Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

NVIDIA video card(s) owners read here!

try driver 182.50 (I am also on 8800GT and find this driver hasn't returned any blue screens yet, and less crashes...only 2 crashes to desktop last night)

try driver 182.50 (I am also on 8800GT and find this driver hasn't returned any blue screens yet, and less crashes...only 2 crashes to desktop last night)

Turn off "threaded optimization" in your driver control panel, or via nHancer. See if that helps the BSOD's and CTD's. Did for me.

yeah I did that with the 190 and it didnt help, I still turn it off (actually just checked it was on Auto, had no probs last night)with 182.50 though (with 182.50 I have got physX enabled and no probs so far, can't see any difference either mind...lol)

Edited by wooly-back-jack

I have an 8800 GT, and I've tried all the drivers from 177 to the 190 beta. I have tried tweaking the various Control Panel settings suggested here in the forums, I've tried turning all kinds of in-game settings up and down... but it doesn't prevent the "Nividia Display Driver has stopped working unexpectedly" error which crashes the system.

And it happens at seemingly random intervals. Sometimes after an hour of play, sometimes with in 15 minutes.

It never happens anywhere else, except while playing ArmA 2. (Not even ArmA 1).

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 7/22/2009, 11:07:42

Machine name: HAL001

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: INTEL_

System Model: DG33FB__

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 2030MB RAM

Page File: 496MB used, 3425MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 8800 GT

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0611&SUBSYS_23301682&REV_A2

Display Memory: 512.0 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (75Hz)

Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0011.9038 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 7/14/2009 11:54:00, 5842816 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: No

WHQL Date Stamp: None

VDD: n/a

Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys

The game is broken so your really just spinning your wheels. Wait for the patch.

^^ this ^^

save your frustrations. i wasted many a weekend trying to sort it out - it's obviously in dire need of a patch by all accounts but those who would like you to buy new hardware :)

After install new beta drivers my arma looks like this.. :(

beznzvuiwm.png

And even this didnt help performance at all :(

*EDIT:

I got Intel C2D 8500 @ 3,9Ghz, 8GB ram, nVidia GTX 260, Win Vista SP2 x64

Edited by Drasta

Well i hope for a new patch soon to fix all the GTX2xx series problems. Not sure why there is so much bug in arma2 for users with GTX 2xx GPU, probably because BIS dev never used a single GTX 2xx wile they was making the game, and what about the beta testers?

I'm gonna buy a new Geforce GTX 285, 2GB RAM tomorrow and i'm sure i gonna got the same problems like the others have here with GTX 2xx series... so BIS.. release the f... patch so users with GTX 2xx can play the game without any graphical errors.

here are my screens with a X-Treme G 185.81 (Vista 64) Driver

On the Free field

arma22009-07-2311-57-48-65.jpg

arma22009-07-2311-48-37-40.jpg

My Config Dual Core 8600@ 3.3GHZ,GF 260 GTX,Asus Striker 2 Formula with 4 Gig DDR 2 Ram,24" Acer screen,Vista64 SP1

i have also updated nforce driver with the 15.25 winvista64........

inside Electro

arma22009-07-2312-24-57-61.jpg

arma22009-07-2312-24-27-53-1.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

hope this helps anyone.........

Edited by RagingBull

Wow nice performance.

Are those special tweaked drivers? I found the download but i cannot find any comparison between original and these tweaked drivers

Well.... the moment of truth. I bought my new GeForce GTX 285 2GB PhysX CUDA today and got no problem at all. The game run smooth and more stable FPS..

I'm gonna do some more test :)

Wow nice performance.

Are those special tweaked drivers? I found the download but i cannot find any comparison between original and these tweaked drivers

yep theese are tweaked driver but don't ask me what exactly they tweaked..:p

i had the previous 190.xx beta driver and got some fps more with higher details with that tweaked driver...

190.xx drivers beta/whql doesn't do other games any favors, gta4 won't even work anymore even after rolling back/driver cleaning... great.

I got 2-4fps higher with 190.38 WHQL driver

Getting better slowly for me since it come out ;), lets hope i get a few more fps next nvidia drivers and arma2 patch

Well i hope for a new patch soon to fix all the GTX2xx series problems. Not sure why there is so much bug in arma2 for users with GTX 2xx GPU, probably because BIS dev never used a single GTX 2xx wile they was making the game, and what about the beta testers?

I'm gonna buy a new Geforce GTX 285, 2GB RAM tomorrow and i'm sure i gonna got the same problems like the others have here with GTX 2xx series... so BIS.. release the f... patch so users with GTX 2xx can play the game without any graphical errors.

I'm fine with GTX 280s but I really think this is driver dependant. The 185.xx drivers and beyond seem to be a mixed bag and I always find myself reverting to 182.50 under Win 7 64 as they are very unstable in my experience (and not just with A2).

Other people seem to have no problems with them. I use 190.38 under XP 64 with no issues but under Win 7 I started getting weird behaviour in WiC, CoH and Vantage to name a few.

Eth

First off, hello everyone! :D

Perhaps some other people can confirm this, and it can be added to the OP.. but I was banging my head against the wall trying to get the 'Razor 2' mission to get over 10 FPS in the city. I have the 190.38 drivers and on a whim decided to disabled 'power management mode' in the Nvidia CP. That one thing has done more to improve my FPS than pretty much anything else I've tried so far.

Hi.

Power management mode:

Description:

This feature allows you to set a preference for your graphics card's performance level when running 3D applications.

- Adaptive allows the graphics driver to automatically determine the proper performance state based on GPU usage. This mode helps save power when 3D applications do not demand the card's maximum capabilities.

- Prefer maximum performance maintains the card at it's maximum performance state when 3D applications are running regardless of GPU usage, which can increase power consumption.

I still keep mine on "Adaptive " ;)

Thx für the answers, but i have now a bigger problem.

i get display error in the bios (!)

And Bluescreens with "Infinite Loop Error / nv4_disp.dll"

So i completely remove the drivers in the XP Save-Mode.

After that i could start window normally, but now i can't start any 3d-GAME, cause -> nv4_disp.dll errors.

Even those, which ran before i installed that piece "SHHI...", called ARMA2.

So i think my graphic card is damaged.

It's a mess!!!

Very strange.. I wonder if it was something else that I did. :confused:

This was late last night as my last test.. I actually changed it in the Arma2.exe Nvidia profile, not in the main CP. My test is the barracks in the Razor 2 mission, which had performance so bad I couldn't continue the game.

Well thanks for your comment MJK-Ranger, I'll keep poking around.

I have a question of what settings I should have my NVIDIA 8800GTX set to? My computer specks are in my signature. This is what I have the Manage 3Ds Settings set to:

NVIDIA Control Panel/Manage 3d Settings/Global Settings

Anisotropic: 8x

Antialising Gamma Correction: On

Antialising Mode: Override any application settings

Antialising Settings: 4x

Antialising Transparency: Supersampling

Conformant texture clamp: use hardware

Error Reporting: On

Extension Limit: On

Force MipMaps: trilinear

Multi display/mixed GPU acceleration: Single display performance mode

Stereo: Use onboard DIN connector

Texture Filtering Negative LOD bias: Allow

Texture Filtering Quality: High quality

Threaded Optimization: On

Triple Buffering: On

Veritcal Sync: Force on

Any suggestions so I can get the best quality graphics?

I'd be going for performance over quality with 8 series card mate, I have one myself and it runs like a tortoise through treacle (compared to what you would expect)

I am running the 190.38 Drivers, and am getting less than 20fps in most areas.

My ARMA2-Mark score is 1955.

Specs:

Vista 64

Q6600 Stock Settings

4GB DDR2 Ram

SLI 880 GTX

I am using the new SLI Enhancer Profile, disabled Physx, and properly set my VRAM - what is wrong?

try 182.50 (I have 8800GT and found these to be best)

try knocking the settings down a bit, both ingame and in nvcontrol panel.

AA off

Post processing off