Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

NVIDIA video card(s) owners read here!

Im using two ultras in sli with vista 64 and 8gigs of ram, 186.18 drivers, but i have to step the memory down with msconfig trick in order to avoid artifacting. I have tried every trick and this yields the best performance.

oh man i remember goin from a 386 16mhz to a 486 50mhz machine and stunts, a10 tank killer, red baron, 4d boxing and alone in the dark ran so buttery smooth it was amazing... Good times! but hey that 486 50 cost $3k of 1990 money!

Anyone have success with their "old" 8800 Ultra? Was using 174.74 nicely for ArmA. I've been trying many newer versions now without much to say for all the effort. I'm not complaining about frame rates as much, which run anywhere from 20-60 "depending", but rather about graphic artifacts, textures not appearing (light blue bushes especially) no matter how long I wait, and eventually black screen lockup (reboot required).

Dell XPS 720

Intel Core2 Extreme processor QX6850 (OC 3.33GHz)

4GB DDR2 SDRAM at 800MH

768MB nVidia GeForce 8800 Ultra (driver du jour)

150MB Raptor SATA HD (10,000 RPM), 500GB SATA Hard Drive (7200 RPM),

Dell UltraSharp Wide 22"

Win XP Media (32bit)

I now I'm showing my age, but I remember great it was to jump from a 386SX to a 486DX playing Dynamix Red Baron. Was like "glass". We were more tolerant back then (almost 20 years now) regarding frame rates. Enjoyed many flight sims at what must have been 10-15 FPS. Today people would be screaming bloody murder, but back then that was "smooth" - well, choppy actually. But the "chop" was consistent which made them playable. In fact after a while one didn't notice. Now if I could get ArmA2 to run a *steady* 20 FPS I would be happy :)

Nick,

You have virtually identical system components to mine, with the exception of more RAM. I don't know if it's an idiosyncracy of the Ultra, or the fact that I'm using Server 2003, but when I run the game in a window, I get an insane frame rate boost -- more info here...

:butbut:

yes. tis an old adage.

this does summarize the expression quite aptly.

I like that. If I am a 8===D and a (|) then I am totally self sufficient. That is awesome.

I have x2 gtx 280s with the latest drivers. Also I use the recommended SLI program. I run excellently with everything set to Very High with a view distance of 3750... BUT

When I look into the distance the buildings flicker like I can see their structural components ect. This happens constantly throughout the scan of anything beyond 1500m (and some closer)

Is this normal? How do I fix? (I also made all the recommended adjustments to my card settings)

I like that. If I am a 8===D and a (|) then I am totally self sufficient. That is awesome.

i think you may have just proven your ability to create systems :p

The images just look horribly unstable. They always have in all of my Arma and OFP games.. I kinda ignored it. I just happen to have a fantastically built cpu here and I wish I could somehow fix this problem. It really kills the feeling of being a sniper when you are shooting a guy who looks like hes standing next to a piece of modern art instead of a hangar. (the hanger is obviously what it is.. it just flickers... I donno how to describe it..

I wish I knew how to take a screenshot in vista...

LMFAO....

That post is a Classic...

I wish I knew how to take a screenshot in vista...

Try Printscreen?

Then goto PAINT and paste

see if that works for ya bud.

Try Printscreen?

Then goto PAINT and paste

see if that works for ya bud.

That yields just black doesn't it?.

Download Fraps and press F10.

Holy crap. I went into the config and changed

TexQuality=3;

TexMemory=3;

Really enhances the visuals!

I seem to have it running alright now, with AA off except for when I'm looking directly at any sort of foliage, then it comes down to a crawl. Of course it's always randomly crashing and rebooting my entire pc... I'm not sure whether this is my card that I need to RMA or what, but I need to do more testing.... This is taking up way too much time.

Q9550 + Rampage Formula @ 3.4ghz

8 Gigs of DDR2

BFG GTX295

Vista 64

Steam Arma2

My System:

Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1

Language: Dutch (Regional Setting: Dutch)

System Model: Asus P5K

BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/14/08 13:59:09 Ver: 08.00.12

Processor: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz

Memory: 2814MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 10

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295

Manufacturer: Asus

Chip type: GeForce GTX 295

Driver: 186.18 + physX latest driver

Arma 2 Steam version

On my system it is impossible to get the game playable at a decent frame rate (30fps) or higher. All of the suggestions mentioned in this topic have been tried, but no success in raising the frame rate. It does not matter if I use low or high settings, dual gpu or single gpu, physX on or off, SLI enhancement from EVGA, other drivers. The first loading screen with the battleship does show that it is possible to increase the FPS by adjusting settings, but as soon as I go in-game the frame rate drops to an unplayable fps.

Question for technical support from BIS: How is this possible? Is there a chance that we as legal buyers of this game get an official explanation of where the problems originate?

Also I would like to know on what configuration the development team developped and played this game and what drivers they used and what settings they used. Maybe this would be of some help already.

Is there currently being worked on patches to deal with the graphical problems?

I believe that we as consumers have the right to a formal answer.

i think you may have just proven your ability to create systems :p

These days 8====D + 8=====D and (|) + (|) are systems and only in Utah can you have 8===D + (|) + (|) + (|) be a system

Montana: 8===D + serta-sheep-smiley.jpg

The problem with this is, when I pull down the Video Memory menu, the only options I have to select from are Low and Normal. It was my understanding that if the game would correctly identify the card's actual memory, it would enable the High/Very High settings.

I have the same problem like, Texture/LOD blotching.

Game looks like crap.

I only have low and normal options as well. I have 1792mb of vid mem. WTF.

This game was clearly made for ATI cards.

I hope this fix this sooner than later.

I upgraded my system to play this game so I guess I'm a bit disappointed.

I waited for the 1.02patch... game is shocking...

Just installed this beta sli patch from nvidia http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/nvidia_sli_profile_patch_uk.html

and managed to play the game for about 10 mins before getting hacked of with the shower of s*** graphics performance...

When are we getting 1.03 or 1.04 so I could get the chance to play this heap I payed £30 for?

If it does not work when the second 295 arrives later in the week... I am gonna cry.

Ok,

I'm going to check my arma2.cfg

I have 1792mb of video memore per card. I know that sli only used ram of one card and it doesnt double it.

I have 6gigs of ddr3 ram

can some help me convert these so I know if they are correct on my arma2 config.

Thanks.

Seems to work better with the Nvidia Beta patch on a 295 but still far from perfect. I reckon the developers ran out of cash and needed the premature release to help pay towards completing the game. I think we should all get privilege treatment for the release of Arma III.

I've just installed the nvidia sli patch even though I don't use SLI (single gtx260 maxcore edition on an sli mobo)... It seems to have increased fps in the Harvest Red mission (in chernogorsk). I can now run in 1920X1200 with everything high (except terrain).. I only get about 15fps doing that so it's not exactly practical but it's better than the 2 or 3 I was getting with the same settings... It's a step in the right direction!

I have decided to abandon Arma 2 until it is either patched or driver support increases. The game crashes near constantly, runs remarkably slowly and choppily, and the campaign just doesn't interest me enough for me to persevere. It is, to all intents and purposes, a complete disappointment for me.

I have decided to abandon Arma 2 until it is either patched or driver support increases. The game crashes near constantly, runs remarkably slowly and choppily, and the campaign just doesn't interest me enough for me to persevere. It is, to all intents and purposes, a complete disappointment for me.

OK...

Has any one noticed if this has made a diffrence for the 9500/9800 gt owners cause my A2 plays liek a sack of well best not said and im runnign a 9500 gt with a gig of ram.

Has any one noticed if this has made a diffrence for the 9500/9800 gt owners cause my A2 plays liek a sack of well best not said and im runnign a 9500 gt with a gig of ram.

No wonder because 9500gt is a lot slower than 9800 GT.

I've just installed the nvidia sli patch even though I don't use SLI (single gtx260 maxcore edition on an sli mobo)... It seems to have increased fps in the Harvest Red mission (in chernogorsk). I can now run in 1920X1200 with everything high (except terrain).. I only get about 15fps doing that so it's not exactly practical but it's better than the 2 or 3 I was getting with the same settings... It's a step in the right direction!

I've compared EVGA's SLI fix against nVidia's Fix. All i can find is that nVidia added the option for Hybrid SLI. The other Options are the same as in the EVGA Fix. No option added for non-SLI users - there can't be any improvement without using SLI, since the drivers are not affected by this patch. Only users with Hybrid-SLI setups will see improvements. Could be installing the SLI Fix resets settings to default (?).

Anyone who install nVidia's fix should deinstall/remove the EVGA fix before installing nVidia's, if its previously installed!

Edited by apollo4war