Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

NVIDIA video card(s) owners read here!

I tweeted nvidia about focusing on A2OA performance, and got this reply.

http://twitter.com/#!/nvidia/status/28942235807

Can anyone comment on what this means exactly?

I think its a way of cheating texture fill rates to get better performance , not quite sure how this relates to arma though :confused:

Im prolly wrong lol

Guest General Nuisance

Here's my ArmA2.CFG setup:

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=100000;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1280;

Resolution_H=1024;

refresh=75;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winW=800;

winH=600;

winDefW=800;

winDefH=600;

Render_W=1280;

Render_H=1024;

FSAA=1;

postFX=0;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=3;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=919994368;

nonlocalVRAM=1878290432;

Windowed=0;

Should I change anything?

Are there any settings in the Nvidia Control panel that I need to adjust? I've turned off v-sync for ArmA2.

Isnt FP16 a reference to the 16-bit floating point performance/precision of the GPU, isn't there also FP32 (32 bit)

I have a 470 with the latest drivers but in the game anything more than a few meters away is a blurred mess. Looks like a very low resolution. I've disabled post process and changed various settings but no luck

I have a 470 with the latest drivers but in the game anything more than a few meters away is a blurred mess. Looks like a very low resolution. I've disabled post process and changed various settings but no luck

Sounds like post process refusing to turn off for unknow reason. I would try turning off both anisotropic filtering and anti-aliasing from game settings and from nVidia drivers settings. I think driver settings may override game settings if same setting has set in a different way in two places.

Tried that. I'm not sure it's even post process. Just seems like everything far away is at a low resolution. All blocky for a lack of a better term

i hope You have disabled occlusions in NV advanced driver options

Yeah that's the same error message I get when my video freezes, screen goes black but I'm still in the game, can move my man around and shoot etc.. I can ALT TAB out and see the desktop fine. I have never tried letting it sit for 2-3 minutes. I always End Task on ARMA then restart it. Please post if anyone has a fix for this Display Driver Stopped working bug.

I'm running Vista 32 bit on an Intel Quad core 2.4gHz (Q6600) 4 Gig ram with 260 GTX graphics

I have the same problem.

Any solution?

Grab free version of fraps and run it before entering game it has option to overlay FPS count in-game.

Im trying to run OA/Combined ops in NV surround non 3d, has anyone been able to do it successfully? My stuff works fine with everything else but OA!?

when I try to run OA it BSODS everytime, BTW I have all the latest drivers.

I installed the latest Nvidia Drivers and I have to say Im dissapointed. Less FPS and somehow the graphics are strange.

Anyone else with the same experience?

using a Nvidia 8800 GTX and i am constantly showing a black receiving screen and CTDs sometimes too

I installed the latest Nvidia Drivers and I have to say Im dissapointed. Less FPS and somehow the graphics are strange.

Anyone else with the same experience?

No issues with 263.09 (or any of the others in recent history).

Edited by BangTail

Hi

I'm having this problem.

http://www.imagehost.co.za/share-E41C_4CF3F729.html

Note the trucks coming down the road

http://www.imagehost.co.za/share-B3C7_4CF3F729.html

Note the trees in the distance are green blobs

http://www.imagehost.co.za/share-369F_4CF3F729.html

Note the tank in the distance

Once within a few meters the detail appears and everything looks fine. A virtual memory problem perhaps

260.89 drivers on MSI 470 running WinXP SP3.

Changing in game video settings doesn't fix the problem.

Can someone recommend Video Settings for me.

Should the use everything at "VERY HIGH" considering my Video card? I have Arma2/OA and I get slowness sometimes. I updated to 1.56 OA using ACE.

no i have a 480 and i dont have everything on VERYHIGH lol, textures veryhigh, Memory default, everything eles high, that should be ok,

IS there a manual to properly adjust Video Settings on ARMA2 and Nvidia Control Panel?

You shouldn't have to touch anything in the CP tbh, the current profile works perfectly for single and multi GPU setups.

If you want to tinker nonetheless,

NVCP --->

Manage 3D Settings --->

Select Program settings tab --->

Select a program to Customize--->

Select ArmA II or Arma II OA profile.

added hint to first post

as disabling the Ambient Occlusion inside NVIDIA driver panel resolved visual glitches

There doesn't appear to be a toggle for Disabling PhysX under the Control Panel anymore.

I can only choose from "Auto", "GTX260", and "CPU"

There doesn't appear to be a toggle for Disabling PhysX under the Control Panel anymore.

I can only choose from "Auto", "GTX260", and "CPU"

CPU means PhysX disabled.

added hint to first post

as disabling the Ambient Occlusion inside NVIDIA driver panel resolved visual glitches

With the risk of asking something stupid, where exactly is this option? I cant see it in my CP. Driver version currently used is 260.99.