Sign in to follow this  
Nedarb

One thing I hate about the command system...

Third party voice recognition commands work very well, but be prepared to do a bit of tweaking to get it just like you want it.

It makes leading AI squads that much more entertaining, sometimes I almost forget that I'm playing with bots.

yea i rmember i used to use somthing called shoot voice command thing .

Only draw back was you sounded a bit daft if people could hear you.

KeyCat,

All I know is the 9-9-... method which you and Federf alraedy discussed. The way you said it (with one more 9) is right. Unfortunately I have to confirm that it does not work.

I do hope it is a bug which can and will be fixed - not a feature by design which we will have to get used to.

@ Ketcat

I fou use Piflus and that profile I linked its simple as saying - "Team *color*" and click where you want them to go. Or say "map" (map opens) then say "Team *color* .. and again click the map location.

They need to fix this for sure I agree, but piflus for me renders my issues old news and much easier via voice. Thats personal pref but at least you have a way to get things working.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

New Dev Diary from BIS about controls in Arma2 .. havent seen all the way through but its all about control system etc.

Either way new menu for commands I dont like I never used the Space Bar commands in Arma. Please give us the option to disable this annoying new Console and just use the old Console for commands.

Also being able to identify if your soldier is in something would help as well since the icons of gerneic soldiers when in say a jeep does not show they are in a jeep...compaired to arma 1 where u could see the icon showing they were in aka a jeep or a static gun

I discovered that they switched around "Assign Team" and "Team" since ArmA1. You used to have to dive one level deeper in the menus to assign color teams but they were more accessible on a shallower menu when you just wanted to select and use them. This made perfect sense as you are likely to assign team colors once and then use them in combat a lot more so the assignment menu would be more buried in the tree.

Also the Commanding Mode (default Spacebar) has changed since ArmA1... you can't just hold Space, select the color team and then go, it's buried another 2 levels down under the Team>Team>Team Red tree. Also when you had a crewed vehicle it would show up as its own color group of sorts but not any more.

I can confirm <select units->right click on enemy> unit does not make the selected unit to target the enemy any longer... I would like this feature back, or atleast at the right command menu, there is an option for ATTACK and TARGET. I would prefer the default set to TARGET.

and if possible, make and option so that the command menu and action menu be placed on the right? I dont know, maybe got used to the old system, and find a bit awkward when its on the left. just personal preference, no biggie though

I agree assigning target for teammate was a lot easier in older command system, all i need is to select and right click. This is the one feature that i think must come back.

Centipede, I agree that attack should play second fiddle for targeting by default. If you have fire at will and engage at will on and give a target then it does the exact same thing as attack.

I've noticed earlier in the campaign that I had my LAV-25 gunner set to "Hold fire" and I gave him a target (not attack, target) order. You'd expect that he would aim his weapon at the target and continue holding fire just like OFP/ArmA1 right? WRONG. The bastard opens up with 25mm on a target I wanted to capture.

What i hate the most about the command system is the bug that your squadmates suddenly don't react to orders anymore! So i shot them for treason...:cool:

They turn off your command during campaign cutscenes and they don't respond during the interval from the start of Badlands mission to the first cutscene where you get the HQ APC.

KeyCat,

All I know is the 9-9-... method which you and Federf alraedy discussed. The way you said it (with one more 9) is right. Unfortunately I have to confirm that it does not work.

I do hope it is a bug which can and will be fixed - not a feature by design which we will have to get used to.

Thanks for the input alpha-kilo. Hope someone at BIS look into this someday since at the moment I can't seem to get a functional VAC profile.

@ Ketcat

I fou use Piflus and that profile I linked its simple as saying - "Team *color*" and click where you want them to go. Or say "map" (map opens) then say "Team *color* .. and again click the map location.

This is interesting tho, you say you can issue move order etc. to colored teams in Pilfius thats why I'm interested in the exact keyboard sequence you used in your profile. If you can do it in Pilfius it should be possible in VAC as well?

I could not download that profile you posted and I do not have Pilfius to test so would appreciate if you just posted the keyboard sequence you used.

/KC

Great game but I'm struggling with all of the command menus of the game.

There is the 1 to 0 command menu with options green if you have units selected, there is the context sensitive menu from tweaking the mouse wheel and select by mouse click and there are in game options that pop up at the cursor.

I am still using trial and error with all of this.

Cheers all.

Edited by Scimitar67

I miss the Operation Flashpoint command menu knew it off by heart the ARMA2 menu has cost me many a mission the ai wont hold fire lol there cowboys !