Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

NVIDIA video card(s) owners read here!

Ahhh, to get the option to clean driver install i would have to run 275.33 again and choose install advanced instead of custom?

Yeahh I agree 275.33 seems better then previous versions :)

Ahhh, to get the option to clean driver install i would have to run 275.33 again and choose install advanced instead of custom?

yes, :D

I had an improvement. I used 266.58.

275.33 is better, feel smoother game :bounce3:

Yup me too. :D

After some testing with GTS 250, ive noticed performance boost and definitely gained some FPS with 275.33 drivers

Hope you can get them installed BF2, they seem to be worth it

Anyone else notice a difference with latest drivers?

Loaded them up, clean install, seem to have LOD issues again.....sigh

I am not completely sure it is driver related but it did happen at the same time.

I have these weird rendering issues, notice the trees

3D resolution at 50% (to make the issue easier to spot)

3D resolution at 100%

and another one where you can see through the leaves

Specs:

ASUS P5Q Deluxe

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550

nVidia GTX 285

Corsair Dominator 2x2GB 1066MHz DDR2

WD Caviar Black 1TB

Edited by GamerOfFreedom

I have the same issue as GamerOfFreedom, ive played with the AtoC inside the config, but it hasnt changed much, I still get texture loading issue

My average fps dropped from the 260 series drivers (sorry do not remember which one) in the OA benchmark from 81 to 69 with these latest drivers. Not a big deal because gameplay does feel smooth even in cpu limited sp missions. My 3dmark vantage score is still within parameters for my hardware, so im sure its not a bad driver install. As far as the Atoc issue, i do not notice any of that

Well, cleaned off the latest Nvidia drivers (275.33) and did a clean install of the 263.09 version (just happened to be the oldest I had saved on my computer) the game now runs perfectly; same performance and no more LOD issues.

I'll play with the Nvidia control panel a little bit more later tonight after work to see if I can sqeak out a few fmore FPS

New NViDiA BETA drivers 275.50 released on 20.6.2011

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

This driver package supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500-series desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs. This driver package also includes the 3D Vision Controller driver.

Have you tested it?

Ill test it tonight if no one says they had a bad experience with it

With the latest 275.33 drivers the former stable drivers game me the blotchy items problem again, before the update it was perfect, just switched to latest and its back to perfect again. :)

;1962683']With the latest 275.33 drivers the former stable drivers game me the blotchy items problem again' date=' before the update it was perfect, just switched to latest and its back to perfect again. :)[/quote']

I'm not clear Viper, which drivers are you using that got rid of the blotchy problem?

I had the problem with the drivers before 266.58, then after I installed 266.58 it fixed every issue I was having with AToC, until the new drivers came out the graphics were perfect, so for some reason after the latest update (275.33) it screwed the previous drivers...

My fix was just to uninstall 266.58 and install 275.33... I hope that clears thing's up.

;1962751']I had the problem with the drivers before 266.58' date=' then after I installed 266.58 it fixed every issue I was having with AToC, until the new drivers came out the graphics were perfect, so for some reason after the latest update (275.33) it screwed the previous drivers...

My fix was just to uninstall 266.58 and install 275.33... I hope that clears thing's up.[/quote']

Hmm...

Is the latest beta drivers ok?

275.50 is the latest beta.

275.33 is the latest official.

Now i have tried them and they sucked for me... got the flickering textures and popping lods...

GTX580 - 263.09 works best for me

Edited by johanna

No problems with 275.50 (or 275.33/36).
Same here, no problems, very smooth, no LOD switching or anything, will definitely keep 275.50 installed. :)

Loaded them up, no more lod, seem to be able to put my settings just a little higher without losing any framerate.

Not sure whether if its my imagination, but the overall quality just looks better.

Ive recently updated to the 275.50 drivers. Since updating them i havent messed around with my Atoc settings.

I still have blury trees and building/vehicle textures fail to load completely. But its better since this driver build