the more you are looking forward to it the greater your disappointment when it fails.

Hopefully, BI will patch it fast enough and well enough so that it is playable. Until then, I put the game back into its package.

Enjoy Arma2 those few lucky of you who are facking no problems:o)

Original Operation Flashpoint RULEZ (long gone are those days, right, BI;o)

and thus the boys are separated from the men...

.. seriously though... most problems can and will be fixed in time.

most people with no OFP / ArmA history don not realise that the main point about this game is Player created Missions and Content... once the modding community starts rolling the game will be unstoppable!

most people with no OFP / ArmA history don not realise that the main point about this game is Player created Missions and Content... once the modding community starts rolling the game will be unstoppable!

That a good piint but, it isnt really a worthwhile one sadly as i sure the game company will agree.

it like saying, this game is rubbish.....though give it time and once the mods start it be good...

i dout that will be a good endorsement lol

would you put this in your CV....

"i am a rubbish employee with no exsperince in this field, i hate everyone, and have a anger issue........though with time i can progress into a worthwhile employee with exceptional skill.";)

Crashing wise i sadly must agree it anoying, though hopefully they will fix this.

typical example of which i know is a big issue from what i hear online.and what i get is..

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: ArmA2Demo.exe

Application Version: 1.2.0.58127

Application Timestamp: 4a4219f4

Fault Module Name: X3DAudio1_6.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000

Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a783

Exception Code: c0000135

Exception Offset: 0006ecfb

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 9d13

Additional Information 2: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8

Additional Information 3: 9d13

Additional Information 4: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8

bah anoying...top spec pc as well. just hope when the next few patches comes out it be a worthwhile investment .

Edited by roadrunner20

That a good piint but, it isnt really a worthwhile one sadly as i sure the game company will agree.

it like saying, this game is rubbish.....though give it time and once the mods start it be good...

i dout that will be a good endorsement lol

would you put this in your CV....

"i am a rubbish employee with no exsperince in this field, i hate everyone, and have a anger issue........though with time i can progress into a worthwhile employee with exceptional skill.";)

Crashing wise i sadly must agree it anoying, though hopefully they will fix this.

typical example of which i know is a big issue from what i hear online.and what i get is..

bah anoying...top spec pc as well. just hope when the next few patches comes out it be a worthwhile investment .

It's the way it is with BIS games. There are those of us who deal with it and those that get angry and leave.

As Speedfreak said, the dedicated fans buy the game for the open ended editor and not for the campaign/SP.

Good luck with OFP 2, I'm sure it will be excellent in it's limited capacity.

Eth

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Original Operation Flashpoint RULEZ (long gone are those days, right, BI;o)

ROFLMAO, you obviously weren't around at OFP's launch if you think A2 is bad in it's current state.

Edited by BangTail

Good luck with OFP 2, I'm sure it will be excellent in it's limited capacity.

Eth

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

ROFLMAO, you obviously weren't around at OFP's launch if you think A2 is bad in it's current state.

Are you sure? I would'nt be so sure.

Are you sure? I would'nt be so sure.

Oh, I forgot /sarcasm off :)

It'll be a weak BF2 clone.

Eth

Youre very wrong here, I was. And that´s exactly it, back then, with crap PCs when playability was above graphics, I can´t remember having any such problems! Nowadays, with all these HRD effects and this and that and high-end IT, they seem to be unable to make it work and betatest properly.

Don´t get me wrong, I understand that with a game of such proportions you can´t avoid all the bugs, but THAT many of them and so serious!!??

Moreover, if they planned it to be primarily an editor for the community they should have said so on the package and during the promo! I would have bought it...

Not mentioning the fact that even if the editor is brilliant, the graphics / sound / AI issues remain...;o)

Looking forward to a new patch!

Same here. After getting a more powerful graphics card I can run the game in HD without problems.

People got to realize that BI made the game so that it runs currently only with a high end system. As few years pass it will run even with on a low end system. I guess that BIS planned the engine to last for several years to come.

You are wrong. BIS games MIGHT run on your system using only half of its capabilities.

Youre very wrong here, I was. And that´s exactly it, back then, with crap PCs when playability was above graphics, I can´t remember having any such problems! Nowadays, with all these HRD effects and this and that and high-end IT, they seem to be unable to make it work and betatest properly.

Don´t get me wrong, I understand that with a game of such proportions you can´t avoid all the bugs, but THAT many of them and so serious!!??

Moreover, if they planned it to be primarily an editor for the community they should have said so on the package and during the promo! I would have bought it...

Not mentioning the fact that even if the editor is brilliant, the graphics / sound / AI issues remain...;o)

I haven't experienced anything "that serious" although Ill grant you, there are some problems. I'll wager that many of these are being caused by people trying to max the game out on archaic hardware (this was a major issue when A1 was released)

I never said BIS planned to sell it as an editor, I said that dedicated fans buy it for the editor/mission design etc.

This franchise is/was NEVER perfect out of the box. 5 minutes of research will confirm that for any perspective buyers. I'm not defending it but this is not a game for the faint of heart. It requires a great deal of patience, but should you invest your time and effort, the results are very unique and rewarding.

Eth

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Really, I thought you were leaving? Wasn't that the point of your original post?

It'll be a weak BF2 clone.

funny, it be interesting to see what awards/reviews this game gets...

bf2 and flash point wont be a clone and you rather ignorant to belive so, as they both very differant games, and very differant playing styles.

I remember playing the first ever flash point and it was one of the best games avalible and was pretty stand out from the crowd, at the time.

if anything arma is a clone of flash point.

bf2 and flash point wont be a clone and you rather ignorant to belive so, as they both very differant games, and very differant playing styles.

I remember playing the first ever flash point and it was one of the best games avalible and was pretty stand out from the crowd, at the time.

???

OFP was made by BIS

ARMA is essentially OFP 2 only they couldn't get the name as it was a copyright of the publisher or something like that.

OFP 2 is developed by others and chances are that it's gonna be like a BF clone.

For the errors with they game I recommend just waiting until BIS releases a few patches for the game because BIS' games are usually a little laggy and full of bugs when they are released. (you know, the game is huge!) BIS' are good at fixing their games. :)

"Operation Flashpoint" 2 seems to be a more arcade than simulation, thats why he compared the games. ;)

You remember playing it, I am still playing it and it still is one of the best games ever!

Funny, that you say so because ArmA is Operation Flashpoint in many ways:

-ArmA & OFP1 is made by BIS.

-They both use the same game engine. (ArmA is using an improved version obviously)

Good on you mate!

I am gettin sick of this shite too!

I def wont be buying any more game till they been out for a year or so. This has the potential to be pos the best ever game! but things jus dont work,

1. my mouse jutters around on the first screen when the game starts!

2. the gray faces is there an awfull lot and it seems to take ages for cetails to load!

3. Missions dont play out right ie BITTER CHILL! (I have since reverted to help the preist jus to get past the mission)

there are others but most have been covered

OH and when you say OFP is almost the same

I BLOODY HOPE NOT! mind I wont be buyin it.

@roadrunner20

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Version: 1.2.0.58127

Application Timestamp: 4a4219f4

Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000

Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a783

Exception Code: c0000135

Exception Offset: 0006ecfb

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 9d13

Additional Information 2: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8

Additional Information 3: 9d13

Additional Information 4: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8

You have to read the error message correctly:

Where happened the error?

Which application was running at that time?

X3DAudio1_6.dll belongs to DirectX. Be sure you've installed the latest DirectX9 (yes, also when running on Vista with DX10, some relevant DX9 files can still be missing) and there's a chance that this error will be gone.

As it has already been pointed out, I will simply say that you don't know what you're talking about and leave it at that.

It's funny how many of you say you "remember" how great OFP was and equally strange that you DON'T remember how many patches it took to make it great or the less than stellar state it was in when it initially released.

Eth

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

For the errors with they game I recommend just waiting until BIS releases a few patches for the game because BIS' games are usually a little laggy and full of bugs when they are released. (you know, the game is huge!) BIS' are good at fixing their games. :)

This is why (despite some degree of frustration at times) I will always support BIS. The game may have some problems but they listen, they talk to the community and they actively incorporate player feedback (sometimes very quickly).

See if you get that from EA, Codemasters, UBI et al.

Nothing out there is more ambitious or as dynamic.

I have no problem doing my little bit to keep these guys afloat. The maxFPS(Im so l33t)/console crowd can go play their linear rail shooters.

Good riddance.

Eth

Edited by BangTail

I have never seen this as a "game" really. I quickly realised that Arma / Arma 2 / BIS are a small independent unit churning out what I would call a "pure open sandbox sim package" out the box. To me the campaign is about 20 percent of that its all about really.

Dont ditch this sim too early based on the bugs and glitches. Give it time, its not a mass corporation running the show (with no real customer support and shelf life), its a independent team making one of the most open and complex sims ... you have to give it a bit of time really.

Its funny I see bugs and issues but for some reason think different about Arma etc knowing what its about and who's creating it.

I agree it needs fixes but for the long haul (which is exactly what this sim is all about) it will be on the hard drive for a looong time. Mods, patches, addons, tweaks ... we are only a few weeks into release and thats not full release, so hang on with it mate.

Edited by mrcash2009

been reading the reviews and user comments and it seems the main issues with games are the complex interface and jutteryness of the gameplay.

i hope this just bugs, like the map bug, ie, tend to crash mostly when in the map.

on a seperate note.

X3DAudio1_6.dll belongs to DirectX. Be sure you've installed the latest DirectX9 (yes, also when running on Vista with DX10, some relevant DX9 files can still be missing) and there's a chance that this error will be gone.

wied.. cos every other game works properly but this one lol....

how can i/others check if they got the latest direct x9, and installed it properly?? do you have to delete previous ones.... these questions would i hoped be on a sticky somewhere but not, and the one with direct x issue only about the game not installing and nothin to do with how to download/where to install ect ect.

Just to be sure that RoadRunner20 doesn't fall for the marketing trick Codemasters is putting on us : Original OFP was made by the same people who today have made ArmA 2

Apart from the name, nothing in OFP-DR comes from original OFP. Not even a single dev team member.

Don't be misguided by the name, it's only a marketing trick.

Put your OFP disk off the shelf, under the dust, you'll see "Bohemia Interactive" as the developpers.

As much as I don't want to trash OFP-DR before we know more of it, I HATE it when their marketing trick works on people who are coming in this very place!

I sympathise with disgruntled customers.

This is by far the worst developed game I have ever purchased.