Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

NVIDIA video card(s) owners read here!

look in ArmaII mark thread, I have everything low though but I was getting fps in the 30's at 1280x1024-75hz

just my game wont stay on long enough for me to choose my kit before crashing to desktop lol

I found the newer drivers mixed with Arma 2 were giving me BSOD's with Nv4_disp.dll error.

182.50 = no bluescreens but still crashing to desktop, I'd rather have that tbh, getting BSOD everytime is more frustrating.

Installed 190.38 driver (full not beta) for GTX 295

Arma 2 graphics turned to crap no matter what settings I tried all single plane objects - no textures?

All otherprograms/games were fine.

Re-Installed 186.18 and all back to normal?

Is their something in the 190.38 driver that I do not know about?

The 190.38 driver gives me more option settings with Arma 2 but still could not get working right and went back to 186.18.

Is their a 186.50?

HELP!!

I've tried dropping the resolution down, the fill rate, and the graphic settings and I only get an extra 5FPS.

Is this game really that CPU limited?

Nvidia GTX 295 Settings for Arma 2

PHYSX - Disabled

Antialiasing - Gamma Correction - ON

Antialiasing - Mode - Application Controlled

Maximum pre-rendered frames - 8

Multi-GPU performance mode NVIDIA recommended (MULTI-GPU)

Multi-display/mixed-GPU Acceleration - Single display performance mode

Remainder are default.

Suggestions for improvement ?

Why do people knock the 8800GTX ? I am getting the same FR as people with the GTX295's !

I tried the new drivers with the evga SLI patch, and not only did i not see an increase in FPS, the whole game was flashing purple. needless to say, i rolled back to my old drivers.

and for the record, I'm not getting that great of FPS anyway, and im pretty upset at that fact since i have a pretty nice rig. basic stats are as follows:

quad core extreme 3 gig proc

8 gigs of RAM @ 1333mhz

3 GTX260s in 3way SLI

running the game with the -winxp or not doesn't do jack to help the FPS either. whatever monkeys yall have at BIS tweaking your settings need to get fed another banana... that or have some taken away for the crap work they're doing.

I am getting around 25 fps with the latest Nvidia driver (190.38) and the latest EVGA SLI patch (Version 14). I have the resolution set @ 1920x1200 with everything set to very high except for Anisotropic filtering @ normal, Anti-aliasing @ normal, post process effects @ low and vertical sync is forced off. Also disabling Physx made no difference.

Lowering the resolution makes no real difference and the game starts to look blurry. The hard drive is always going mad as well. I run it on my raid 0 configuration. A defrag made no effect on loading times in the game.

Pretty happy with how it runs over all. There is an awful lot going on in the game and a hell of a lot of things to load in game. The CPU hovers around 50% usage and ram around 40%.

Hmm. i don't have any problems with my new GTX 285 and ArmA2. Got more FPS and more stable FPS than my old 8800GTX. And i'm using the newest nvidia drivers.

---------- Post added at 08:00 ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 ----------

Nvidia GTX 295 Settings for Arma 2

PHYSX - Disabled

Antialiasing - Gamma Correction - ON

Antialiasing - Mode - Application Controlled

Maximum pre-rendered frames - 8

Multi-GPU performance mode NVIDIA recommended (MULTI-GPU)

Multi-display/mixed-GPU Acceleration - Single display performance mode

Remainder are default.

Suggestions for improvement ?

Hi.

Try to set all the NVIDIA Control Panel t default in the Basic and do the same for your arma2 profile in NV CP.

Set Antialiasing - Gamma Correction - OFF

That's the only thing i have edit in my NV CP.

I don't use nHancer ether only for some other games.

All my ArmA2 settings are in game.

Try all that and see if you still have texture problems.

- Maybe use 4 GB RAM in your computer instead, no SLI only one GPU

Cheers

I am getting around 25 fps with the latest Nvidia driver (190.38) and the latest EVGA SLI patch (Version 14). I have the resolution set @ 1920x1200 with everything set to very high except for Anisotropic filtering @ normal, Anti-aliasing @ normal, post process effects @ low and vertical sync is forced off. Also disabling Physx made no difference.

Lowering the resolution makes no real difference and the game starts to look blurry. The hard drive is always going mad as well. I run it on my raid 0 configuration. A defrag made no effect on loading times in the game.

I also used to have 25fps with a single 9600GT card. Now with a second 9600GT in SLI mode, i get the exact same 25fps! :( i'm so pissed off...

I tried everything mentionned in this thread. Still stuck around 25fps. SLI is working great on Crysis demo for instance. That SLI issue should be the priority of bugfixes imho.

I'm using Windows XP pro x64 too. Is there a known x64 issue for SLI with ArmaII ?? :confused:

I got 10-20 fps up by v-sync force off and putting max pre-rendered frames up to 8.

Now i get 30-50fps.

Settings aa off, anist filter off, postpros off. All the rest are normal

There is a video on Youtube of a guy playing a 1500 AI battle in the dark and it looks like he is getting 60+ FPS. The weird part is here are his specs:

"Windows xp 32 bit/Windows 7 64 bit (Dual boot)

ATI Radeon 4870 512mb

4GB DDR2 RAM (2x 2GB sticks)

Intel Dual Core E8500 @ 3.7ghz

And a crap sound card :P"

What is wrong with this game??

It doesnt like some of us and

I believe those are

Richie Speed's setup lol cus i checked it the other day also.

There is a video on Youtube of a guy playing a 1500 AI battle in the dark and it looks like he is getting 60+ FPS. The weird part is here are his specs:

"Windows xp 32 bit/Windows 7 64 bit (Dual boot)

ATI Radeon 4870 512mb

4GB DDR2 RAM (2x 2GB sticks)

Intel Dual Core E8500 @ 3.7ghz

And a crap sound card :P"

What is wrong with this game??

That dude on youtube was probably running the game at a low resolution. Youtube's not exactly known for HD video. But yea, I saw the video and it was amazing. My game doesn't look like that.

Hmm. i don't have any problems with my new GTX 285 and ArmA2. Got more FPS and more stable FPS than my old 8800GTX. And i'm using the newest nvidia drivers.

---------- Post added at 08:00 ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 ----------

Hi.

Try to set all the NVIDIA Control Panel t default in the Basic and do the same for your arma2 profile in NV CP.

Set Antialiasing - Gamma Correction - OFF

That's the only thing i have edit in my NV CP.

I don't use nHancer ether only for some other games.

All my ArmA2 settings are in game.

Try all that and see if you still have texture problems.

- Maybe use 4 GB RAM in your computer instead, no SLI only one GPU

Cheers

All seems to be good for 260/285 Nvidia just not the 295?

Maybe then next patch of ARMA will fix things up?

i have:

gtx 280

phenom x4 940

cant get over 30 FPS on village sweep starup. whatever i do

except one thing:

I changed the value "sceneComplexity=1000000;" in the file "Name.ArmA2Profile" in my documents/profile folder

when i put it to 50000 insteed, my FPS raised to 50 FPS. (but the game looks aweful lol)

sceneComplexity=?;

anisoFilter=?;

FSAA=?;

postFX=?;

these values are the most heavy :)

not necessarily must play at most of the graphics. is a simulator and is still beautiful even played average retail

(sry for my english) bye :rolleyes:

Ive tryed almost every combination of every suggestion made here in this forum, and nothing seems to do much more than improve by a few FPS or more. I dont believe that there is some magic combination that everybody is looking for that will make the game run smooth and fast.

I have spent the past 2 days properly testing all the Nvidia drivers from 169.25 all the way up to the newest beta drivers, and even tested the SLI patches from EVGA and Nvidia with the proper drivers they match. I have found that version 180.48 works best for my computer, the graphics are crisp, and the textures load the fastest. All other drivers make the game look very blurry, and LOD load times are very slow. im getting around 30FPS flying around the map, but it drops down to around 12FPS flying over chernogorsk.

here is my ArmA.cfg for those whom it may help... and for those who are actually "in the know" about what this stuff means... i sure as hell dont, and have been playing with this file like mad over the past two days. If anybody that knows better spots something wrong as i suspect i have input wrong numbers for the local and non local VRAM anyway...

ARMA.CFG

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=100000;

Resolution_W=1680;

Resolution_H=1050;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

refresh=60;

Render_W=1680;

Render_H=1050;

FSAA=2;

postFX=0;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=2791728742;

nonlocalVRAM=2491728742;

sceneComplexity=400000;

soundEnableHW=1;

Basic system specs

Vista x64

X9650 quad core extreme 3Ghz

Nvidia i790 FTW mobo

8 Gigs of RAM @ 1333mhz

3x GTX260 OCE2 Video cards

running physx disabled because the game doesnt use it anyway, and with SLI enabled.

Ive tryed almost every combination of every suggestion made here in this forum, and nothing seems to do much more than improve by a few FPS or more. I dont believe that there is some magic combination that everybody is looking for that will make the game run smooth and fast.

Basic system specs

Vista x64

X9650 quad core extreme 3Ghz

Nvidia i790 FTW mobo

8 Gigs of RAM @ 1333mhz

3x GTX260 OCE2 Video cards

running physx disabled because the game doesnt use it anyway, and with SLI enabled.

I'm sure there is an issue with SLI and x64 systems. Adding a second card didn't do anything on my XP 64 system. :j:

I'm sure there is an issue with SLI and x64 systems. Adding a second card didn't do anything on my XP 64 system. :j:

SLI definitely works on my system. With out it enabled I only get around 18 ~22 fps and 25 ~ 30 with it on. The main thing that seems to be making this game lag for me is the loading of objects in game. The hard drive is constantly working. Every time I turn it stutters as it has to load new objects. It would be great if the game used my spare 3 gig of ram for pre loading objects rather than loading from the HD constantly.

Ok guys, Here is the tale of my quest to get Arma 2 running at 40 fps solid at 1680x1050 with everything on high except post processing which is on low.

I started with an e8400 dual core at 3ghz, 4 gb of 1066 RAM and 2 GTX 260's in SLI. I was getting 23 fps max. Thinking that the game is CPU limited from comments here and seeing as I have some beefy video cards I upgraded the CPU to a q9550 at 2.83 ghz. Still not good enough. Only when I bought an Arctic Freezer 7 Pro CPU cooler and overclocked the CPU to 3.4 ghz did I get rock solid performance. No frame rate dips, even in Chernogorsk(?).

This is on an EVGA 750i FTW with the RAM clock unlinked and the voltages left at stock, BUT set manually. Leaving voltages on auto when overclocking can do weird things. The FSB is set to 1600 and my RAM timings are 5-5-5-15 at 2.1 volts. I am running the 186.18 drivers with the EVGA SLI fix. My video cards are EVGA GTX 260s, one is a 216 shader model and the other is a 192 (bastards could not release the 216 two weeks earlier...). My temps hover between 65 and 70 after about 30 minutes of gameplay, and I have a CoolerMaster HAF 922 case that I have added two extra fans to the four that came with the case. I'd like to slap the engineer that thought that the fan placement on the 200 series was a good idea for those using the card in SLI. The top fan intake is always obscured unless you rig up a duct, which is what I did.

Those drivers are win for me. Crysis reports 24 fps in fraps and EVGA precision but plays like I am getting double that. Seriously weird. No framerate dips and smooth as butter at 1680x1050 with everything on high. When it plays well, Crysis is amazing. I am a total cloak whore, crawling into bases without firing a shot, planting my charges and exfiltrating and watching it blow from a mountian overlooking the base. To get even further off topic, The only thing I hate about Crysis is that the game goes to great lengths to make you the star. There is no way one guy would be assaulting some of those targets even with the nanosuit. GREAT stuff though, but the AI does not hold a candle to Arma2.

Hope this helps someone.

Did anyone encounter the issue of missing, and/or flickering white and/or sometimes static (like on a bad TV) textures?

I was playing the game just fine on my high end system (see sig) on Vista 64. Then yesterday, I didnt change anything, but felt like giving a clean install of Windows 7 64 bit a shot.

Now, I cant play the game at all, I get the constant white and/or missing textures all over the place.

Has anyone fixed this? Im running the latest nvidia drivers of course.

Edit:

the -winxp fix partially worked for me, though apparently you lose some graphical glitz when you use this. Also, the "whites" are still far too bright (for example, in the begniing of the campaign, when u are on the carrier, the white on the red cones and uniforms causes a huge halo glare)

Edited by skypine27