Sign in to follow this  
Brendon

Suggestion: Get some black voice actors next time

yeahhhh ..riiigghhhht ...

i'm sure you know a lot of guys named mamadou who looks like that

protip : type mamadou in google image and look what kind of guys are named like that

Edited by Zeinger

One day all 14 year olds will use google to find their morals.

Well, at least I am old enought to give up and declare you winner of this troll battle.

Congrats.

Edited by Zeinger

Mamadou is actually a place in the African country Niger. Oh Google, my friend..

Edited by sparks50

Well, at least I am old enought to give up and declare you winner of this troll battle.

Congrats.

Look how fucking awesome I am.

(The first name is probably of sub-Saharan African origin. The second name does looks Latin in construction but whatever, I am not an expert. Neither do I think the voice actor is black just because of his name.)

Where do Bohemia interactive hail from? Eastern Europe?

Probably not too many black people over there to do voice acting. And the ones that are spend a lot of time dodging lynching squads.

Eastern Europe is not exactly known for its inclusive, open-minded social norms. If you want proof, look at what happens when a football team with black players visits.

Probably not too many black people over there to do voice acting. And the ones that are spend a lot of time dodging lynching squads.

Eastern Europe is not exactly known for its inclusive, open-minded social norms. If you want proof, look at what happens when a football team with black players visits.

They come from Germany, and that country is not racist due to very harsh punishments for it

They come from Germany, and that country is not racist due to very harsh punishments for it

What ? That's the second time somebody thinks that BIS is from Germany. Or you were talking about something else ? :)

Hmpf, now that's quite an assumption. We don't have any "Eastern-europian-KKK" lynching squads in here :D

Edited by Salvatore_Lee

Well, Czech Republic is in Central Europe, and there are not any major racist groups. Yes, there are some minor group who think that and that but these are everywhere. And in Prague there is many black people and no one have problem with them. No KK klan there.

If you had looked into your manual you'd noticed that the voice actor for Sgt Miles is named Mamadou Diavando.

So I guess you are pretty wrong about the black-white male voice thing.

And if you would have looked you'd seen it says:

1stSgt Patrick "Eightball" Miles

Actor: Mamadou Diavando

Voice: Joachim Benloulou

People can vary in thier tone and voice. I know white guys who sound black, mexican, and such and big black guys who have fairly high pitched voices, and talk like rich white folks.

is it plausible for miles to sound the way he does? absolutly. was it the right choice for an voice actor? ehh... thats what the debate was about

I however do find their choices (whether intentional or unintentional) a little refreshing from the standard hollywood affair. For me it somewhat increases the authenticity of it because every one does not sound like some bigshot voice actor with voices so low and gravely it sounds like some one is beating a whale to death. yeah some of the lines are awkward or badly written/preformed, but, not every one you meet or talk to on the street has a good voice or can think of the best line to respond

Not different than any other east-west-european country I suppose.

But you could be right, there arent a lot of black guys I suppose. Also I don't care.

Miles sound like a 14 years old but thats it. I don't have a problem with his race-

Guest anselnobel

Thanks for the posting. I really like the info. Keep posting..info

Seriously, Master Sergeant Miles isn't fooling anybody. If you've heard him, you know there's a problem. He's the blackest person in game, with a white computer nerd voice. When I first heard him talking, I thought it was someone else.

I'm not being racist or anything, but it would be like giving a fully grown man a babies voice, and visa versa. English voice acting in the game, in general, is pretty horrible. Marines don't talk, nor sound like that.

Black have other voice ? hmmm... i haven't know that , i thought it depends are you grown since child in language or not

i know example of one Black girl in Poland, she spoke to someone in bus , i would never expected other voice sound , she spoke like other persons , only when she left bus i saw her face, but i didn't hear anything special in her voice

human voice depends of race ? not from child-addicts from surrounding area (literature or gang style)

when i heard Mythbusters, there is Asian and i he also for me sounds American "rrrrrr", just like my aunt living in Canada since 60s also have this "rrrr"

i am surprised to hear that there is difference in mouth between races

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

what a stupid comment

football hooligans are always most stupid part of society, just like in US there is legal swastika and anyone can wear SS uniform, which in my country can be arrested

if you wanna base view on footbal hooligan morons than you can also say US = only gangsters from rap music which are cop-killers and drug dealers

even i know that US is not only gangsta rap society , so saying something when you see hooligan (football hools are worst extreme in all countries)

it is like saying about society when TV shows skinheads, in my country we had skinheads march... country has 40 milions people, skinheads were 40 people , hahaha, 40 people on 40 milions , important to note, even not 1 permile, 0.001 percent of society ?

they do worse things - beat people on street , broke windows in restaurants, stab with knife - all in the name of football

Edited by vilas

Cooper's voice actor was white, but it wasn't really noticeable. You don't get some sort of genetic tag on the sound of your voice just because of your skin color, anyway.

But dear god, they should have combed the building for willing janitors once they heard the guy doing Miles' voice.

Vilas: The racism that matters is almost never the hooliganism, and Eastern Europe wins no more prizes than Birmingham, Alabama.

but making society view of few 0.1 or 0.001 percent of society is stupid

football hooligans are hooligans , not view of society that would like to put police with machinegun

they not only shout, also kill each other, use axe, knife, broking windows in cars, blocks, restaurants , bus stops etc. they destroy trains, wagons, stations, everytime some policemen need hospital treatment etc.

society is not football idiot extreme (i still dont understand why we cannot mount MG or put bomb on stadion and have hools free society) at least some trams, wagons, bus stations would have windows and some old people would not get kick (hools also attack old people or small teenagers) i live near Polonia Stadion and i always see hundreds of policemen keeping eye when match is on stadion , from time to time someone is stabbed with knife , usual situation when football match happens, but saying about East Europe in such terms like said site ago - i dont like it :/

Edited by vilas

Cooper's voice actor was white, and yes, I do notice it alot, however some black guys (on the rare occasion) sound white.

Have you ever seen that show Destroyed in Seconds? Believe it or not the narrator is black.

Must we really continue a discussion made more than a year ago just because a stupid spammer was replying?

I don't think so.