@thales100: very nice picture, do you feel this addon cut some of the FOV as mentioned some posts above by Buliwyf?

Thanks, no, i think the FOV is absolutely the same on triple at 5040x1050.

Damn! Shame on me! I made a mistake... i loaded 2 NVG addons... :mad:

Now i corrected it and it works... :p

I`m sooooooo sorry bravo6!

:o

Edited by Buliwyf

Damn! Shame on me! I made a mistake... i loaded 2 NVG addons... :mad:

Now i corrected it and it works... :p

I`m sooooooo sorry bravo6!

Arf Arf!

I hate you :p ;)

Partial NVGoggles with Dirty Lens:

partial_nvgoggles_00_s.jpg

In ArmA1 is working fine.

Download: partial_nvgoggles_dirty.pbo (1.3mb)

Can someone please post a reasonable picture using the Partial NVGoggles with Dirty Lens from ArmA2 so i can update the 1st post?

Constructive opinions, suggestions to improve the realistic immersion are welcome.

Edited by bravo 6
typo

Working Fine and dandy mate!

Edit:-

Although you can't see the grain (damn frapps) trust me it is there in game!

arma22009-07-0415-24-52-10.jpg

Edit 2:-

Here's a better one matey!

grain1111.jpg

Edited by ck-claw

Thank you Bravo 6, it adds a lot of immersion.

Another version with added grain would be the ultimate thing :p

Another version with added grain would be the ultimate thing :p

I might look into it, do you have a picture example so i can compair? ;)

Great stuff - Really digging the partial NVG effect. Thanks alot for your work with this bravo6, all this from a fellow who doesn't own the game yet!

I might look into it, do you have a picture example so i can compair? ;)

Well if you know how to cope with the bin files I have made a video showing what kind of effect would be awsome

The grain effect appears in multiplayer TeamDeathmatch game when you are going out the game zone (in green on the GPS).

I'll try myself to search for a way of having this when using NVGs.

Well if you know how to cope with the bin files I have made a video showing what kind of effect would be awsome

The grain effect appears in multiplayer TeamDeathmatch game when you are going out the game zone (in green on the GPS).

I'll try myself to search for a way of having this when using NVGs.

Thats exaclty what i was looking now, actually i installed OFP again just to see how BIS coded the config file.

I already have the several grain texture files to have that changing grain effects, i only need to search for the code now. ;)

If anyone want to share the respective info, please post it :)

edit1: Ok, I found out it has nothing to do with the config. Does anyone know how to create that move grain effect? Is it an animation in the .p3d model?

edit2: Zeinger, remember i don't have the game, im not sure if i have that in my ArmA2 demo mp.

Edited by bravo 6

Bravo 6 : Yes you have this in the demo, just create a MP TDM game using the game wizzard.

Otherwise I was rather thinking about using the existing material of the game to create that effect.

I am searching for a thread where guys were talking about desaturation effect using ingame filters or so, IMO it's more likely something like that.

Dont know why people think that modern NVG must have grain and other effects?

With every new generation of NVG models the vision gets better and better.

Maybe make an addon where USMC and Russia get the latest NVG generation and all other faction may use early generations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D66MwT34TZg

I know it's not that realistic, but I must say for now the arma2 NVGs are not convincing either and with more grain we will at least a great old NVG.

And modding this game is all about making the game the way you want it to be :p

edit : here is the thread I was looking for.

This thread by tajin explains it all.

It may be not that hard after all ...

edit 2 : just add ""filmGrain" ppEffectEnable true;" in your soldier initialization to see the effect.

Edited by Zeinger

edit 2 : just add ""filmGrain" ppEffectEnable true;" in your soldier initialization to see the effect.

This does nothing to my ArmA2 Demo, BIS NVG.

Ill read the other threads and see what i can use.

edit1: the "ppEffect collection" only works for ArmA2, so ill have to wait for my ArmA2 Simulator.

edit2: Does anyone want a Partial NVGoggles without the dirty texture, ie, partial and clean?

Edited by bravo 6

My bad, apparently it only works when it has been activated before, or something like that.

You should try this instead

"filmGrain" ppEffectEnable true;

"filmGrain" ppEffectAdjust [0.3, -1, 2, 0.05, 0.3, false]; "filmGrain" ppEffectCommit 1;

directly in the soldier's initialization.

I tried to make it start when NVGs are used without success.

In fact I'm pretty bad at scripting, I don't even achieved to make it start with an external script without using NVGs (replace the normal view with a grained one)

Well, at least in my Demo, i can't see the Grain effect in the NVG when using that code in the init field.

It works on my old 19'' screen.

Frederf you could say a TFT is pretty restrictive too, a fraction of normal vision. ;)

Um, not to be too harsh but the field of view of the character has absolutely nothing to do with the size of your monitor. You can display 180° FOV on a 10" monitor or you can display 10° FOV on a 30" monitor. They are absolutely independent.

The A/N-PVS 7 has a field of view of 40° thus you shouldn't be allowed to use the Zoom Out out Zoom Out (Toggle) commands while wearing night vision since that gives you a FOV of greater than 40°.

Bravo 6 when you get your copy test the "film grain" by changing the values around quite a bit before settling for it. You can tweak out real nice effect. ARMA2 uses i think smallest or 1 size bigger grain, but i tested to make the grain even bigger - but less visible wich created a very nice and much more realistic NVG feeling.

I havent dont his in the actual mod, but just tested over the whole screen in a mission im making as we can add this and colour change to the init.sqf. :) But bigger grain - less visible - made it look more proper. Just a hint to test when you can.

PS. Think its the first value for size of grain if my mind isnt failing (might do...).

"filmGrain" ppEffectAdjust [0.3, -1, 2, 0.05, 0.3, false]; "filmGrain" ppEffectCommit 1;

Alex

What the heck is with the scratches on the lens? They should not be in focus at all. Try putting on some scratched sunglasses and look far away, you cannot see any scratches on the glasses clearly.

@Alex72: yup i will test it when i get my ArmA2 and improve it on this field. I confirm, in the ArmA2 Demo we can't see any grain even if you set it in init field.

@Frederf: Yeah, i could blur the lens scratches a little bit. Also i could post a simple version without any dirt, only with the partial black field.

i'd like to see a clear version of it aswell

the dirt seriously darkens the view, and the dirt is distracting

also, would it be possible to have it stretch to the screen, so that widescreen views have it wider and tripleheads would see it across all screens?

Have to say that the surround is perfect just like the "True NVgoggles" for Arma1. I personally really like the dirty version (love a bit of dirt me).

It maybe could do with its opacity being slightly more and a tiny bit of blur filter added so its not perfectly clear (the overlayed dirt/scratch texture im refering too), but this is a mainstay for me now, thanks.

i'd like to see a clear version of it aswell

the dirt seriously darkens the view, and the dirt is distracting

also, would it be possible to have it stretch to the screen, so that widescreen views have it wider and tripleheads would see it across all screens?

Do you mean like this, the full screen version works just fine on triple setups :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1345205&postcount=49

On this weekend ill see what i can do to a more blurry version and on an other partial clear one.