Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

NVIDIA video card(s) owners read here!

Can anyone confirm if turning off PhysX Acceleration will boost performance on the 8800GT for sure?

Can anyone confirm if turning off PhysX Acceleration will boost performance on the 8800GT for sure?

Why don't you just give it a try? Enabling/disabling PhysX is pretty simple. ;)

It definitely doesn't make any difference with my GTX285, but I don't know about 8800GTs.

True, I'm just desperate for anything to improve Chernarus performance. It's playable but sometimes it just decides to crawl....:mad:

No difference -PhysX- for me on my GTX285 either. Pretty sure it's a placebo.

No FPS improvement on Chernarus after disabling PhysX Acceleration on an 8800GT. :'(

it was old tweak if you using way newer drivers it most likely not work ...

Haven't read all posts here but have you tried setting Nvidia Control Panel Max render ahead fames to 0.

...and make sure these lines are in your user.cfg file (in your profiles folder)

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=0;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=0;

This helped my fps...

One thing that really helps the smoothness is setting Texture detail to NORMAL. (It reduces the quality in the distance but closeup is the same as HIGH)

Edited by EDcase

Haven't read all posts here but have you tried setting Nvidia Control Panel Max render ahead fames to 0.

...and make sure these lines are in your user.cfg file (in your profiles folder)

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=0;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=0;

This helped my fps...

One thing that really helps the smoothness is setting Texture detail to NORMAL. (It reduces the quality in the distance but closeup is the same as HIGH)

Do post your PC specs and the drivers you are running.

The original post has it spot-on: TURN OFF VSYNC. Force VSync off in Nvidia Control Panel Arma 2 profile, since the game has it enabled be Default with no option to disable it in-game. In an area where you could be having 24 FPS w/out Vsync, you might be getting 30 FPS with it bouncing to 15 FPS and back. Likewise: if you're getting 30 to 45 FPS switches with Vsync on, you could be having stable/average 38 FPS +-2.

ArmA2 Benchmark #1 Profi with these settings for both systems:

1920x1200

Sichtweite: 3876m

Qualitätspräf.: Sehr hoch

Menüauflösung: 1920x1200

3D Auflösung: 125% 2400x1500

Texturendetails: Sehr hoch

Grafikspeicher: Voreinstellung

Anisotrop. Filter: Hoch

Antialiasing: Hoch

Landsch. Details: Hoch

Objektdetails: Sehr hoch

Schattendetails: Sehr hoch

Nachbearb.-Effekt: Deaktiviert

Menügröße: Sehr klein

Seitenver.: Breitbild 16:10

The settings are optimized to get the very best smooth high quality images in ArmA2 1.07 while playing the game on the following configurations.

257.21 WHQL

Testsystem A:

CPU: AMD PhenomII 940 4x3,0GHZ @ 3,0GHZ

Memory: 8GB A-DATA DDR2-1066

Motherboard: Asrock K10N780SLIX3-WiFi

Graphics Cards Manufacturer: Gainward

Triple NVIDIA GPUs: 3 x NVIDIA GeForce 260 GTX

Sound: Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer

Hard Drive(s): 2 500GB Maxtor hard drives in stripe raid

Notes: Cooler Master RealPower Pro 1250W, CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12P, Chieftec Bigtower, Windows 7 Ultimate 64

with patch 1.05: 20-21 FPS

with patch 1.07: 26 FPS

Testsystem B:

Graphics Cards Manufacturer: Point Of View and Gainward

2 NVIDIA GPUs: 1 x NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX plus 1 x NVIDIA GeForce 260 GTX dedicated to physics

Notes: Cooler Master RealPower Pro 1250W, CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12P, Chieftec Bigtower, Windows 7 Ultimate 64

with patch 1.07: 28 FPS

Edited by BrunoDerRabe

Interesting that 3x GTX 260s aren't as fast as a 470 GTX. My guess is that the game is not utilizing 3-Way SLI very well.

Interesting that 3x GTX 260s aren't as fast as a 470 GTX. My guess is that the game is not utilizing 3-Way SLI very well.

Little does. 1 super card is almost always better than 2-4 medium cards in a game that's extremely cpu limited.

6/29/10

New beta drivers available on nvidia's site.

New in Release 258.69

-Adds support for NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround technology. Learn more about this technology including the hardware and software requirements here.

-Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.

-Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-258.69-beta-driver.html

found it also very interesting, but please keep in mind some very

important detail:

2 NVIDIA GPUs: 1 x NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX plus 1 x NVIDIA GeForce 260 GTX dedicated to physics

AFAIK ArmA2 doesn't use PhysX, though, so that shouldn't make any difference.

Anyone brave enough to try it? I'm not. Not very many bug fixes in this release.

Using them, they fixed an SLI issue with AoC so that's a good thing :D

A2 performance is as good as it always is.

AFAIK ArmA2 doesn't use PhysX, though, so that shouldn't make any difference.

probably you are right, only difference I do see in the benchmark with the GTX260 dedicated for physics, the action (firefights) in the OA 08 Benchmark start earlier, so you do see most of it .... and not when the camera is turning away strange, isn`t it? I did repeat this tests several times

My favorite settings for Testsystem B are now:

1920x1200

Sichtweite: 3876m

Qualitätspräf.: Sehr hoch

Menüauflösung: 1920x1200

3D Auflösung: 150% 2880x1800

Texturendetails: Sehr hoch

Grafikspeicher: Voreinstellung

Anisotrop. Filter: Hoch

Antialiasing: Hoch

Landsch. Details: Sehr Hoch

Objektdetails: Sehr hoch

Schattendetails: Sehr hoch

Nachbearb.-Effekt: Deaktiviert

Menügröße: Sehr klein

Seitenver.: Breitbild 16:10

The settings are optimized to get the very best smooth high quality images in ArmA2 1.07 while playing the game on the following configuration.

257.21 WHQL

Testsystem B:

Graphics Cards Manufacturer: Point Of View and Gainward

General: About the Max and Detected frames i think you better test the different values yourself to find what feels best for you. It doesnt seem to matter how close you are HW wise to others as this seems to impact mouse feeling most so some like the heavier/creamier feel and some like the faster/easier feel. Right now im running "1" on both and "2" in the Nvidia CPL (Pre Rendered Frames). In the control settings in game i have smoothness set to about 2 or 3 (two - three clicks from left) and it gives me fast and yet smooth handling.

So keep testing until you find your sweet spot. :)

What did you mean when you said "I'm running "1" and "2" in NV CPL? Do you run two in SLI or something?

What did you mean when you said "I'm running "1" and "2" in NV CPL? Do you run two in SLI or something?

I think he means:

(in the .ini)

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

Max Rendered Frames Ahead (or whatever) in nVidia Control Panel = 2

vista 64 bit enterprise

amd 3.01ghz

gforce 280 1gvram

700 watt supply

4 gigs system ram

vsync on-28 fps in game benchmark

vsync off-35 fps in game benchmark

Arma 2 does not use PhysX.

the fix was for time when drivers for some reason allocated part of resources for not used physx ...

like i said it's no use anymore with last drivers

I'm having trouble getting anything above 20 FPS with most everything as low as it can go. I've tried a few things but nothing seems to work.

System specs

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53GHz 2.53 GHz

nVidia GeForce GTX 260M

Windows 7 64 bit

any suggestions?

It's also a laptop (It's a high end gaming one, runs most other games on Very High settings pretty well, around 30FPS hover.

I'm having trouble getting anything above 20 FPS with most everything as low as it can go. I've tried a few things but nothing seems to work.

System specs

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53GHz 2.53 GHz

nVidia GeForce GTX 260M

Windows 7 64 bit

any suggestions?

It's also a laptop (It's a high end gaming one, runs most other games on Very High settings pretty well, around 30FPS hover.

I know it sounds stupid but try raising some settings and experimenting...

Also check your background processes, I use a programme called gamebooster, which saves me over 200mb ram every time ;)

link: http://www.freewarefiles.com/Game-Booster_program_48865.html