Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

NVIDIA video card(s) owners read here!

hehe, :) 1920x1200 is addictive, there's no turning back now.

Thanks for the tips though. In seriousness I have had very very few issues with the game since release. That's why I'm so perplexed.

I have been running in this setup 1920x1200 since the day it came out and all of sudden I'm getting all these Memory Leak ctds.

I'm an arma addict, at my high point I'd play 1920x1200 for six hours a day six days a week, maybe ctd twice a week. Now I can't even play for more then 20 minutes.

I don't know how this memory leak started. Never had to look into Nvidia tweaks or video tweaks that much, ran great.

I'm eliminating variables to figure out what it was that changed, and the only real variable I have with Arma2 is ACE.

I've already formatted and started over, but the CTDs haven't stopped. Doesn't happen with other games.

Thanks guys, I'll definitely try these adjustments.

Using the 197.13 drivers on my GTX260 216 without any problems, running winxp though.

Mind if i ask what settings you play at. Just got the very same card and I'm trying to iron out the performance.

hehe, :) 1920x1200 is addictive, there's no turning back now.

Thanks for the tips though. In seriousness I have had very very few issues with the game since release. That's why I'm so perplexed.

I have been running in this setup 1920x1200 since the day it came out and all of sudden I'm getting all these Memory Leak ctds.

I'm an arma addict, at my high point I'd play 1920x1200 for six hours a day six days a week, maybe ctd twice a week. Now I can't even play for more then 20 minutes.

I don't know how this memory leak started. Never had to look into Nvidia tweaks or video tweaks that much, ran great.

I'm eliminating variables to figure out what it was that changed, and the only real variable I have with Arma2 is ACE.

I've already formatted and started over, but the CTDs haven't stopped. Doesn't happen with other games.

Thanks guys, I'll definitely try these adjustments.

I hate to say this, but with as careful and thorough as you've been it sounds like your card is dying. I would not recommend PNY products to my friends as I've seen too much trouble with their memory and vid cards. Check into warranty coverage on their site.

---------- Post added at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 AM ----------

Yes change to:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

Should give you "faster" handling. Also check the NVCPL Maximum Pre Rendered Frames. Set it to different values. I found on my own system "2" is best in combination with above setting in ARMA2.CFG. If i set it to "1" in NVCPL it gets too jerky and super super light handling so its a bit too much for me personally.

Does this go for GeForce 295 GTX cards that are multi-gpu cards?

If using that tweak, you really only have to set: GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1; is what the game writes back to config.

I hate to say this, but with as careful and thorough as you've been it sounds like your card is dying. I would not recommend PNY products to my friends as I've seen too much trouble with their memory and vid cards. Check into warranty coverage on their site.

This actually started with my BFG 9800 GTX+ which had been just as good or better then the previous 8800 gtx (maybe they are the same, not sure).

After I thought I had discounted all other possibilities I went and returned the BFG thinking it had to be a dying video card, and the only thing they had in stock for exchange was the PNY.

So this one I have right now is only five or six days old unfortunately.

Comp is nearly 3 years old. Never had a motherboard or PSU go bad on me before, I'm starting to think that's the issue. Just exhausted with it. :butbut:

However, when I have the video driver & card disabled via the device manager, I can't replicate the issue -- so then I go back to discounting the PSU and motherboard, and start switching drivers.

I just can't remember the video driver I was using before I formatted, which it's starting to appear that's the only one that runs good for me.

A. Control Panel> NVIDIA PhysX control panel > Settings > switch to NO PHysx acceleration ! > click on "OK"

I've looked on my system and I can't find a control panel specifically for "PhysX". However, on my "Nvidia control panel" there is an option to disable PhysX. Isn't that enough?

Thats enough. I dont have the control panel PhysX either. Not with the latest drivers anyway. Had it before. But it should be enough.

Yes change to:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

In the ArmA2 (low) performance issues . Domokun kindly made some suggestions. Among them was this one :

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=0;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=0;

This seemed to help me and others running Win7.

I see you Alex72 have a GTX 275 and it isn't far off from my GTX 295 therefore should I change my GPU_MaxFramesAhead='x' and GPU_DetectedFramesAhead='x' values to '1' rather than maintain them at their present setting of '0'?

It's important for me to note that after I chose to "Force Off" my V-sync in the Nvidia Control Panel my F.P.S shot up by 20 in some areas. For instance in the main menu screen with the camera pan of an aircraft carrier. My F.P.S. will not increase more than 75 F.P.S. and this extends to gameplay. So when I turned off V-sync my F.P.S went up to 115(*1) on that same menu screen. I tested it in a forest on the outskirts of Chernogorsk and the F.P.S there jumped to 90 rather than 75 when I pointed it up. In the centre of Chernogorsk my F.P.S would drop to its usual level of 30 odd F.P.S but so far hasn't gone into the 20s. To me that's a big difference because in the 20 range the slowdown is more particularly more pronounced.

1* My F.P.S didn't stay at 115 as it fluctuates which is expected but it's a substantial increase nonetheless.

Edited by [General Nuisance]

I’m also using a gtx275 but I run with v-sync. If i turn it off I get weird effects or tearing when I turn my character fast. The reason you get more frames is because V-sync will limit your frames to your monitor. My monitors refresh rate is 60 so my frames will only go up to 60. You said you seen 75fps. That means your monitor refresh rate was at 75.

Arma runs good for me with V sync.

Any idea if the new Nvidia drivers are good?

I still use 196.21 drivers but not sure if its worth to upgrade.

General: About the Max and Detected frames i think you better test the different values yourself to find what feels best for you. It doesnt seem to matter how close you are HW wise to others as this seems to impact mouse feeling most so some like the heavier/creamier feel and some like the faster/easier feel. Right now im running "1" on both and "2" in the Nvidia CPL (Pre Rendered Frames). In the control settings in game i have smoothness set to about 2 or 3 (two - three clicks from left) and it gives me fast and yet smooth handling.

So keep testing until you find your sweet spot. :)

Any idea if the new Nvidia drivers are good?

I still use 196.21 drivers but not sure if its worth to upgrade.

They seem fine to me. No real differences in performance in ArmA2 that I can see, but definitely not worse. It's usually good to stay up-to-date on drivers. :cool:

Yeh no problems here either. I used them in beta for a while and just recently updated to the whql version.

Im having issue's getting over 36 FPS.

Running the Benchmark 01,

Screen Res:- 1980x1020 / 1680x1050

Visual Range :- 2000

All settings Low = 36 - 35

All Settings Normal = 33 - 34

All Settings High = 31 - 32

All Settings Very High = 29 - 30

Im getting a very slight stutter on both resolutions for all settings, and slow texture loading.

Slow texture loading is terrible whilst on a Multi-player server.. After respawning it takes 2-3 seconds for textures around me to load.

Not sure if this is game related or just a driver issue.

I'v tryed the latest Beta build.

Command line -nosplash -cpucount=4 -noFilePatching is currently being used.

I'v also tryed

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=0;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=0;

But no performance increase.

CPU usage across all cores never gets above 60%

Memory seems to hover at 50%

Graphic card temp hits 80 but fan runs no more than 62%

Any idea's ???

Intel Q9550 @ 3.4

4Gb Dominator DDR3 5,5,5,15 @1066

EVGA 750I FTW

EVGA GTX470

WD Caviar Black 250gb + 500gb

X-Fi Fatality

Vista 64bit (Light Tweek 39 Processes)

Hey everyone. New beta drivers hit today. http://www.bluesnews.com/s/110576/nvidia-256-beta-drivers

If anyone is feeling brave, please post your findings.

Fraggle I think it's the beta builds. What happens when you run vanilla v1.05?

I'v tryed the New 257.15 drivers.. but reading the notes, they no there is an issue, but has not been fixed with the current driver.

Vanilla 1.5 i get 2-3 FPS increase across the 1680x1050 / 1920x1080 range, reguardless of Low/Very High settings. (Without Mods)

Adding -exthreads=X i see no difference in performance,

ARMAMARK shows a 50 point increase, but still below the 3000 mark.

Seeing how the New drivers are increasing performance over other titles, its only a matter of time befor a smoother gameplay experience with Arma2 is appon us.

Seeing how the New drivers are increasing performance over other titles, its only a matter of time befor a smoother gameplay experience with Arma2 is appon us.

I sure hope so :)

I'v tryed the New 257.15 drivers.. but reading the notes, they no there is an issue, but has not been fixed with the current driver.

Vanilla 1.5 i get 2-3 FPS increase across the 1680x1050 / 1920x1080 range, reguardless of Low/Very High settings. (Without Mods)

Adding -exthreads=X i see no difference in performance,

ARMAMARK shows a 50 point increase, but still below the 3000 mark.

I get absolutely no increase with these new drivers using the 70709 beta and exThreads=0. Tried Bench1, Bench2, and the _FPS_6 Cherno bench.

I'd stay away from the new nvidia beta, I've gotten the BSOD twice today during ArmA with display driver errors :(

I'd stay away from the new nvidia beta, I've gotten the BSOD twice today during ArmA with display driver errors :(

IIRC, you're using a Mac. I'm not saying that the Mac is definitely the problem but it's hardly objective to warn people to steer clear of drivers when you aren't even running a PC.

On topic: They run with absolutely no problems for me.

Tested with ArmA 2, AoC, GTA (EFLC), FC2, BS, Metro 2033, R6 RS, Richard Burns, BC2 etc

Edited by BangTail

I'm hitting the 60s with the new drivers, 70709 build for ArmA 2.

Yes, cherno, with a few PROPER addons..

I do not use a modded config anymore.

edit:

What is the usage for your GPUs? Use a program like NVIDIA inspector to measure that. Mine is always @ 99 percent

Edited by Fox '09

I went from 196.21 to 197.45 today ( I skipped a couple of drivers because of all that overheating malarkey). I am getting about a 10fps increase in perf. I thought it was the new beta at first (or the -exthreads) but I tested with standard 1.05 and I get a large boost there too.

Normally these kind of boosts are unheard of for me. No new driver ever gives a real boost to performance. But I am pleasantly surprised this time!

On XP64.

Just installed Windows 7 64bit!!!

Once i've updated i'll add a post feedback on performance gain/loss.

Might take a while....

Just installed Windows 7 64bit!!!

Once i've updated i'll add a post feedback on performance gain/loss.

Might take a while....

Window 7 Installed

Arma 2 reinstalled and updated v1.5

1680 x 1050

All Settings Normal = 51

All Settings High = 43

All Settings Very High = 38

1920 x 1080

All Settings Normal = 51

All Settings High = 44

All Settings Very High = 38

Seems i may have needed a fresh install of Arma or I didn't remove old drivers thoroughly, I cant see window 7 making that much off a difference seeming there are now more process's at work.

Edited by Fraggle

I"m getting decent performance so far with ARMA 2 - My system is the following -

Dell XPS 720 System

2 Quad CPU

Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz

3.00 GB or RAM

GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB

Question..... Regarding "pre-rendered frames"....what would be a good place for my system to be at? I think I currently have them set to "4".

Also, what is a good visibility distance for my system? I think I'm currently at 1200 - Does that seem about right??

I play on screen reso is set lower.....like 1280 x 960 (I believe). Looking for anyways to keep my FPS up (while making things as clear as possibly, of course....so not to have a headache after playing for more than 40 mins).

Thanks for any help.....