Sign in to follow this  
mattyh1986

ARMA2 and Q6600

Hi guys,

Recently acquired arma2 , what an amazing game!

However I am having some serious issues trying to enjoy the game.

Whenever I go into build up areas or a lot starts happening the game becomes completely unplayable, extremely jolty and laggy I cannot turn my view 90 degrees without it jumping and not responding smoothly, this only happens when a lot is going on or in build up areas.

On Manhattan and the level before it was extremely bad, I am at the stage now where I cannot progress past Manhattan because when oh issues with performance, the game chokes up and crashes. I also randomly experience these huge ugly grey and dark coloured pillars across the screen I have no idea what is happening or how to prevent them.

I have tried experiementing with settings going from high to low etc but cannot fix the problem.

My spec:

Nvidia GeForce GTX260

C2Q 6600 (2.4)

3GB RAM

Windows Vista Ultimate

P5N32-SLI Premium (mobo)

As far as I am aware my system should be able to handle the game on high comfortably, I have concerns over lack of processing power but find it hard to belive. Would greatly appreciate help!! open to any suggestions

Many thanks, and hopefully I can be back enjoying this wonderful game very soon.

I'm not sure myself but users of the GTX 2xx series have complained about similar issues. There are several threads on it and one claiming to have a fix in the title, but never read it myself so I'd suggest you have a look.