Sign in to follow this  
Bravosuperstar

How can I invert aim using Xbox 360 controller?

Hey everything works great using a wireless xbox 360 controller, except I cannot figure out how to invert the aim. I have tried editing the profile cfg, and arma cfg, I can get the mouse to invert, but not the aim on the analog stick. I can do it when I do not use the custom Xbox 360 controller profile, but the its way to sensitive and other awesome Xbox 360 specific buttons do not work.

Seems like it should be defaulted to invert the aim on a 360 controller, what kind of n00b uses standard aiming on a joystick, honestly?

... what kind of n00b uses standard aiming on a joystick, honestly?

It is about half and half from polls I've seen, just depends on how one's brain works.

Anyway, I think you can change the sensitivity under the "customize" menu on the controllers screen when not using the hardcoded 360 scheme, though I've only seen the sliders and never actually messed with them. Unfortunately, binding right trigger to fire doesn't work with the custom Xbox 360 controller profile, and of course rumble and the console style menu controls don't either. I've bound everything else properly though the custom Xbox 360 controller profile though, plus made the right bumper actually put away the map as well as take it out.

It is about half and half from polls I've seen, just depends on how one's brain works.

Anyway, I think you can change the sensitivity under the "customize" menu on the controllers screen when not using the hardcoded 360 scheme, though I've only seen the sliders and never actually messed with them. Unfortunately, binding right trigger to fire doesn't work with the custom Xbox 360 controller profile, and of course rumble and the console style menu controls don't either. I've bound everything else properly though the custom Xbox 360 controller profile though, plus made the right bumper actually put away the map as well as take it out.

Hmm, yeah I have tried this but while it solves the inverted aim issue, it's a pain to have to map each button, and as you said not everything can be setup as it is under the Xbox 360 controller profile. As for the sensitivity being much to high, when I adjust it in the customize menu it seems to only effect the left stick, not the right one.

I appreciate the fact they have tried to make it easy to just go with the standard Xbox 360 profile, but it would be nice if we could edit that to our liking as well. Guess I'll just have to watch for a patch, from the look of things they have about a million other issues to deal with along with this minor inconvenience.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Just map the aiming keys the other way around.

Tried this, it does not effect the joystick aim.

Edited by Bravosuperstar

Because you're in the extreme minority. You think only n00bs use standard aiming, it's the other way around. Just realize, you're the n00b. ;)

Edited by OUT FOX EM

Because you're in the extreme minority. You think only n00bs use standard aiming, it's the other way around. Just realize, you're the n00b. ;)

Hard to change old habits I guess. None of my friends or anyone I know uses standard scheme, but we're all a bunch of old fart PC gamers. :)

Are you sure it doesn't work? It works with my Playstation 2 controller. What I meant is go into the control list, find the Aim Up/Down/Left/Right and Look Up/Down... settings, and manually bind them. To get it 'inverted', push the stick down when binding the look/aim up key, and vice versa.

By the way, might be an idea to bind the Look Up/Down/Right/Left (Analogue) settings, the ones which are bound to TrackIR by default, to the other stick.

No, he's not. You're just a douche that thinks that because you don't do it no one does. Most PC gamers use inverted controls, and most console gamers that played from Halo or before, use inverted controls. Some break the habit, most don't. Unless you're 15, you more than likely have used Inverted at one point, or still do.

Stupid kid.

Anyhow, it doesn't work for mine either. Tried it both ways mapping the button. I like using the controller a lot more than the mouse. Just flows better normally plus you get rumble which makes the game a lot easier to get immersed in. Plus I don't have an office chair, so it's easier to pull up this comfy chair and play PC games like they were console games.

Anyone know of a way to fix this? :(

Why would my method work with one controller and not another? Is the Xbox controller fully functional with ArmA 2?

No, he's not. You're just a douche that thinks that because you don't do it no one does. Most PC gamers use inverted controls, and most console gamers that played from Halo or before, use inverted controls. Some break the habit, most don't. Unless you're 15, you more than likely have used Inverted at one point, or still do.

Stupid kid.

Anyhow, it doesn't work for mine either. Tried it both ways mapping the button. I like using the controller a lot more than the mouse. Just flows better normally plus you get rumble which makes the game a lot easier to get immersed in. Plus I don't have an office chair, so it's easier to pull up this comfy chair and play PC games like they were console games.

Anyone know of a way to fix this? :(

Haha wow, you registered just to insult me? I'm flattered.

Anyway, I'm probably older than you, if your mental capacity (or lack thereof) is anything to go by. I'd never be caught dead playing Halo, but again, seeing your mental capacity, I'm not surprised you do. Most console games don't even have inverted controls as an option, let alone the default. Ever wonder why that is? Because hardly anyone uses it. :rolleyes:

Most PC gamers use inverted controls? happy0007.gif I surely hope that's not a serious statement. Unless you're talking about flying, which nobody has even mentioned in this thread, nobody uses inverted controls on the PC. How many PC games have you actually played? Go troll on the Halo forums.

Haha wow, you registered just to insult me? I'm flattered.

Anyway, I'm probably older than you, if your mental capacity (or lack thereof) is anything to go by. I'd never be caught dead playing Halo, but again, seeing your mental capacity, I'm not surprised you do. Most console games don't even have inverted controls as an option, let alone the default. Ever wonder why that is? Because hardly anyone uses it. :rolleyes:

Most PC gamers use inverted controls? happy0007.gif I surely hope that's not a serious statement. Unless you're talking about flying, which nobody has even mentioned in this thread, nobody uses inverted controls on the PC. How many PC games have you actually played? Go troll on the Halo forums.

It's hilarious the kind of ego trolls have nowadays. You're just this little kid sitting in his mothers house thinking he'll try to sound like a big man on a subpar forum :3 Good job at that kiddo.

Anyhow, I signed up because I wanted to play with an inverted controller, not to get in an argument with children.

Xpadder does work to reverse the mouse, however you lose rumble. If you're uisng Win7, you also have to unzip, then run in compatibility mode to set up the controller. Then keep the program running while playing ArmA 2. Sadly, the game doesn't operate the best with controllers, especially in single player, as you can't give commands very easily/buttons with Xpadder seem to work quite strange with ArmA2. I've gone back to running with a mouse and keyboard, which seems to (obviously) be the best setup for this game...would have been nice to sit back in a more comfortable chair and play though haha.

Figured I'd give the solution to anyone that still wanted to try this out. Oh right, you also have to go into the right stick and set it up as inverted mouse. Note that this will also cause the stick to control your mouse out of game, too, which is... fun.

Enjoy.

It's hilarious the kind of ego trolls have nowadays. You're just this little kid sitting in his mothers house thinking he'll try to sound like a big man on a subpar forum :3 Good job at that kiddo.

Anyhow, I signed up because I wanted to play with an inverted controller, not to get in an argument with children.

Xpadder does work to reverse the mouse, however you lose rumble. If you're uisng Win7, you also have to unzip, then run in compatibility mode to set up the controller. Then keep the program running while playing ArmA 2. Sadly, the game doesn't operate the best with controllers, especially in single player, as you can't give commands very easily/buttons with Xpadder seem to work quite strange with ArmA2. I've gone back to running with a mouse and keyboard, which seems to (obviously) be the best setup for this game...would have been nice to sit back in a more comfortable chair and play though haha.

Figured I'd give the solution to anyone that still wanted to try this out. Oh right, you also have to go into the right stick and set it up as inverted mouse. Note that this will also cause the stick to control your mouse out of game, too, which is... fun.

Enjoy.

Great post. Thanks for contributing some good info to the thread instead of pointless off-topic trolling like that little weiner.

you also have to go into the right stick and set it up as inverted mouse. Note that this will also cause the stick to control your mouse out of game,

How do I do this?

It would be fantastic to have the option to invert the Y axis in the 360 pad control options so i could fly with the controller and maybe do a bit of infantry (i use inverted) on my big tv.

When setting the controller to inverted in the custom controller tab you lose the fire function on the right trigger...not good.

Please make this a consideration for the next update, im sure it would'nt be hard to add.

Thank you.