Hi, Bravo 6, the pourpouse of those NVGs is to act as independent light cells, each one works

indepently from the others and then process the light info in a independent way; it's like the

photo cameras or at least some of 'em. Let's C ya

I like this idea :) When bis nvg goes black and i see nothing - makes me angry :/ btw what about to modify arma1 addon with autobrightness/+- brightness

I finally understand what you meant and found a way to control it with the s_Hole addon.

I also think its annoying when firing a mg at night with NV, the screen gets black and the only think we can see is the muzzle flash.

I just need the "Fixed Range Nightvision (v 0.1) addon" author authorization to use, change and publish what i did and what i thought it would need to be changed in order to add them to the FullNVGoggles.pbo and the future "partialNVGoggles.pbo". I also need the authorization from the trueview author for the Extended_Eventhandlers.pbo.

What i changed and did works fine for ArmA1.

EDIT:

Hi, Bravo 6, the pourpouse of those NVGs is to act as independent light cells, each one works

indepently from the others and then process the light info in a independent way; it's like the

photo cameras or at least some of 'em. Let's C ya

But is it realistic to have that grid effect?! I never saw a NVG with it..

Edited by bravo 6

Hi, at least some civilian ones have it, maybe older military models too, the NVGs used nowadays

don't use 'em, at least that i know or that i'd seen on youtube videos or reading equipment

descriptions arround there. Let's C ya

Edited by wipman

From the different versions and generations I tried and used I have never seen a grid like that..

Well if i find the textures to do such ill do it just for you wipman, if you desire. ;)

ps- I sent a message to s_Hole asking if i could use hes work for this purpose.

the different nvg addons work fine on top of eachother

no need to make a composite "just because"

fixed range nvg will be the first thing i do the day extended eventhandlers for arma2 are released

The Extended Eventhandlers are easy to port to ArmA II, just update some class names by taking them out as they don't exist anymore in ArmA II and edit the requiredversion in the CfgPatch of the Addon.

I would have done it myself but I won't be in front of my own PC until tomorrow night.

Regards,

TB

Hi, nah Bravo6, don't do it for me; i won't gonna buy the ArmA2. Do it for the players that

may be interesed on it, was just an idea, not a suggestion/begging. Let's C ya

Please don't do it, it looks awful.

@wipman I think what you are referring to is the honeycomb anti reflective screen that is used on some optics and this might be visible when looking through those optics with nvg

And yes if you could do something about that ridiculous flooding of the NVGs whe looking in the general vicinity of a light source that would be great. I mean, it is realistic except that there are no light sources in the game strong enough (that we get close too unless you stand in front of a truck with its headlights on)

Edited by anfiach

And yes if you could do something about that ridiculous flooding of the NVGs whe looking in the general vicinity of a light source that would be great. I mean, it is realistic except that there are no light sources in the game strong enough (that we get close too unless you stand in front of a truck with its headlights on)

what you want, can be found in the GDTMod_HDR thread. ;)

Edited by bravo 6

I had permission to use HeinBloed's stuff. Though its not the recent codes, but the old ones.

Heres a test version: FullNVGoggles_Filter_V01 (Removed link)

Edited by bravo 6

actually that's mine, as i said on the other thread aswell

and as i said, i'll release the updated one as soon as A2 XEH is released

also, they would work fine side by side without having to be inside the same addon - like all the other addons are

actually that's mine, as i said on the other thread aswell

and as i said, i'll release the updated one as soon as A2 XEH is released

also, they would work fine side by side without having to be inside the same addon - like all the other addons are

really?!

wow, theres a big confusion with all these codes and authors. Ill remove the link then. Sorry.

Full screen doesn`t work for me. I play with 1920*1200 and 16:10...

=/

Full screen doesn`t work for me. I play with 1920*1200 and 16:10...

=/

What are the symptoms?

I will look into this when i get my ArmA2, i promise.

Until then i have no way to test it or see whats wrong.

I have ~3-4cm black borders on the left and the right...

Can you prevent the Zoom Out (Toggle) from being used with the NVGs on? It's not good that you can have just as wide FOV with them on or off.

I have ~3-4cm black borders on the left and the right...

I think this should be easy to fix.

Can you prevent the Zoom Out (Toggle) from being used with the NVGs on? It's not good that you can have just as wide FOV with them on or off.

hum.. I'm not quite sure if i understand what you exactly mean.

Are you saying people shouldn't be able to Zoom Out, at all, when NVG is selected?

I think its possible but I wouldn't like to remove that option from people. :j:

It shouldn't be an option. The FOV for NVDs is pretty restrictive, a fraction of normal human vision. Ya gotta model the bad with the good.

It works on my old 19'' screen.

Frederf you could say a TFT is pretty restrictive too, a fraction of normal vision. ;)

Are you saying people shouldn't be able to Zoom Out, at all, when NVG is selected?

I think its possible but I wouldn't like to remove that option from people.

I agree very much!

I want full screen NVG. I don't care if it's not realistic. I play at night for the tracer fire and the pretty explosions ..... I don't want to look down a tunnel to see it.

I want full screen NVG. I don't care if it's not realistic. I play at night for the tracer fire and the pretty explosions ..... I don't want to look down a tunnel to see it.

As long as you dont use it in multi player. I would call that a cheat if you play pvp.

As long as you dont use it in multi player. I would call that a cheat if you play pvp.

I only agree on that statement if it is PvP (People Versus People).

In my opinion we get much more fun from the Full NVG. The screen might be very small already, why worse things even more.

@thales100: very nice picture, do you feel this addon cut some of the FOV as mentioned some posts above by Buliwyf?