Sign in to follow this  
dracflamloc

Suggestion to people who host servers

People, we need more public servers that do other gametypes and missions other than Evolution and Domination.

Last night I played a HOLD gametype for the first time and it was the most fun I've ever had in ArmA1 or 2. However there is only one server that is actually hosting this gametype.

Can we get some diversity here? =)

Judging by how things transpired in Arma 2, I would say 'No'.

The public servers will most probably be hosting Domination, Warfare and Evolution. Someone might do a remake of the Berserk missions, which were capture and hold'ish in nature.

Diversity does exist, but you mainly find that in the closed arenas.

People, we need more public servers that do other gametypes and missions other than Evolution and Domination.

Last night I played a HOLD gametype for the first time and it was the most fun I've ever had in ArmA1 or 2. However there is only one server that is actually hosting this gametype.

Can we get some diversity here? =)

If I had piles of cash laying around I'd setup a huge capacity server for only Team vs Team play to ensure some diversity. There might already be servers like this out there but maybe they are always empty.

I have another suggestion, STOP KICKING ME from games for no apparent reason. Arma2 is the douciest community I've EVER tried to game on, its hard enough to get the game to run and be stable, and when it finally does I get kicked by moronic hosts for no reason that I can see. a$$hats

I have another suggestion, STOP KICKING ME from games for no apparent reason. Arma2 is the douciest community I've EVER tried to game on, its hard enough to get the game to run and be stable, and when it finally does I get kicked by moronic hosts for no reason that I can see. a$$hats

If you're playing on European servers, a lot of them enforce the >100 ping rule. They do warn you in the server MOTD, so it shouldn't come as too much of a shock (I try to sneak in, they get me every time). Usually the PvP servers worry more about the pings than the Coop servers.

Other than that I see absolutely no other possible reason you might get kicked.

To the OP, you will see more diversity. Last night was the best night yet for US PvP missions (50+ players on one server). Be patient. There are still more release dates in the US.

And if in a couple weeks there aren't any US PvP servers rolling, I'll just have to rent my own. But I think there will be... :eek:

I set one up, been pretty much empty. (Look for PBR Streetgang)

dracflamloc: What was the name of the mission? You can find it in your AppData\Arma 2\MpmissionsCache directory. PM me if you have it and I'll upload it.

Hi Mosh! Got any good PvP map collections this time around?

I set one up, been pretty much empty. (Look for PBR Streetgang)

dracflamloc: What was the name of the mission? You can find it in your AppData\Arma 2\MpmissionsCache directory. PM me if you have it and I'll upload it.

Hi Mosh! Got any good PvP map collections this time around?

Hi Oktane!

As always, my crappy little box sitting next to me (Moshpit DM) hosts every map I can find... I think it is far too slow to play anything more than a DM, but jump on to download missions.

have another suggestion, STOP KICKING ME from games for no apparent reason. Arma2 is the douciest community I've EVER tried to game on, its hard enough to get the game to run and be stable, and when it finally does I get kicked by moronic hosts for no reason that I can see. a$$hats

i think that post speaks for itself. i bet you are a real smacktard on the servers also, TKing ppl who """Stole""" the A10 before you etc.;)

But also.. check your PING. if you have over "100ms" you will get kicked from most European servers. some even have "55ms" as a limit here in sweden.

Same here have a PVP server up and have ran every PVP mission out there and the server stays empty.

everyone wants PVP but no one wants to play PVP.

I refuse to run evo or dom servers .

We host 4 servers at http://www.legionofspartans.com, 2 x Private, 2 x Public. And looking at putting more online as we gat players on ArmA II. We have servers in the UK and US dedicated Quad Cores.

Public server 1 is running domination.

Public server 2 can run any thing you like, all you need do is register on our forum and a request a mission you would like to see. I will glady upload this to our server.

Forum Reg http://www.legionofspartans.com/forums/

Hope to see some of you guys online, CoBoL

I have to say some of the servers are crap and other are amazing. But that doesn't just come down to the server but the people playing on them as well. The other day I played for a good portion on just one server and had a good set of guys on there. No team kills, communication, worked together and when this happens... this game rocks aside from the bugs.

I have to say some of the servers are crap and other are amazing. But that doesn't just come down to the server but the people playing on them as well. The other day I played for a good portion on just one server and had a good set of guys on there. No team kills, communication, worked together and when this happens... this game rocks aside from the bugs.

This is true, im tired of everyone just saying Evolution, Domination, and Warefare suck just because they played on some server where everyone just TKs or has no teamwork. They should come and play on the ULTIMATE COMBAT server, as all trusted members (which is prettymuch anyone who joins the TeamSpeak server and has played on UC for 2-3 days) are told the password to admin so they can kick "numpties", and new players to Arma2 are warmly welcomed, but make sure if your new to do the tutorials before you go onto multiplayer.

Anyways, heres my suggestion to server hosts

Raise your 100ms limit to 225, im not sure why you have it so low, but whenever i set up a temporary server, ill let anyone up to 275 ping join (and let them stay if it goes above 275 for about 30 seconds) and no one on the server complains about lag.

The problem with ranked game modes which reward players with high end equipment are that the players will lone wolf and fight over points instead of actually playing as a team.

If you're trying to be tactical with a group of players and advance/cover like the game was meant for, it's all for nothing because there's two clowns who are sprinting ahead with 6 SMAWs, exploiting third person and commander view because they want their precious Harrier.

The coop maps are best set up so no vehicles are rewarded, the scoreboard is shut off, and weapons are limited for class. Of course that probably means running an empty server. :j: