Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

NVIDIA video card(s) owners read here!

How I miss the days where you grabbed a game, threw it in your floppy/cdrom and started it and there was no need to tweak, config and rearrange the code...it just worked.

Singleplayer runs fine for me on generally very high settings, but when it comes to the multiplayer (which by the way is the reason I bought this game) its a sader story.

I am running an intel i7-950, 6 gigs of ram, and two normal gtx 295s. Using the latest stable nvidia driver with the added sli profile, on windows 7 ultimate RC 1. All the patches applied and such, no antivirus or firewall.

While the single player seems to be able to run for aslong as it takes, when I join a multiplayer game I last from 5-20 minutes as so many other gtx 295 owners I have noticed. There seems to be no red line as to when it happens, as I have seen people mentioning it only happening when they have a lot of traffick on their screen. For me it happens randomly. I can be out in the forest, looking at a tree or in some village with fifteen humwees around me. Or I can be on top of some cliff, with my scope open.

While I appriciate how hard it must be for developers to maintain a game that works with all the hardware out today, I am getting frustrated :( Tried all the usual stuff that people post on these forums, with the different tags and such added to commandline, changes of configuration files, running the game as crysis.exe etc etc. But nothing has helped.

So now I am just sitting here, waiting for a patch that hopefully solves this.

WIll be trying with the former posters taglines and see what gives. -- If that did anything, it was causing the crash quicker >:<

Edited by thescorp

You are using an unsupported Beta operating system, you may have to wait a long time for a patch that fixes the game in W7.

You are using an unsupported Beta operating system, you may have to wait a long time for a patch that fixes the game in W7.

Same problem in Vista. So its most likely not down to the OS.

No problems in Vista for me or many others, sorry.

No, but if you took two seconds to check the forums you would see that this is a general problem that hits alot of people with i7 processors and the gtx 295, which you have neither off.

So instead of answering like this, just let those that actually have these and solutions to fix this answer, thanks.

I have a similar system , i7 295 gtx and 6g of ram on vista 64. Rolled back to 182.50 drivers and no more arma2.exe has stopped working crashes!

I am in the same boat as you interox with same spec.

Are the 182.50 drivers the best to use?

To be honest, the latest 186 drivers give me better performance in all of my other games though.

I have put the game back on the shelf until a patch arrives.

Getting kicked back to desktop any any time has ruined this game for me.

I hope BI can sort it as I am loving the game.

Edited by Barso

Installing nhancer actually seems to have increased the time I can play at a time before getting kicked to desktop. So now its more a 5-40 minute bracket. But think I am doing the same as poster over me, shelfing this game till we get some proper patching.

To bad there arent alot of new good games around :(

I'm on i7 920 @ 3.8, with Asus 285 Top's in Sli, latest drivers killed the game but 182.06 removes BSOD, stutter, artifacts and yeah, it hasn't frozen either..

As a comparative test I reinstalled 186.18 and encountered graphics probs and good old arma2.exe has stopped working. I'd just managed to snatch and repair a downed KA-52 black too :( Going back to 182.50 now , will post back later

Just tried the very, very beta driver from 3dguru.

No joy here either sadly.

Installing ARMA2 + patch 1.02.58134 on my pc (Windows7RC x64 on Q9550/ABIT P35/8Gb RAM/8800GTX) with all new WHQL nVidia drivers (I try 186.16, 185.85) I have much texture and lod bugs (missing or flicker textures, simplified models without any textures - only materials, etc.)

After rollback to 181.71 x64 beta driver - all work fine.

P.S. Game is exciting, but graphic problems is very annoying.

SO now i have Removed all old ATI drivers and installed the NVIDIA 185.8 Drivers... But problem is still there. After 2 - 30 mins the Game Crash with a one Color Screen Black/Olive and i must Reboot my Computer.

Tell us your PSU specifications, Amp at 12v, Model, Power Max..

Temp Graphic card and CPU.

Tell us your PSU specifications, Amp at 12v, Model, Power Max..

Temp Graphic card and CPU.

(Already posted)

Intel Core 2 Qual Extreme X9650 @ 4x3,6 GH

3GB Kingston HypterX DDR2 1066 Ram

Asus Maximus Formula Motherboard

Zotac Geforce GTX285 AMP Edition

Targan 500W Powersuply

Windows 7 RC1 with all Updates

Nvidia Drivers: 185.85

3 Harddrives and 2 BluRay-Drives

CPU Temp (Max) 50°C

GPU Temp (Max) 87°C

Edited by R34P3R

hello reaper.

it may be something you have overlooked. but it is a 500w PSU that you are using to drive all that hardware plus a major overclock.

i suggest you at least try a 650w supply with the hardware that you are running as a 500w supply (especially a el cheapo TAGAN) is inadequate to efficiently power all your devices.

if you wish to narrow down the cause of your crashes, you should at least try a higher wattage PSU with plenty of juice on the 12v rail. as both your overclock and your zotac will consume a lot of power.

regards./

OK Thanks.. i will try Enermax 650W soon... another 120 euro investment.

hello reaper.

it may be something you have overlooked. but it is a 500w PSU that you are using to drive all that hardware plus a major overclock.

i suggest you at least try a 650w supply with the hardware that you are running as a 500w supply (especially a el cheapo TAGAN) is inadequate to efficiently power all your devices.

if you wish to narrow down the cause of your crashes, you should at least try a higher wattage PSU with plenty of juice on the 12v rail. as both your overclock and your zotac will consume a lot of power.

regards./

edit:

does anyone know witch Powersuply is better ?

SilverStone Element ST65EF, 650W ATX 2.2

Enermax MODU82+ 625W (EMD625AWT)

Enermax LibertyECO 620W ATX 2.3

Zalman ZM600-HP 600W ATX 2.2

Edited by R34P3R

hey guys,

I have the 8 gig problem.I have limited my ram in msconfig and tried winxp trick,Problem is my texture option and memory option only show low and normal.I have uninstalled several drivers and still getting this .Am I missing something

using windows 7

8 gig ram

Phenon denon 2 940

9800 gt bfg

Edited by joman

Hi.

THe following might help you with the random video driver crash of arma2

try the following

"D:\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -winxp -openal -noCB -nosplash

You can view my problem here if you are interested.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/2607

How do i add this to my launch shortcut if im launching thru steam???

My target for the ArmA 2 shortcut is this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 33900

In Steam under tab "My Games", right click ArmA2 and pick properties.

Under "General" tab you should have the "Set Launch Options".

i did have brand new ati 4870x2 few days then i swapped it to xfx gtx295. i didnt ever get arma2 working past opening screen or mission begin it crashed whole pc or just arma2. i thought it was the vidgard faulty. it was psu not strong enough for 4870x2. and i have seasonic 650w. so really check your psu is it up for the job. nvidia has approved psu list in their site it gives good general direction what to have

I have dual gtx 280s... sli'd

i7 3.2 quad core processor

6 gigs o' ram...

Well.. to put it lightly.. Arma 2 runs great! But, any buildings soldiers or tanks beyond 500m.. have a good chance of this... flashy polygon looking thing going on. Like buildings are showing the outlines of each texture it appears? Anyway.. it totally defeats the realistic look of this....

How do I fix? (also.. I don't know how to take a screen shot anymore.. i just got vista and ''print screen'' doesn't seem to wanna paste to my .bmp files)

Download the program "fraps" it has a screen shot command built in on it. Have no idea what your talking about until you get a screen shot posted with a example of what your seeing.

Print screen does work. I use it wen i forget to load FRAPS. FRAPS is better though.

The outlines. Do you mean white ones? Do you use Anti Aliasing? Like Goose said, post images and lets see what were dealing with.

Alex

Ok figured out my problem.my 9800 gt was running at 100 c within 5 minutes of game.died shortly after that

I have dual gtx 280s... sli'd

i7 3.2 quad core processor

6 gigs o' ram...

Well.. to put it lightly.. Arma 2 runs great!

XP?

I think its Nvidia's drivers at fault on Win 7 RC.