Sign in to follow this  
joethe33

AI in campgain

There's still a huge issue with the AI in the campaign following orders correctly. An example of this is, when I (the player) decides to drive the humvee; I order everyone inside. Then, the Sniper, Whatever his name is, does not want to come inside the vehicle. Even though there's a seat open in the back. I sort of understand that he's the designated driver, but it's a bit more realistic in a sense of what's going to happen, that a player wants to actually play as the driver. It's really frustrating and makes the single player almost unplayable at the moment.

I wouldn't call it unplayable. When the ai does that sort of stuff to me I shoot it for treason, maybe it'll learn in the next life

There's still a huge issue with the AI in the campaign following orders correctly. An example of this is, when I (the player) decides to drive the humvee; I order everyone inside. Then, the Sniper, Whatever his name is, does not want to come inside the vehicle. Even though there's a seat open in the back. I sort of understand that he's the designated driver, but it's a bit more realistic in a sense of what's going to happen, that a player wants to actually play as the driver. It's really frustrating and makes the single player almost unplayable at the moment.

This might happen for two reasons:

1) If you order them to embark before you've taken driver's seat, Two assumed he will be the driver so he cannot complete your order.

Solution: either wait until you're on the driver's seat or repeat the command for Two, or use complex command to order all of them to get in as cargo in the first place: 4 ->vehicle name -> "cargo"/"in back" (can't recall how is it in EN version)

2) Two is actually stuck somewhere which happens a lot even with supposed centimeter precision AI. Main culprits are the Warfare collections/camps (or in case of Rodriguez the helicopter tail fins :p).

Solution: Try to order the guy to move somewhere at the first place, preferably opposite of the obstruction he is stuck on, or if you can, get the vehicle so close he can get iin.