} foreach playableunits;

{
 if (_x in lb1) then {
   unassignvehicle _x;
   dogetout _x;
 };
} foreach playableunits;

:yay: thank you

I have a basic script that spawns a group via BIS_func_spawngroup, puts them in the cargo of some waiting trucks and then gives them a waypoint at the another location. I want to eject the group when the truck takes damage or arrives at its destination (so they can run off to their own waypoint). My question though is: how can I eject the the group if it doesn't have a name?

Give it a name or pass the created group to the ejection code

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

If passing the original variable is too hard, just do:

_g = [pos, EAST, 5] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
myGroup = _g;

I'm trying to get a C-130 to eject some passengers.

My C-130 is named C1

My group leader's Initialization line is: This MoveInCargo C1; grpAlpha = group this;

My "Get Out" waypoint's "On Act" line is as follows: _xhandle = [grpAlpha,C1] execvm "Eject.sqf"

Here is what I have in the .sqf:

_group = _this select 0;

_vehicle = _this select 1;

if ( (typename _group != "GROUP") or (typename _vehicle != "OBJECT") ) exitwith {

hintSilent "Invalid Parameters parsed";

};

sleep 1;

{

unassignvehicle _x;

_x action ["EJECT", _vehicle];

sleep 0.5;

} foreach units _group;

I'm pretty sure the problem is that my .sqf isn't set properly. I've tried to replace the various _group's and OBJECT's but nothing is working. What specifically do I have to put in the .sqf to make it work? Are there any other problems/things I'm overlooking?

Thanks.

*snip*

look at the link parareinforce in my signature, at top there is a very simple working eject script like yours that is working.

Offhand I'd say you need to use a Global variable in the waypoints OnAct.... not a Local variable.

[b]nul[/b] = [grpAlpha,C1] execvm "Eject.sqf";

Alternatives for force ejecting AI/Players out of Planes/Helicopters (for what i've used this).

{_x action ["Eject",<VEHICLE>]} foreach units <GROUP>; unassignVehicle <GROUP>;

// Placed in a trigger, this will eject AI/Players at said location as long as they have a parachute on. Will not work without parachute (with regular AI flying hights without modifications).

{_x action ["GetOut",<VEHICLE>]} foreach units <GROUP>; unassignVehicle <GROUP>;

// Same as the one above, except this will throw AI/Players out at said location, no matter if they have parachutes on or not.

Do note that this will eject everyone at more or less the same time.

I have a mission where i have both paratroopers dropped from a C130J, and a diver team that will be dropped off by a chopper hovering over the water. For the paratroopers i use an Eject.sqf script similar to the one mentioned by the OP. I do however use what i've written here, the "GetOut" version, for ejecting AI/Players from the chopper and into the sea at a spesified location.

The divers are dropped from 5m, by using an invisible Helipad set to 5m, and with a "Transport Unload" waypoint on it from the chopper transporting the divers.

Ok, Im not getting anywere right now.

I have some trouble "teleporting" my group from one heli to another, I want to do this to skip 10-15 boring fly time.

My problem is that I can't for the love of god make the units teleport to the other heli via script, nothing I've found works so far, atleast not in the way I want it.

Have group of 4:

Leader code:

grpAlpha = group this;

The playable units have names "p1" to "p4".

The helis names are "InsertionHeli" and "InsertionHeli_1".

InsertionHeli is the one that you are getting in while InsertionHeli_1 is the one you are suppose to be teleported to.

InsertionHeli code:

InsertionHeli addAction ["Start Mission", "handle = execVM 'insertion.sqf'"]

insertion.sqf code:

[] spawn {
{_x moveincargo InsertionHeli_1} foreach units grpAlpha;
vehicle player vehicleChat "We are approaching the drop zone, open the ramp and stand by.";
sleep 10;
vehicle player vehicleChat "We are over the area! GO GO GO!";
};

I'm getting the chat messages but the units are never teleported, or rather moved.

What am I doing wrong?