Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

NVIDIA video card(s) owners read here!

I have Beta 191.03 installed and without having measured fps count i really feel a performance boost.

Just played a mission in Chernogorsk with a large amount of units and it ran without any problems. Usually i end up removing units from big missions because of screenlag, but now i can add more :yay:

NVM..already being discussed elsewhere, please to lock.

Edited by BF2_Trooper

Yeah it says up to 12% performance increase in ARMA 2 on softpedia. Gonna try it out. This thread should blow up with posts soon. Thanks for the info

Actually, I CAN see a big performance boost, I cant tell you how much FPS, but its noticable, very noticable. Thanks NViDiA. :yay:

With all 190 drivers arma2 ran 12% slower than with 180 driver so maybe they just fixed that out ^^

Ok, I've been tweaking my system for about 2 hours since I installed these.

As of right now my Arma Mark score went from 7917 to around 6600 with these drivers using the same settings with 190.38's.

However certain portions of the test increased quit a bit, (base flyover, tank portion and the halo drop) but the rest decreased. the biggest loss was the spin test for me. Typically I get 113 FPS on the spin test and now I am getting 77?:confused:

Also, now when I run this test fraps shows higher numbers than the game is scoring for me, by alot (like 20ish+)

I think these may improve certain things for alot of people. But for me, there is still some tweaking to do.

Edited by ICE-Raver

This only for Vista & Windows 7? so for Window XP user need not worry about the 12% performance boost? sorry just curious cause i'm still waiting for my paycheck to buy Arma 2 :)

As of right now my Arma Mark score went from 7917 to around 6600 with these drivers using the same settings with 190.38's.

Have you ran ArmA2 mark 2 times in a row ? If not do it and post again ! Otherwise the results always have that differences.

Have you ran ArmA2 mark 2 times in a row ? If not do it and post again ! Otherwise the results always have that differences.

I ran it about 10 times in a row.;)

Confirming that 182.50 drivers are still the best. With these drivers textures and objects don't even load fully, so i got block trees and grass and half/blurred textures.

This only for Vista & Windows 7? so for Window XP user need not worry about the 12% performance boost? sorry just curious cause i'm still waiting for my paycheck to buy Arma 2 :)

There is one for XP you just have to look for it.

Will heres my results and my noob attempt to use paint mode :D

results.png

Test one always seemed to score lower when first runing arma 2 mark. Thats after booting up arma 2 then runing arma mark 2 for the first time.

Hardware i tested on

Core i7 920 @ 2.67ghz

6gb ram

Asus GTX 275

Windows 7 Pro 64bit full version

uhhh, you can run arma mark 5 times in a row and have the score vary by more than 100 points each time...

I mean in each scene sorry. Usually it's only 2-3 FPS but after a little more clock push, it's more around 10-11ish. In game is smoother too. Just "feels" better.

Tried out the 191.03 drivers, noticed a definite performance increase but also some definite BSODs. Interestingly not in Arma2 but one in Windows and one while playing COD4. :(

Uninstalled, rolled back to 190.62.

Tried out the 191.03 drivers, noticed a definite performance increase but also some definite BSODs. Interestingly not in Arma2 but one in Windows and one while playing COD4. :(

Uninstalled, rolled back to 190.62.

I had 1 BSOD while running Arma Mark myself.

Arma 2 1.04.59026:

drivers:

190.62 -> 191.03 -> (with a new ArmA2.cfg)

ArmAII-Mark v1.0 scores (2nd run):

3548 -> 3538 -> 3572

No real difference on my gtx 280 in vista64. No bsod so far, but if I see any I'm rolling back.

I get 8 to 10 fps more with this new driver :-)

would be nice if you post also what card and OS :)