Sign in to follow this  
Rommel

Eject/MoveInCargo Howto

Hey, I'm having a problem with this. I'm doing everything right, but when the plane reaches his way point nothing happens. The plane keeps on flying and the units don't eject. Here is what I have in Eject.sqf

_group = _this select 0;

_vehicle = _this select 1;

if ( (Alpha != "GROUP") or (plane1 != "OBJECT") ) exitwith {

hintSilent "Invalid Parameters parsed";

};

sleep 1;

{

unassignvehicle _x;

_x action ["EJECT", _vehicle];

sleep 0.5;

} foreach units _group;

(Alpha != "GROUP") or (plane1 != "OBJECT")

a) not needed

b) both conditions are wrong

So what do I delete? I tried deleting those two things but still, nothing happens. The units just sit there not ejecting. I'm very sorry, but I'm a noob at scripting.

Edited by armydude

Well, if this doesn't work, then there's something else wrong.

TRIGGER:

onAct: nul = myGroupToBeThrownOut execvm "groupeject.sqf"

groupeject.sqf:

{
 unassignvehicle _x;
 _x action ["EJECT", vehicle _x];
 sleep 1;
} foreach units _this;

how do i have the group name

[i]groupName[/i] = group this;

in the leader's init.

OK, without using a script, how in the heck do I get darn AI out of my helo?

I have tried everything in this thread, and many others. NO GO I have tried every variation of getOut and EJECT that I can find, and tried many I just (tried to intelligently) made up. I tried leaveVehicle, can't remember everything.

Here is the mission if 'you' want to take a look. It is just a little demo I did for someone.

The group name is SF_1. The Player is TL_1 (in a 'lil bird). He picks up SF_Medic_1 that joins. He picks up SF_MG_1 that joins.

Edited by CyOp

CyOp, there's a few script errors in that file, but it works. To get your guy to hop out of the helo, press F2 then select "Disembark" from the Quick Menu. Or F2 -> 4 -> 1 I think, whatever get out is.

If you want the game to tell the Ai to get out, try this:

commandGetOut units SF_1

Yea, kylania, that is what I was doing, 'manually' ejecting him. I will go try that command.

Thank you. :)

BTW, if you want to correct the errors, please, do. Or, just tell me in PM.

EDIT: Hmmm... there are no errors in the mission. (Just that one sleep in the trigger I forgot to take out, which I just did.) Well, the commandGetOut did not work. I'm stumped, and frustrated, man :mad:

Edited by CyOp

This is irritating the hell out of me ive tried for 5 HOURS<- everything on this post it doesnt not work period

i just want

1. plane fly to airport (know how to do)

2. plane stoped "Get Out" waypoint

3. auto-eject unit when plane stops ????????????????????????????????????????

ive tried everything these post says and nothing works

unit name- Man1

plane name- Plane1

so if someone can give me an EXACT <- step by step instructions using the unit and plane names above that would be great cuze i dont understand the origional instructions at all. i dont get WHY none of those scripts are working. this is extremely irritating. have been scripting for ages and this is one script i can never get to work

Edited by lostninja

You want the AI pilot of the plane to eject from the plane after it lands?

You want the AI pilot of the plane to eject from the plane after it lands?

well ya but mainly my team. wanted a mission opener where ur team is flown into a new airport recently taken by the U.S using th C-130j but i every time the plane stops its just the pilot that gets out. wanted it to kick us all out to

Check the link in my sig and search for Ground. That shows an example of a helo insertion which automatically kicks the players group out.

well i know to do a helo insertion easy. its landing the C-130J n forcing it to kick my team out "like a helo insertion" ive used comands above. u have a sample mission for that?

I'm also after the ground to ground insertion script.

Using the kylania extraction script and now trying to reverse it.

(Also editing extraction script to kick out group with no luck yet.)

edit sorted. {_x action ["EJECT", vehicle _x];} foreach units grp;

Edited by cream-t

(Also editing extraction script to kick out group with no luck yet.)

commandGetOut units group;

The eject action is bugged ( choppers picks up guy after he landed) but this works well! Thanks.:)

Hey guys this is the closest place to what im looking for i have a mission where a helo flys over a base guys jump out what i nees is the way to give me team the T-10 parachues as im using ace and cant find out where they are

Mp mission with 20 guys, a few guys gets assigned a special task and need to break off from the main group, then gets picked up by a littlebird and lb1 has a transport unload waypoint with:

lb1 land "GET OUT"; unassignVehicle player; doGetOut player;

This to force players out of lb, else lb just touches ground and moves on. 1 sec max on ground.

Question: i dont know wich players are in lb, may be any of the players in mission. players are named s1, s2, s3 etc up to s20.

I suspect that when lb1 reaches TU wp it will eject all players from all vehicles..

How to only eject only players in lb1 and not pilot?

for now i use this workaround in a script activated by trigger near transport inload wp., but havent actually tested it on server yet:

if (s1 in lb1) then {
unassignVehicle s1;
doGetOut s1;
};

if (s2 in lb1) then {
unassignVehicle s2;
doGetOut s2;
};

// and so on for all 20 names s1 to s20.

Is there any way to easily force out any player inside lb1? something like dogetout all units exept pilot from lb1??

Edit: do i need if (isServer) then { for it to work? i assumed its now run on all players machines... ejecting all that is in lb1, am i wrong?

Edited by Demonized
do i need isServer perhaps or is this run on all players machines?